Old July 25, 2000, 19:47   #1
Tavis
Settler

Local Time: 06:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Help making a big map?
I remember seeing a post about how to create a map that's bigger than the map editor will allow. However, I can't find it in the archive.

Could someone remind me how to do this? (Next question, as I believe the technique involves hex editing, does anyone know a good one for Mac?)

Or, even better, could someone volunteer to create one for me, in return for effusive thanks when the scenario is released? The project I'm working on would be really well served by a wrap-around (as opposed to 'flat world') 225 x 150 map - if it isn't too much trouble to make the entire thing glacier terrain while you're at it, that would simplify things for me... Thanks in advance!
- Tavis (tallison@ucla.edu)
Old July 26, 2000, 13:30   #2
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 08:01
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I can make you one... or you can wait a few weeks, then I'll publish a (Windows) program that can do it for you.
You are using Windows aren't you? Are there any differences between Windows and Mac maps? Anyway, just send me a mail or something.
Please keep in mind the maximum surface is 10,922 (in stead of 10,000), the other limitations still hold.