Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:01
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
Quote:
Originally posted by Caligastia
It can't be a choice - who would choose that??
As one of my friends once said: "It's one thing to choose to be trendy. It's quite another thing to choose to take it up the arse."
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old October 9, 2003, 14:07   #62
Caligastia
Emperor

Local Time: 06:01

I don't necessarily equate being gay with "taking it up the arse" though.
Old October 9, 2003, 15:11   #63
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 05:01
Well duh -- not all gay men are bottoms.
Old October 9, 2003, 15:21   #64
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
So will parents be able to choose their child's sexual preference before birth?
Heck, if they can trace the gene, why don't they abort their gay children?
Old October 9, 2003, 15:24   #65
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Heck, if they can trace the gene, why don't they abort their gay children?
You are as bad as Park Avenue.
Old October 9, 2003, 15:32   #66
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

That really was tacky.
Old October 9, 2003, 15:37   #67
MrFun
Emperor

Tacky??

That was a vicious attack.
Old October 9, 2003, 15:44   #68
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

Being tacky in Texas can get you jacked.
I guess it's a relative term.
Old October 9, 2003, 15:47   #69
MrFun
Emperor

Ah -- gotta love Texan lexicon and jargon.
Old October 9, 2003, 15:51   #70
SlowwHand
inmate
Deity

We believe in understatement.
Old October 9, 2003, 16:38   #71
MrFun
Emperor

Hey -- you know, I was thinking along the same lines -- that you seem to be the master of the art of understatement.
Old October 9, 2003, 18:16   #72
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

OTOH gay "couples" might choose to give the little fetal tad a teenie tiny dose of female hormones to ensure that their little man is going to turn out to be a Bruce-y, or if it's a little lady tad perhaps a dropper full of testosterone would help on the way to become another Ellen Degeneratus.
Old October 9, 2003, 19:15   #73
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:01
Hardly "Herr Doktor Strangelove." What is the deal with the belief that gays/lesbians what to recruit any and all they come in contact with?!

If I ever adopt a child, I know for a fact that I would not what my child to go through the same hell-on-earth that I had to go through with first accepting myself and being accepted by society as a whole (to this day I'm still fighting the later).
Old October 9, 2003, 20:46   #74
molly bloom
King

Local Time: 20:01
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
OTOH gay "couples" might choose to give the little fetal tad a teenie tiny dose of female hormones to ensure that their little man is going to turn out to be a Bruce-y, or if it's a little lady tad perhaps a dropper full of testosterone would help on the way to become another Ellen Degeneratus.
Perhaps some people would rather not risk their children growing up with the problems of intersex conditions- the only woman I know who had too high a level of testosterone present pre-birth, grew up with a radically foreshortened uterus, no eggs and no possibility of ever being a parent. Other than that, she's happily heterosexual....

And perhaps some of us might be happy to see our children, or our sister's and brother's children, growing up heterosexual and accepting their gay parents and uncles and aunts as equal and normal- because let's face it, the ranks of rational unprejudiced heterosexuals certainly need to be swelled.

Caligastia- you ducked the question implicit in my comment, so let's make it clearer- why would anyone not want to 'choose' homosexuality?

I don't know what you're talking about by international law. G.W. Bush, 12/03
Old October 9, 2003, 21:54   #75
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

You guys are just saying that because you know that if you admitted otherwise the townspeople would be lighting up their torches and gathering around your place, and I don't mean for a marshmallow roast. Everyone wants the immorality of passing on a little themselves.
Old October 9, 2003, 22:15   #76
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:01
Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
You guys are just saying that because you know that if you admitted otherwise the townspeople would be lighting up their torches and gathering around your place, and I don't mean for a marshmallow roast.
Well, if I lived anywhere else (ie, "backwoods" USA), your comment might hold a line of truth (ie, ducking a lynching) but I live in "The City."

Quote:
Everyone wants the immorality of passing on a little themselves.
On this I will concede...you are right, I guess it's just human nature to leave something of oneself behind when you eventually pass on.

Since I am gay and will never be involved in a heterosexual relationship - the next best thing is adoption. Even though I'm not ready to adopt right now (and Federal laws need to change concerning gay parents), I know this when and if I do decide to adopt a child, that child will have the best life possible and want for nothing. I guess this way, I too, will leave a little something of myself to be passed on to the next generation.
Old October 9, 2003, 23:10   #77
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I know that there have been cases in which lesbian women managed to get successfully inseminated artificially. At one time I read an article about a pair of couples- 2 lesbians and 2 gay men who were trying to arrange a sort of exchange. The guys would give their semen, the girls would have the babys, and would allow the private adoption of one baby by the guys. I don't know whether it worked out.
Old November 7, 2003, 12:29   #78
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 10:01
*bump*
Old November 7, 2003, 15:07   #79
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich

Well, if I lived anywhere else (ie, "backwoods" USA), your comment might hold a line of truth (ie, ducking a lynching) but I live in "The City."

On this I will concede...you are right, I guess it's just human nature to leave something of oneself behind when you eventually pass on.

Since I am gay and will never be involved in a heterosexual relationship - the next best thing is adoption. Even though I'm not ready to adopt right now (and Federal laws need to change concerning gay parents), I know this when and if I do decide to adopt a child, that child will have the best life possible and want for nothing. I guess this way, I too, will leave a little something of myself to be passed on to the next generation.
You're gay?

But you're definitely right -- no matter what sexual orientation a person is, that person is likely to want to pass on their genes (I'm not talking Levi).