Old October 7, 2003, 05:47   #1
WackenOpenAir
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:02
Local Date: November 2, 2010
ausg and democracy games
i just read some of these threads, and i would like to join a team sometime.

I don't play civ terribly much (10 hours a week max), and i am currently busy with my own game, so there isn't a rush in joining, but i would like to join when a new game starts somewhere in the coming month or so.

Also, i only have civ3 original, not yet ptw. is that a problem, or are there standard civ games going as well? i might buy ptw, but will probably be in a few weeks.

Although i have not played civ as much as you guys (played some weeks until i could beat deity long ago, now just recently started playing again) and i am probably far from an expert, i do think i am pretty reasonable at it. Is there any proof of skill needed before joining?

My style btw is warmongerer. i have never in any civ (or other strat game) gone for anything else than complete world domination. IMO war and domination is what strategy games are about.
Old October 7, 2003, 12:34   #2
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 03:02
Hi WackenOpenAir. To answer your questions you'd be welcomed on a team. However, for AUSG101 it is set up with PTW settings. You can however join a democracy game as you don't necessarily need PTW to speak your mind on what you think the teams should do (generally most teams have one to three turnplayers and the others either handle diplomacy or just give opinions). Go to the PTWDGII forum for more details on the individual teams and how to join.

As to buying PTW in a few weeks I'd buy Conquests instead. The Conquests expansion will be out at the end of the month and it will contain all the PTW format in addition to it's own.
Old October 7, 2003, 15:15   #3
WackenOpenAir
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:02
oh then i will buy coquests and then join a ausg team when a new one starts.
Old October 7, 2003, 20:14   #4
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 05:02
You should check out the PTWDG and ISDG forums and see if you would like to participate. The former is about 10 months old or so and has quite a large war going on and all teams need participants. And the ISDG has a great little war going on right now as well. The PTWDG is almost entirely in house poly whereasthe ISDG is Poly against the world.

Either way you'll pick up a lot of great tips. my team, Gathering Storm in the PTWDG has several strat forum posters, and watching them I've refined my game considerably, to the point where I can win at Emperor fairly easily (I don't bother with Deity)

Check them out, they are lots of fun and you can put in as much time as you want in them.