That should settle this thread.
Old October 7, 2003, 09:05   #3
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 06:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Compliment her eyes.

Course, it's probably too late, since yuo're paying attention to the computer and not her.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old October 7, 2003, 09:06   #4
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 05:03
Hell... just go up to her and start a conversation... but I would recommend something a little more Neutral than DaShi's approach.
Old October 7, 2003, 09:09   #5
ískallin
Call to Power II Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 22:03
too late she's gone
Old October 7, 2003, 09:09   #6
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Loser.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old October 7, 2003, 09:12   #7
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 11:03
Follow her when she leaves. Once you know her address then you can turn up in a pizza delivery van, park across the street and make notes about what she does. Binoculars might help at this point. Once you get to know her movements then you can always turn up where she's going to, but still don't reveal yourself. For that you will need a copy of her house keys.........
Old October 7, 2003, 09:18   #8
DaShi
Emperor

Local Time: 10:03
Be sure to learn her cycle.
Old October 7, 2003, 09:19   #9
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 12:03
Or, in the meantime, save you lots of work and get another girl
Old October 7, 2003, 09:20   #10
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Quote:

Sorry, I mean LOL...
Old October 7, 2003, 09:30   #11
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:03
Listen to her when she talks about her feelings and complains about her bf
Old October 7, 2003, 09:33   #12
Drake Tungsten
Deity

I think he wants to hit it, not be the gay friend. Then again, if he asks geeks on web boards for macking advice, gay friend status might be a step up...
Old October 7, 2003, 09:44   #13
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:03
Hence the "" DT...
Old October 7, 2003, 09:48   #14
Drake Tungsten
Deity

God, this forum is so confusing without smilies...
Old October 7, 2003, 10:01   #15
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 03:03
Quote:
Originally posted by Boshko
Listen to her when she talks about her feelings and complains about her bf
Sound advice. Don't forget to ask her to go some where fun with you. The actual place will depend upon the girl but if she into fitness then ask her to go running with you or if she's into art then ask her to go to the art museum with you, etc. While you are away with her do the things that a guy who's courting a girl is supposed to do like open doors, walk on her left side, don't interupt her, and let ladies go first, etc.

The key to not slipping into "friend" status is to keep doing things which a man who wants her is supposed to do yet still being the one she wants to go and ***** about her day to. Trust me it can be done and many women like this.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old October 7, 2003, 11:00   #16
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Quote:
walk on her left side
I wonder wheter on Engish Sidewalks you should choose the right Side..
Old October 7, 2003, 11:04   #17
Oerdin
Deity

Yes, the point of walking on the left side is because back in the day when streets dirt or filled with garbage the man was to keep himself between the traffic and the lady. That way if a passing carrige should splash filth it would hit the man instead of the woman. The same principle would apply in teh UK though the man would stand on the right instead of the left.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old October 7, 2003, 16:06   #18
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
While you are away with her do the things that a guy who's courting a girl is supposed to do like open doors, walk on her left side, don't interupt her, and let ladies go first, etc.
Good advice.

This can work the other way as well, starting from a friend, and saying to her, why don't we try this?
Old October 7, 2003, 16:14   #19
SKILORD
Never Ending StoriesCivilization III MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

I reccomend dressing as a squirrel and masquerading through her backyard with a video camera until you learn her daily schedule. When you're quite sure that she's left you should break into the house (Though not in a violent way) and make her a nice dinner and leave it on her table with a friendly note

(Reccomended Note Content:

Dearest love of my life, I am not a stalker.

- (Sign a fake name))

Rinse and repeat for several days (A job may get in the way, so quit yours) then, when she starts wondering who the freak who's bothering her is you are there to comfort her (She doesn't know it's you because of your magnificent squirrel costume) ask her out to dinner and have a freind (In your squirrel costume) pose as the stalker and beat the crap outta him, forever assuring yourself of her devotion.
Old October 7, 2003, 16:18   #20
Whaleboy
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessMac
Prince

Pathetic
Old October 7, 2003, 18:37   #21
Oerdin
Deity

Do they have squirrels in Iceland?
Old October 7, 2003, 18:56   #22
Saint Marcus
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 11:03
Quote:
Do they have squirrels in Iceland?
yes, with snowcaps and fur mittons on.
Old October 8, 2003, 07:40   #23
Main_Brain
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Free Drones
King

Quote:
Yes, the point of walking on the left side is because back in the day when streets dirt or filled with garbage the man was to keep himself between the traffic and the lady. That way if a passing carrige should splash filth it would hit the man instead of the woman. The same principle would apply in teh UK though the man would stand on the right instead of the left
Absolutly Correct!
Im so impressed. :=)
Nowadays mostly useful if walking with Children so they cant run in the Traffic.
Old October 8, 2003, 12:45   #24
ískallin
Call to Power II Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 22:03
I'll be more specific i've known her for many years and i know that she thinkes i'm fun and so on(gay friend or so exept i'm not gay and i fancy her but she likes this uber guy hows great at sports and so on but he can't write his name right(almost) and is a total ass with a face....
What to do...
No, a hired killer is not an option.
Squirrel thing LOL
Old October 8, 2003, 19:06   #25
Ted Striker
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 02:03
Quote:
Originally posted by DaShi
Old October 8, 2003, 19:14   #26
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 13:03
Quote:
I'll be more specific i've known her for many years and i know that she thinkes i'm fun and so on(gay friend or so exept i'm not gay and i fancy her but she likes this uber guy hows great at sports and so on but he can't write his name right(almost) and is a total ass with a face....
What to do...
Isn't this the story of half of apolyton? Or at least, so american teen movies say.
Old October 8, 2003, 19:18   #27
Oerdin
Deity

Ok, so you're stuck in gay friend mode. If you want to break out of it then you will have to be direct and honest with her. One day when you are off alone with her (perferably some place romantic) say to her there is something which you've had on your mind for sometime and you feel it would be best if you told her about it. Tell her you think she's a very special person to you, that everytime you date another girl you're always comparing them to her, and that you would really like it if she would go on a date with you. Don't say "go out" or some other phrase which she could misunderstand make sure you say you want to go on a date with her.

Either she'll say yes or no but if she says no you only have one card left to play and it's an all or nothing type shot.If she says yes then great but if she says no then you have to tell her you have strong feelings for her and it is killing you to be around her knowing that she doesn't feel the same. Tell her you're sorry but you can't see her as a friend any more because you'll never be able to get over your feelings seeing her every day.

If that doesn't work then it just wasn't meant to be.
Old October 8, 2003, 20:13   #28
Peter Triggs
CTP2 Source Code ProjectCivilization IV Creators
King

Oerdin,

If I'd had that advice when I was iskallin's age, it would have saved me a lot of stress. With girls, as with poker, you gotta know when you're playing a losing hand and wait for the next deal.
Old October 8, 2003, 20:13   #29
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
it's an all or nothing type shot.
Oerdin:

I agree with asking her on a date, letting her know how you feel about her. I don't like forcing the issue here with the ultimatum, if you don't go out with me, I'll never see you again!

If the girl likes you, you can tell.

I remember with my girlfriend, I asked her twice, 2 months apart. I told her how I felt, and asked if she felt the same. Both times all she said is that she loved me as a friend, and that she did not want to risk losing our friendship. We'd been friends for a little more than a year at that point.

I told her I was disappointed. So you know what I did? I continued to treat her as I would my girlfriend, opening doors, the whole works. I wanted to break her into what it would be like rather than making the whole jump all at once.

I asked her again, just before the end of the term, where she saw us headed the next year. I told her my feelings had not changed. Said the same.

We had a trip to Ottawa together about a month later. We had a wonderful time, everything just fell in place.
Now, I made a special trip to visit her in the summer, a 10 hr busride just to see her and her family.

Don't forget her friends. If her friends like you, they will make things so much easier.
Old October 8, 2003, 20:32   #30
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Oerdin

The Friendship box is a place few escape from.

when I first was laying the groundwork with my wife, I refused to be placed there. "Oh lets just be friends for a little while and see where that goes" Well, it doesn't lead to her box, thats for sure. I was tired of being the nice guy always the friend. I explained to her the friendship box and that was that. I just let it all out, no more games, and here we are, gulp, married. We've been a couple for about 4 years now.

There is nothing more pathetic than pining away for a friend who doesn't return your advances. I know, I've been there. Buck up, get some self-esteem. Be friends with girls but avoid being friend with girls you are interested in. Thar be dragons.