Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 19:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Atahualpa
bahh people this whole performance story doesnt matter at all
Because I am posting here on apolyton right here right now from the most crappiest of all laptops

okay it is not muahahaha but who cares

for purpose of posting on apolyton everything faster than a celly is good enough
err wait I mean a celly is already fast enough
oh well
oh boy
That's pretty funny.
Old October 11, 2003, 20:15   #62
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Local Time: 06:07
Quote:
According to APPLE and the person who was affected, this did happen. Obviously, things change over time -- I've provided you several links to back this up, so how can you claim I am "lying"?

Apple has removed that "feature" from iTunes due to the backlash that the media coverage gave Apple when it was discovered the music files were deleted when you changed your regions.

Apple has changed it, it doesn't make what I said a lie, particularly when it did happen.

Oh, Jesus, this is classic Asher. Apple must've made some change no one has heard about, because god knows Asher couldn't have exaggerated the truth in an attempt to score points in an internet debate.

Old October 11, 2003, 20:17   #63
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 04:07
I thought it was your assertion that I lied, and now you retract that?

And I don't see how I exaggerated the truth. The guy's files were deleted because he wasn't in the US anymore. That's not an exaggeration, it's a plain-as-day fact.
Old October 11, 2003, 20:18   #64
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 19:07
Quote:
Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
Quote:
According to APPLE and the person who was affected, this did happen. Obviously, things change over time -- I've provided you several links to back this up, so how can you claim I am "lying"?

Apple has removed that "feature" from iTunes due to the backlash that the media coverage gave Apple when it was discovered the music files were deleted when you changed your regions.

Apple has changed it, it doesn't make what I said a lie, particularly when it did happen.

Oh, Jesus, this is classic Asher. Apple must've made some change no one has heard about, because god knows Asher couldn't have exaggerated the truth in an attempt to score points in an internet debate.

Old October 11, 2003, 20:19   #65
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Quote:
I thought it was your assertion that I lied, and now you retract that?
Depends what your definition of "lying" is. I consider taking an isolated incident and blowing it up into an evil conspiracy on Apple's part to be "lying", but you can call it "bending the truth" if you want. Either way, you're still being dishonest.
Old October 11, 2003, 20:19   #66
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

The only thing funny here is how you're both playing into the stereotype of Mac users being thickheaded morons who go out of their way to ignore the obvious and praise Apple while forking over cash hand-over-fist for substandard products...
Old October 11, 2003, 20:21   #67
Drake Tungsten
Deity

At least he's not blaming me for being too stupid to get my files erased anymore, eh Ag? That's a step in the right direction...
Old October 11, 2003, 20:21   #68
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Depends what your definition of "lying" is. I consider taking an isolated incident and blowing it up into an evil conspiracy on Apple's part to be "lying", but you can call it "bending the truth" if you want. Either way, you're still being dishonest.
Now you're being dishonest, I never claimed it was a conspiracy on Apple's part, as I recall everyone blamed RIAA (even Apple).

You're bending the truth again, Drake.

And the only reason it was an isolated incident was it was a huge deal online when it happened. If it wasn't for that, your files may have been deleted now too. Public pressure is great.
Old October 11, 2003, 20:24   #69
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
At least he's not blaming me for being too stupid to get my files erased anymore, eh Ag? That's a step in the right direction...
I didn't know that Apple had changed it shortly after the incident, since there was next to no publicity about it. I now know that you're only restricted from acquiring music outside of the US, you can use the already acquired music outside of the US.

That was simply ignorance on my behalf before. Your files are no doubt still there, because *******s like me made a big deal about it when they deleted people's files who moved out of the US.
Old October 11, 2003, 20:27   #70
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Actually, I'm pretty sure I know why my files are still around and it has nothing to do with some secret policy change on Apple's part. Maybe if you were a more endearing person, I'd throw you a bone and tell you how the iTMS service works, but I'd really rather just watch you continue to flail about for answers. I love a good comedy.
Old October 11, 2003, 20:31   #71
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

It's not a secret policy change, Apple updated the Terms of Service on their site. Before it said you couldn't use the music outside of the USA, now it says you can't use the service outside of the USA.

And I understand how the iTMS service works, thanks. The reason you won't "tell me how it works" is because it'd be quite embarassing for you to be corrected on the more technical matters of it.

My favorite feature of iTMS is, of course, you can't re-download the song if you've lost it. What a customer-friendly policy.
Old October 11, 2003, 20:35   #72
Drake Tungsten
Deity

Quote:
And I understand how the iTMS service works, thanks. The reason you won't "tell me how it works" is because it'd be quite embarassing for you to be corrected on the more technical matters of it.

If you say so...
Old October 12, 2003, 04:53   #73
Atahualpa
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Emperor

Local Time: 11:07
Asher,
Id say people appreciate your being here much more if you are less biased and be more constructive. After all your "hatred" against various developments in the computer science industry will lead you nowhere.

Just look at your first post. Its about 33% constructive and 66% destructive. You are also merely repeating what you hear from other sources. Instead of stating these things as "facts" you could have used this forum here as another source of information (ask the mac people here for example). Instead you use it to test the validity of other sources points here.
And as you see they didnt hold so I think its best if you back off.
Old October 12, 2003, 05:49   #74
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 12:07
This looked intresting http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3180872.stm

- Paul Valery
Old October 12, 2003, 06:50   #75
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 12:07
Quote:
Originally posted by Atahualpa
Asher,
Id say people appreciate your being here much more if you are less biased and be more constructive.
He's been less biased and more constructive than "some other frequent posters in this thread".
Old October 12, 2003, 06:57   #76
Atahualpa
Spanish CiversCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Emperor

Local Time: 11:07
Quote:
He's been less biased and more constructive than "some other frequent posters in this thread".
no