Old October 8, 2003, 07:33   #1
jackl
Chieftain

Local Time: 10:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
problems, problems, problems.
OK guys i know you told me to wait for conquests but i went out and got play the world and before you say it....god am i sorry.

To start, the diplomacy section seems to be all messed up. The Lettering is all squiffy and often over writes itself. Half the options disapear off the bottom of the screen and there is no way to select them. (i have tried change screen size etc)

I was hoping this would be solved by the patches but when i installed it ....the game wont start just asks me to "insert the correct CD"

What can i do?

I got the uk version of the game...and uk patch but still no joy. So i know that i failed to listen to your well seasoned advice earlier guys and i now bow down to your better judgments but please be kind to a silly fool and tell how i get this sorted please.

So i'm now about half an hour into my first solo game on PTW and im just not impressed....oh and wheres my embassy maker gone?? Tell me its gonna get better guys. Just tell me its gonna be alright.

Please
Old October 8, 2003, 07:41   #2
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 05:08
Re: problems, problems, problems.
Quote:
Originally posted by jackl
Just tell me its gonna be alright.
Uh...erm...uh...did you keep you reciept?

Maybe you could return it? C3C's release date is only 20 days away!
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old October 8, 2003, 07:47   #3
jackl
Chieftain

plato

seriously....once i get a patch that works will all this get sorted?? Or am i destined to be punished for not listening to my apolyton elders??
Old October 8, 2003, 07:53   #4
Stuie
King

Local Time: 06:08
You might want to try uninstalling everyting (PTW and Civ3) and then reinstalling Civ3, then PTW, and then the 1.27f patch.

I know it's a pain to go through all that, but sometimes a clean install will correct problems.

As for the game itself, what were you expecting? The major difference is multi-player; other than that, it's the same game with some new Civs thrown in and slightly better AI.
Old October 8, 2003, 13:42   #5
spy14
Prince

...And the multiplayer is a waste of disk space. I'm still unsure why I spent £20 on PTW, which changed very little, and why i'm about to get it free bundled into the £15 Conquests, an XP that will actually bring a good few changes
Old October 8, 2003, 14:17   #6
mucker
Chieftain

I bought PTW yesturday, installed it with the 1.27f patch. I havent' had any problems. Of course, had I known Conquest was coming out so soon...
Old October 8, 2003, 14:20   #7
SirOsis
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 11:08
If I hadn't bought PTW I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the last 10 months of PBEM games.

All I have to say is: 1.27f buggy? remember 1.04f?
Old October 8, 2003, 14:43   #8
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Theres an all new singing, dancing embassy screen. When you first make contact the letter E will appear in the bottom right corner, next to your mini-map. Right next to where the D for diplomacy and all that lot are. The new screen is quite an improvement.

MP can be a joy like no other, if youve got the patience for it.
Old October 8, 2003, 14:52   #9
spy14
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by SirOsis
If I hadn't bought PTW I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the last 10 months of PBEM games.

All I have to say is: 1.27f buggy? remember 1.04f?
True, but all the same PTW now comes free? Sounds like an interim con to me.
Old October 8, 2003, 15:12   #10
Snotty
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Hmm. If I had to wait until now for the first expansion then I doubt I would have given a damn about it. PTW kept me interested until conquests came along. I've certainly played it enough, and it has payed its way.
Old October 8, 2003, 20:59   #11
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Snotty
Hmm. If I had to wait until now for the first expansion then I doubt I would have given a damn about it. PTW kept me interested until conquests came along. I've certainly played it enough, and it has payed its way.
No doubt Snotty, but we have had the game a while. To buy it now is not very cost effective with Conquests knocking on the door.

jackl, Stuie is probably correct. A complete reinstall and then the latest patch should take care of the problems.
BTW, Mideveil Infantry is the best addition to the units IMHO, but the best UU has to be the Sipihi. I think PTW was a worthwhile upgrade and given the time since its release it has been worth every penny to me.
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old October 9, 2003, 04:37   #12
jackl
Chieftain

RAPTURE...JOY...IT WORKS.

God bless ATARI SUPPORT.

Aparently even though i bought it here in Blighty i managed to get the US VERSION. (Even our humble shops are now in jeapordy). So now installed US PATCH and all is fine. No Probs with anything now....ha ha ha...now i have conquered the install process maybe I can manage to conquer the world....he he he (thats a maniacal laugh BTW)

CHEERS GUYS
Old October 9, 2003, 14:57   #13
G'Kar
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:08
A maniacal laugh is "mwhahaha", btw. But I'm happy the game is working for you now.
Old October 9, 2003, 18:09   #14
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Wow, you really shouldn't have bought it. Conquests is out really really soon, why didn't you just wait?

Sell your photos
Old October 9, 2003, 18:39   #15
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 06:08
What do you mean by soon? The gone gold annoucement has not been seen and it will take a few weeks after that.
Don't forget that those not in the US, may have to wait much longer as been the case for PTW.
So I hope you are correct and it will be soon.
Old October 9, 2003, 18:49   #16
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:08
Vmxa does make a point - Even though the "published" availablity date for Conquests in the end of October (subject to any last minute unforseen cercomstances), this release date I believe is for the U.S. It would be great if it is a "global' release date ... but I, for one haven't seen anything to indicate this - so with that in mind, maybe Jackl was right to purchase PTW now in order to fill-in the waiting time for the European release. I for one, find no fault in his reasoning.