Old October 9, 2003, 13:12   #1
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 04:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Latest message to the Cycon
Since the feeling seemed to be that we trade doc ini to the cycon rather than see them research it for no benefit to us, I sent the following message to the cycon ambassador

-------------------------------------------

Diplomatic communication
Honored Deathbythesword

While we are plenty peeved by your actions in ONCE AGAIN researching a tech we have, with no consideration of repaying us a tech that has been owed to us for about 15 years, we are still trying to get benefits for us BOTH out of this alliance. In that spirit, we see the benefit of sending you Doc Ini so that you can obtain HEC for us on the research switch in payment of the old debt. The question becomes what you can provide us.

NOte that doc ini is preaccepted in our diplomacy box but should not be accepted by you until we reach a deal !!

I see several possibilities

1. a tech-- this would be our favored option if you could provide a good one in a timely fashion
2. energy credits, either lump sum or in installments
3. units
4. Other considerations, such as no trade clauses and an agreement not to build the MCC on your part.

I think option 1 can work but only if you can be certain of getting us a Level2 or above tech we do not have in a time to be specified. If a tech immediately or very soon is not possible, then we are left with the other 3 options.

Our faction wants the MCC and wants your assurance that you will not build it . . . That should be easy and costs you nothing. WE would also want your assurance that you would not trade on Doc INI for a number of years to be specified/negotiated ( to give us time to complete the MCC)

All the foregoing is just background stuff-- For the tech I believe we would want either unit(s) and/or energy. You folks were willing to pay 90 ec before for a tech obtainable elsewhere so I can only presume your offer would be higher for this tech.

I look forward to your response

Ambassador Flubber
Old October 9, 2003, 20:52   #2
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 11:14
It wouldn't do any harm to send it to Drogue either.
Old October 12, 2003, 20:14   #3
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Any news
Old October 13, 2003, 05:38   #4
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 05:14
We seem to just be at treaty with them at the moment; is that something we did or that they did? If them, did they say anything about it? If us, who did it and why?
Old October 13, 2003, 06:16   #5
Hercules
Deity

No we didn't move to treaty. They've moved to treaty status.We need an update on this as we sent them Doc Init. I hope it is just DBTS messing things up again, but we do need an urgent explanation from them.