Old October 9, 2003, 18:43   #1
KRONOS1974
Settler

Local Time: 10:16
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Old scenerios?
Any way to get some old scenerios from civ2 ( fantasy, ww2, rome, etc....) to run on civ3? Or is there any scenerios like that now that im missing? I checked download section--there isnt much of a selection for these kinds of scenerios. I use to love playing the japanese, atlantic, ww2, rome scenerios. I have ptw and it shows a bunch but i cant get the to run- so i've just ben playing on regular maps and custom maps.

I would make up one or two but being back in school ,work, and family i dont have much time these days:\

Thanks
Kronos

Last edited by KRONOS1974; October 9, 2003 at 19:30.
Old October 9, 2003, 18:54   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:16
As far as I know, Civ3 and PTW uses a different game engine than the one used for Civ2 - so getting Civ2 scenerios to run with PTW is, well, virtually impossible without having access to the actual code...unless someone else has more information that I'm currently unaware of...
Old October 9, 2003, 19:30   #3
KRONOS1974
Settler

well what i meant is, is there any of those type of scenerios made for civ3? A good WWII, rome, atlantic scenerios made up for civ3.
Old October 9, 2003, 20:52   #4
G'Kar
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 04:16
C3C will have a WWII in the Pacific scenario and a Rise of Rome (and Fall of Rome?) scenario.
Old October 9, 2003, 21:46   #5
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:16
Ah Kronos, I misunderstood your original post. Defcon is correct - Civ3 Conquests promises to be...well, promising when it comes to scenarios...we shall see.

Concerning existing scenarios for Civ3/PTW...have you checked out the Apolyton download section (accessible by clicking on the "directory" tab at the top of the page)?
Old October 9, 2003, 21:57   #6
KRONOS1974
Settler

yes i have, but selection isnt really good. And not to many of them. I will wait for c3c and hope it has what i want. Dont get me wrong i love playing civ, been playing since 1st civ came out, almost cried when they took it away from the zone :\ But every so often i just love to play a scenerio

thanks for info everyone and c3c comes out in 15-18 days *crosses fingers*

Kronos
Old October 10, 2003, 19:42   #7
Datajack Franit
NationStates
King

Local Time: 11:16
I thought PTW had even too many scenarios
I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom