Old August 11, 2000, 21:11   #1
Kitana
Chieftain

Local Time: 06:02
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Modifying maps in mid scenario...
I've been working on a new scenario for a couple weeks now. I've got the civs starting in the right place, I'm in the process of building them up, giving the tech, etc. The only thing is that I would like to change the map a little. Is there a utility or a way to do this with Civ II MPG?

------------------
Kitana
Shogun of the Japanese
Old August 11, 2000, 21:39   #2
Eternal
King

Local Time: 01:02
We all wish! The scenario I'm working on now had problems with river placement, but the river trick apparently didn't work in MPG (as if it were some horrible bug they had to purge).
Old August 11, 2000, 21:54   #3
PolarisGL
King

Activate the cheat menu, and while over a terrain, click "Change Terrain" in the cheat menu. As for rivers: you cannot change where a river is, but you can put ocean on the river location, and change it back into grassland. In the map editor, you can do this, and just put another river on it.
Old August 12, 2000, 06:27   #4
SCDARS
Civilization II Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 07:02
If you are going to change more than just a few terrain tiles you should consider learning shortcuts such as {shift}+{F8} (Change Terrain) or {shift}+{ctrl}+{F8}
For some more of those time saving methods, check http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum18/HTML/001033.html

quote:

The river trick apparently didn't work in MPG.

Well, at least for FW adding rivers to existing savegame works - why do you use MGE instead?
P.S: There had been a thread about it, but the only reference to "the river trick" I remember is http://members.bellatlantic.net/~cfritz/civ/rivers.html
(Just in case you want to continue your scenario under FW )

P.P.S: I thought Mercator was doing a map editor, at least referring to oversized maps he said
quote:

Originally posted by Mercator on 07-26-2000 01:30 PM
you can wait a few weeks, then I'll publish a (Windows) program that can do it for you.

I hope I didn't misinterpret it...
[This message has been edited by SCDARS (edited August 12, 2000).]
Old August 12, 2000, 10:27   #5
Kitana
Chieftain

quote:

Originally posted by SCDARS on 08-12-2000 06:27 AM
If you are going to change more than just a few terrain tiles you should consider learning shortcuts such as {shift}+{F8} (Change Terrain) or {shift}+{ctrl}+{F8}

I thought that was just to add roads, railroads, irrigation,etc. but I checked it out and I can add new terrain. Thanks for the tip.

For some more of those time saving methods, check http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum18/HTML/001033.html

Quote:
The river trick apparently didn't work in MPG.

Well, at least for FW adding rivers to existing savegame works - why do you use MGE instead?

Well, I got MGE because FW comes with it. It wasn't until after I bought it that I found out there is a slight change the the save files.

P.S: There had been a thread about it, but the only reference to "the river trick" I remember is http://members.bellatlantic.net/~cfritz/civ/rivers.html
(Just in case you want to continue your scenario under FW )

I'd like to but then I'd have to but it...

P.P.S: I thought Mercator was doing a map editor, at least referring to oversized maps he said
quote:

Originally posted by Mercator on 07-26-2000 01:30 PM
you can wait a few weeks, then I'll publish a (Windows) program that can do it for you.

I hope I didn't misinterpret it...
[This message has been edited by SCDARS (edited August 12, 2000).]
Kitana
Shogun of the Japanese

[This message has been edited by Kitana (edited August 12, 2000).]