Old October 10, 2003, 02:05   #1
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 11:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Eat this you Nokia lovers
Nokia phones EXPLODE!

I have siemens
Old October 10, 2003, 02:08   #2
Zopperoni
Age of Nations TeamApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 12:17
Bastards.

I have a Siemens too
Old October 10, 2003, 02:09   #3
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 04:17
Nokia makes hideous phones.
Old October 10, 2003, 02:10   #4
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 18:17
Seen it
Old October 10, 2003, 02:26   #5
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 05:17
Are you trying to invoke the Wrathe of Finnelande upon us AGAIN?

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old October 10, 2003, 02:39   #6
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

If you look closely on the first sentence of the article you will see three magic words..."unauthorized, counterfeit batteries".

What does this tell us? It tells not to use those cheap made in bhutan batteries. Try using them on your siemens and they will explode too, guaranteed. It's not Nokias fault if someone makes exploding batteries. This is just another evidence that CNN is paid by the US industry, in this case Motorola. So Jebi se

- Paul Valery
Old October 10, 2003, 03:05   #7
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by laurentius Jebi se
Did you find this one in an online dictionary? A great way to avoid automated correction that happens whenever you type ****.

We should start using this more. I suggest you people start using the above Serbian expression.

No offence taken, off course

Quote:
Originally posted by laurentius What does this tell us? It tells not to use those cheap made in bhutan batteries. Try using them on your siemens and they will explode too, guaranteed.
I have never heard any reports about siemens phone exploding. I'd surely appreciate if you could direct me to an online resource proving otherwise.

Quote:
Originally posted by laurentius It's not Nokias fault if someone makes exploding batteries. This is just another evidence that CNN is paid by the US industry, in this case Motorola.
I understand this if you are employed in Nokia. If not, Jebi se
Old October 10, 2003, 03:14   #8
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

oh please, as laurentius already pointed out, the users had batteries that were not certified by Nokia. You can't blame Rolex if a fake stops working, same principal here.

.00001/1000
Old October 10, 2003, 03:35   #9
VetLegion
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
Emperor

Nokia
Old October 10, 2003, 03:39   #10
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

I hsave NOKIE

jOKN mILER
Old October 10, 2003, 03:43   #11
VetLegion
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
Emperor

Jon Miller

(and he ain't typing weird 'cause it blew up in his hand I hope )
Old October 10, 2003, 03:44   #12
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

jnno

joN mIULLER
Old October 10, 2003, 03:49   #13
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Quote:
Originally posted by ljcvetko

Did you find this one in an online dictionary? A great way to avoid automated correction that happens whenever you type ****.

We should start using this more. I suggest you people start using the above Serbian expression.

No offence taken, off course

I have never heard any reports about siemens phone exploding. I'd surely appreciate if you could direct me to an online resource proving otherwise.

I understand this if you are employed in Nokia. If not, Jebi se
No, I use Jebi se frequently with my serbian friends mateja, milan and slobo no offence meant of course. I dont want to make a serb angry...You are one crazy people

You dont get any news of exploding Siemens phones because noone uses them, at least not in Vietnam

- Paul Valery
Old October 10, 2003, 03:53   #14
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Miller
I hsave NOKIE

jOKN mILER
Quote:
jnno

joN mIULLER
See what Nokia ownership does to people?

No offense meant!
Old October 10, 2003, 04:25   #15
Zopperoni
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by laurentius
If you look closely on the first sentence of the article you will see three magic words..."unauthorized, counterfeit batteries".

What does this tell us? It tells not to use those cheap made in bhutan batteries.
Those consumers did not purposely choose to use counterfeit batteries.
If the phone explodes "out-of-the-box", then Nokia should take some responsibility to investigate the issue rather than simply blaming the incidents on counterfeit batteries and claiming that "its own batteries are safe".

So far, there is no physical evidence that counterfeit batteries were used.
I admit that there is no physical evidence that it concerned genuine Nokia batteries either, but I do not understand the lack of action and concern from Nokia.
Old October 10, 2003, 04:42   #16
Kropotkin
Emperor

Soon the evil, evil finns will come and eat you alive!
Old October 10, 2003, 04:48   #17
laurentius
King

Did you even read the article? Heres some quotes:

"We don't yet have any information on what is the origin of the battery in the Vietnam case," Nokia Mobile Phones spokesman Kari Tuutti said.

"[But] there hasn't been a single case of an original battery exploding anywhere in the world," he said.

Nokia has cited faulty batteries from independent electronics manufacturers for similar incidents in the past.

Nokia has said these manufacturers violated security requirements which should prevent the battery heating up after short circuiting, for instance, after the phone was dropped.

Contraband and counterfeit mobile phone batteries are widely available in Vietnam in local markets at around $2-$3 a piece compared to $20 for genuine product, a local Nokia spokesman said.

"The biggest issue is with counterfeit, illegal batteries," Tuutti said. "Therefore we recommend that retailers and consumers try to verify the products sold have original batteries."

So they dont even know if the injured people used original batteries or not. "out-of-the-box" is nowhere mentioned.

What could they do? How could they investigate? Should they travel to some remote location in Vietnam to buy one of those exploding batteries. Like said, if the battery is made poorly and below standards. Nokia can't do 5hit about it.

- Paul Valery
Old October 10, 2003, 05:30   #18
Zopperoni
Emperor

This isn't solely about the case in Vietnam. We have the cases in the Netherlands as well.

I'm not taking side, but there's no proof either way (imitation or genuine batteries).

Quote:
What could they do? How could they investigate? Should they travel to some remote location in Vietnam to buy one of those exploding batteries.
They could visit stores to check if the batteries sold (with the phone) are genuine. Or they could add a seal of authenticity to their batteries/phones.

Right now, Nokia is basically stating that its batteries are perfect and that nothing could possibly go wrong with them. Something could always go wrong with production and/or use.

But this discussion is rather pointless without evidence on the origin of the batteries concerned.
Old October 10, 2003, 06:24   #19
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 13:17
Yeah, Nokia sucks, booo Nokia.
Old October 10, 2003, 06:47   #20
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

On behalf of all my friends in Bhutan, I insist that you retract that outrageous slur upon the good name of their fifth-largest industry! The batteries manufactured in Bhutan are as good as anyone else's batteries, even Finland's!
Old October 10, 2003, 07:17   #21
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 21:17
Ahh, Nokia.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	phones.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	54782  
Old October 10, 2003, 07:18   #22
Q Classic
Emperor

i have an lg, but i want a samsung.
Old October 10, 2003, 07:28   #23
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 13:17
Serves the bastard right.

Nokia phone = $100
cheap, illegal battery from criminals = $2
Your face gettng blown up because you are cheap and lazy bastard = PRICELESS !!!
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old October 10, 2003, 08:00   #24
DaShi
Emperor

Local Time: 10:17
I really don't want to hear about posters' seimens.
Old October 10, 2003, 08:30   #25
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Didn't Ray Mercer (what's his name) do a prank call about exploding cell phones?

Life imitates parody. Heh...

And, they were COUNTERFIET batteries. Perhaps I should sue Microsoft if I lose important data after my warez Office copy ****s up?

(It was an example. I don't have a warez Office copy, MS, seriously. Do you really think I actually want to use it? I've got a legal copy of Word that came with my computer and that's it. Really!)
Old October 10, 2003, 08:54   #26
Ljube
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Pekka
Serves the bastard right.

Nokia phone = $100
cheap, illegal battery from criminals = $2
Your face gettng blown up because you are cheap and lazy bastard = PRICELESS !!!
For a price like that, Nokia should at least make their phones blast proof!
Old October 10, 2003, 08:59   #27
Q Classic
Emperor

samsung > nokia.
Old October 10, 2003, 09:08   #28
Ljube
Emperor

Quote:

"We don't yet have any information on what is the origin of the battery in the Vietnam case," Nokia Mobile Phones spokesman Kari Tuutti said.

"[But] there hasn't been a single case of an original battery exploding anywhere in the world," he said.

Nokia has cited faulty batteries from independent electronics manufacturers for similar incidents in the past.

Nokia has said these manufacturers violated security requirements which should prevent the battery heating up after short circuiting, for instance, after the phone was dropped.
Of course, blame it on the batteries, don't try to solve the real problem, don't even look for the real cause and last but not least, increase the price.

Quote:

"The biggest issue is with counterfeit, illegal batteries," Tuutti said. "Therefore we recommend that retailers and consumers try to verify the products sold have original batteries."
Just how are we supposed to verify if the products sold to us had original batteries? Probably even Tuutti the genious wouldn't be able to do that. I wait for the day when Tuutti's Nokia explodes him in his face. Or maybe he knows of this minor Nokia issue and uses Siemens instead. I wonder what a poll among Nokia employees would show.

Quote:

Like said, if the battery is made poorly and below standards. Nokia can't do 5hit about it.
Like said, Nokia might try and produce a blast proof phone for a change.
Old October 10, 2003, 09:24   #29
reds4ever
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by VetLegion
Nokia
I'll second that, they certainly p1ss all over Motorola and Siemens syle wise
Old October 10, 2003, 10:06   #30
laurentius
King

Quote:
Originally posted by ljcvetko

Of course, blame it on the batteries, don't try to solve the real problem, don't even look for the real cause and last but not least, increase the price.

Just how are we supposed to verify if the products sold to us had original batteries? Probably even Tuutti the genious wouldn't be able to do that. I wait for the day when Tuutti's Nokia explodes him in his face. Or maybe he knows of this minor Nokia issue and uses Siemens instead. I wonder what a poll among Nokia employees would show.

Like said, Nokia might try and produce a blast proof phone for a change.
what are you? a lame troll or something?

*laurentius removes the battery of his nokia phone

Lets see, seal of quality, seal of authencity, made in japan, Nokia BL-5C 3.7V

I think this is genuine!

Hey look man, if you cant tell the difference between lameass fake battery and a real one you've got some serious eye problems. And even if you cant tell the difference it's not Nokias fault, its the reseller whos responsible.

I gues you soon expect nokias to survive a direct hit by ICBM

- Paul Valery