Old March 15, 2004, 20:18   #271
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 04:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Just saw it... see our ceasefire thread for GeoModder's messages to us.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old March 17, 2004, 08:58   #272
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 11:18
Ok I don't want to be bore but I have some concerns over the last CPU turn where they killed our schooner.

First our schooner was under the protection of a hive needlejet

Second I am not sure but I thought we were beyond their reach that turn

Third where is the destroying cruiser, doesn't it (a sea craft) ususally end its turn next to a kill.
Old March 17, 2004, 09:05   #273
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

On a different note:

Cap'n Maki has served honourably as turn play captain through the 20 horrendous years from 2141 to date and much warfare and dispute. Though we may not even survive until 2161, nevertheless we need to make provision for succession.

In short who wishes to put their name forward as the turnplayer from 2161- 2180.
Old March 17, 2004, 11:53   #274
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 05:18
And I'll chime in and say if no one wants the headache right now, I'm ahppy to continue on as well
Old March 17, 2004, 11:53   #275
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

I would offer to do it, however my copy of SMAX often crashes and the last thing we need is for more times for the CPU to grumble.

On the other note, I'm wondering if we ever had proof that the Hive dispatched that needlejet... they may not have and instead killed that CP.

Also, I do agree that it's fishy, but where exactly was the schooner? One spot away from the transport or two? If two, then we might not be picking up the killer on our radar... and whose needlejet is that sitting in front of our transport ship?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old March 17, 2004, 11:54   #276
FlameFlash
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Makahlua
And I'll chime in and say if no one wants the headache right now, I'm ahppy to continue on as well
If Maki is willing, she certainly has my vote.

Old March 17, 2004, 12:10   #277
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Here's a snap of the current situation for you:

http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...2677_mixup.jpg

Note the highlighted cruiser is CyCon, and there is both a Hive foil and cruiser nearby. Our 'Sport is hightailing it outta there
Old March 17, 2004, 13:26   #278
Hercules
Deity

No the screenshot says it was killed by a cycon impact cruiser.
Old March 17, 2004, 15:34   #279
FlameFlash
Emperor

Thanks, Maki... it would have been that impact cruiser, then, wouldn't it?

Or where would the other needed to have been to destroy our schooner?

Old March 17, 2004, 19:31   #280
Hercules
Deity

Beside it , unless it had some movements points left
Old March 17, 2004, 23:53   #281
FlameFlash
Emperor

I know that, but where beside it, in what direction? Could we just not be picking it up on our radar?

Old March 18, 2004, 00:02   #282
Makahlua
King

The Schooner was in the same square under the noodle, IIRC.
Old March 18, 2004, 00:13   #283
FlameFlash
Emperor

How could the schooner have been destroyed with the noodle still in tact then?

Old March 18, 2004, 00:32   #284
Makahlua
King

I dunno and Tass won't tell
Old March 18, 2004, 00:36   #285
Trithemius
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Data Angels
Prince

Local Time: 22:18
Quote:
The Schooner was in the same square under the noodle, IIRC.
Noodle? Does the Human Hive have Doctrine: Pasta?
Old March 18, 2004, 00:38   #286
Trithemius
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Data Angels
Prince

Local Time: 22:18
Quote:
Interesting. Is there absolutely no way of selecting targets? What is the level of Hive-Consciousness diplomatic relations?
Old March 18, 2004, 00:54   #287
FlameFlash
Emperor

Quote:
Tass, that's just foul.

Refusing to tell means that there's something fishy, to me.

Old March 18, 2004, 15:33   #288
Makahlua
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Trithemius

Noodle? Does the Human Hive have Doctrine: Pasta?
Heeheehee

I hope they got nonlinear sauce with that ^^

(Noodle=Needlejet, I picked up that from HongHuduring some earlier diplo stuff )
Old March 24, 2004, 15:36   #289
Makahlua
King

Got the turn, and yes it does still say 2159 o.O

Anyway - CP will be done in 2, but will have to wait an additional turn for pop; I'll bump it to a river square at that point for a tiny extra bit of energy. Transport is stilla few turns out - if it even gets here before the game's over

Anyone need the turn or shall I just send it on? (gonna post it around 6pm my time, that's in 4 1/2 hours.
Old March 24, 2004, 18:44   #290
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by FlameFlash

Tass, that's just foul.

Refusing to tell means that there's something fishy, to me.
Nope-- I'd say they attacked by way of artillery duel and the ship would defend with its weapon in a weapon to weapon artillery duel to the death . .. If this is the case, I would not see any reason Tass should tell you. IN battles you only get to see what the game shows you

Oh and the noodle should remain intact--probably even undamaged but I am sketchy on that point
Old April 1, 2004, 01:56   #291
Makahlua
King

The Hive has sent us MMI for drop colony pods so we can bug out faster - production was swapped to that with a loss of 8 mins, but the Drones will also be sending EC's next turn. Pop grows in 2 so with the 45 we have now, plus a bit more from the drones that will get pod off and across the strait to Bones.

Also checking it will cost 30 EC to upgrade the rovers or former with drop ablity; we might only do that to the rovers to get them across for guard/explore duty and let the last CP + formers come over in the BootyBoat. And start thinking about what we need to build at the new colony!

ETA: will be posting the turn shortly, let me know if anyone needs a mid/end save?
Old April 1, 2004, 17:30   #292
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 03:18
Are we still planning to abandon Crossbone?
Old April 2, 2004, 10:28   #293
FlameFlash
Emperor

I thought we were, might as well... there's no point in staying so close to a possibly hostile force and that way we're less likely to be used as an air-support base for our allies.