Old February 18, 2004, 16:54   #241
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 04:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
WOW

I have been inactive and not even thought about this game for a few months but Johndmuller emailed me about this ruling . .. I read this thread and I am shocked at this ruling. It simply does not make sense.

If I have it straight a faction would be forbidden from selling a command centre before making an attack as it may unbalance the random number generator ?? Does anyone have any proof that in another turn the odds might not go the other way and cause some other dice roll to occur. If selling facilities, moving in a different order etc have UNKNOWN impacts on a later battle, they are just random and therefore fully part of the game. The ruling should have been that makhula complete the turn as the faction saw fit and if that included an attack after selling the command centre well so be it.

Other comments:

1. Googlie's previous ruling was what it was-- get over it gang. I trust googlie to be impartial and am sorry he felt the need to recuse himself on this issue.

2 Tass-- you simply do not come across as impartial. Your posts do not seem to have the necessary neutrality. Even if you are and rule completely impartially, you must also have the appearance of impartiality. You don't have that appearance.

This is the first time I was in here in a while but it reminded me why I did not make staying part of this game a priority-- too much bullcrap . . .

With that I'll fade back into the real life busy role ( being a dad to a 9 month old is fabulous but tiring) . Oh and Tass you can remove me from this forum if you want although I think that such things should be herc's decision and not yours. Just my opinion
Old February 19, 2004, 06:19   #242
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 11:18
Maki I think what you are proposing is fine. Not many options left anyhow. Put Buoy Scout in Queue at Calico just in case it builds before the Borg attack.

Move the Cp on Yardarm more inland and north. Don't build the base yet. If we can get 5 mp tiles away from Calico, it will take the borg maybe 2 turnsto reach it but we need to keep an eye on the progress of our last bases.

Reduce PUT pact to treaty perhaps.

Sell the former on what was HMB.

Pop the pod, why not?

Here's an interesting thing.

After multiple reloads, when I disbanded the former I got a Fusion Planet buster. I fired it at Borg HQ. Sea levels rose 200 metres and drowned all Cycon and PUT bases. Is this a quirk?
Old February 19, 2004, 09:46   #243
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 05:18
Sadly, I didn't get that option Herc - I had to pop a pod with that crawler; however I embraced my pirate love of explosions and self destucted the former nearby ^^

Here's the end turn; I also dropped to Treaty status with PUT (as CyCon is playing for them, they don't need the inside info )

http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...dagain2156.sav
Old February 19, 2004, 10:16   #244
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

PS - will post the turn around noon CST (that's 3:45 away)
Old February 25, 2004, 22:57   #245
Makahlua
King

Lost Pamplona this turn, they are moving faster than I thought We're probably going to have to build the Yardarm colony right where the pod is now, and maybe on that isle until we can pop another to send into Hive lands.

Comments and opinions?
Old February 25, 2004, 23:11   #246
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

How close does it look.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old February 26, 2004, 00:10   #247
Makahlua
King

Pretty close. Altantis is our sole remaining base, and Cycob could be all over it next turn.
Old February 27, 2004, 15:41   #248
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Then we can't be choosers... how soon are we to founding the new base?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old February 27, 2004, 15:55   #249
Makahlua
King

I've gone ahead and plonked it down right where the CP was, and offloaded the other onto the isle neareer to the Hive for extra safety. I'll send HongHu a PM about that before I send on the turn ina bout 5 hours.

Boy this will be close
Old February 27, 2004, 16:30   #250
FlameFlash
Emperor

Very close.

Old February 27, 2004, 17:23   #251
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Good of you to stick it out, Cap'n Maki; it can't be much fun.

Are you planning to settle the CP on that island, or are you just parking it there in case the transport gets killed? Is there reason to believe that we are closely followed or just playing it safe? There's a bird that protects its young by scrambling around in misleading directions pretending it has a broken wing; I was going to say it was Mockingbirds, but I remember being dive-bombed by them just walking down the street (presumably under their nest), so they must have a more aggressive strategy.(Question: if they take out all our bases, are we eliminated even if we still have a CP active? (My guess is yes, (and I suppose that is why you planted the base on Yardarm), but I'm not terribly sure.))

You might consider changing the build at Atlantis to a Plasma garrison (3 rows) and rushing it (26 to 48 P's of E) - at least if you think that we will be able to produce it before Atlantis falls - that way, we will have prototyped it anyway, so we could build the next one for less.

Perhaps you would care to rename the various landmarks still within our territory to Borg-Offensive things.
Old February 27, 2004, 17:50   #252
Makahlua
King

If it wasn't un-piratical, I'd hug you for that support; matter of fact I'd hug all of you for sticking with this faction right now. Means a lot to me, since I was one of the ones pushing to have the Pirates in in the first place

/me clears her throat

Right, back to -business- ^^

Yes, we would be eliminated with no bases, IIRC 'Do or Die' option was selected int he rules. I'm thinking settling that isle will be necessary, and I'm hoping the Yardarm colony will give me an extra turn to move it inland so they can't unload their Marines on us directly, giving us a chance for possible counter attacks. I may prototype that at Yardarm instead; Pamplona fell a turn earlier than expected, so I'm not expecting Atlantis to hold either. I may draw out that other schooner so we at least have a fleet still.

/me goes to think of creatively PG13 things to rename ....
Old February 27, 2004, 21:35   #253
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Keep it up Maki.

You're doing fine. I tried to look at the turn earlier but couldn't find it.
Old February 27, 2004, 21:59   #254
Hercules
Deity

Maki:
Quote:
Means a lot to me, since I was one of the ones pushing to have the Pirates in in the first place
I too have a softness for the Pirates. We'll not go over the past, let's just try to survive.
Old February 28, 2004, 11:46   #255
FlameFlash
Emperor

Amen to that, Herc. Amen to that.

Old March 4, 2004, 22:39   #256
Makahlua
King

Oh, (*%*($(.

When the Borg took Atlantis last turn, the CP headed to the hive also poofed We still ahve X-Bone way on Yardarm, but now what do we do?
Old March 4, 2004, 23:34   #257
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 03:18
Tell the hive. See if they can get forces out there.
Old March 5, 2004, 00:26   #258
foolish_icarus
King

Does the hive have enough military resources to take Conshelf 57? I guess move the former and the rover into Crossbone way, complete some kind of garrison, and we'll try again
We might try looking into that truce, as well.
Old March 5, 2004, 09:14   #259
Hercules
Deity

Blast, that CP missed it by one turn. It doesn't look good.

Conshelf57 may be our only chance. We can get there in 2 turns and would need the Drones/Hive to empty the 1-3-1 unit plus probe in place. However it is a size two base. So say when the Hive or Drones kill the unit the base will shrink, I think, to a size one. Then if we invade the empty base it will disappear I think.

In our Crossbone Way it will take four turns to build anything and say we decide to build another CP we still can't get to size 2 for 5 turns. then we need a further 2 turns to move sufficiently away from Xbone way to build (another turn).

The only other DJ base (Atlantic?) is 16/17 tiles away by which time it might get to size 4, but it is further from Hive main territory.

So our priority is seeking Drone/ Hive defence of XBone (transfer some missile air units) or for the mto identify and kill the Borg transports.

Meanwhile we should move towards Conshelf57 just in case my scenario is wrong.

Lastly we need the ceasefire. But I don't think the Cycon will agree to it,
Old March 5, 2004, 16:13   #260
FlameFlash
Emperor

CEASEFIRE!

I offer my services as the CPU mediator in this endeavor. Of course, it unfortunately came too late for the colony pod... I recommend we get another one up there, quickly.

Old March 5, 2004, 16:15   #261
FlameFlash
Emperor

Many thanks, HonHu, this will be posted immediatly.

Quote:

Seeing that you are online and Makalua is not online, I'm forwarding my PM to makalua so that you may be able to post it in your forum so whoever needs to see it can see it. Thanks!
Quote:
HongHu wrote on 03-05-04 10:22:
Sorry Makalua I stuffed up and posted your PM to the public forum. I'll have to look at my save tonight but the only idea I have now is for you to persist on the last base as long as you can. We can try to take a roze base for you but the CC is in between us so it may not work, especially when now they already know I'm thinking about doing that. What they don't know, and I would like to notify you right now, is that the Hive has been planning to attack Univ on 2160. If you can persist for two more turns, situation will be changed drastically.

I will let you know more when I have a chance to consult with my more experienced teamates.

I'm attaching what I had posted in the public forum for you. Sorry again. I'm resigning from turn player position. I have made more than one serious mistakes. I will try my best to urge the Hive to do whatever it can to remedy my mistakes.

Quote:
PM from Makahlua:
Quote:
Well for whatever reason, we no longer have that CP on the ilse near you Our lone remaining base is on what we call Yardarm, back to the east (probably closer to PUT/Drone territory) It's inland from Calico, but no far enough that we won't be seeing CyCOn shortly. Any ideas?
I'm sorry that I now realize that Mead was right and I was wrong in not to kill that probe ship. I think it destroyed Peace's colony pod. What do you think? Also CC has had a reload. Are these two incident related?

I think we can take a Roze base for them. If they are prepared to occupy it. Problem is I do not think we have a chopper in range and if we use the penetrator then it cannot land? Also do they need a transport with scout to occupy it or can they use their foil to occupy it?
Quote:

Well for whatever reason, we no longer have that CP on the ilse near you Our lone remaining base is on what we call Yardarm, back to the east (probably closer to PUT/Drone territory) It's inland from Calico, but no far enough that we won't be seeing CyCOn shortly. Any ideas?

Above is everything I just got from HongHu and my response.

Old March 5, 2004, 17:06   #262
FlameFlash
Emperor

Tass, I know you're watching... (will crosspost as well) just wanting to know if the reload Maniac mentioned was legal.

Especially considering the questionable death of the colony pod when their intention was infiltrating Roze, as they've stated.

The only way I can think about it would be if they heard from Jam and changed their minds. Wanting this looked into though...

Old March 7, 2004, 01:03   #263
foolish_icarus
King

do we have a turn?
Old March 7, 2004, 02:21   #264
Makahlua
King

http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...77_end2158.sav

Here's the latest - schooner and booty boat are making a run for conshelf 57 which the hive will be clearing for us (air strike I believe) and we are in position to swoop in next turn. Build at X-Bone is a Dock Patrol, since I do not think we will be able to keep those last two crawlers long.

Doh. I forgot to send the Hive's EC back
Old March 7, 2004, 13:03   #265
Hercules
Deity

Maki Ask someone in the Hive or maybe JDMuller tabout advice re the size 2 situation.

Have the Hive infiltration on the Data Angels.If not they might not realise it is a size two base. Still there is not much else we can do. The Drones have infiltration via Governship.
Old March 8, 2004, 11:21   #266
FlameFlash
Emperor

With the ceasefire I think we should actually get a transport down there and grab those crawlers... get them up to conshelf if we are able to take it to help its development.

It'll also keep Maniac and CPU happy, they're really wanting xbone either disbanded or 'gifted' to them as it's stuck out there all by its lonesome.

And if you haven't yet, subscribe to the ceasefire thread!

Old March 8, 2004, 17:40   #267
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

I'm not sure that we can take Conshelf 57 without its going away (see my comments in this post, in the Ceasefire thread), but it still may be worth a try since we are already right there, unless someone knows better that we can definitely not succeed.

On a more mundane matter, we may want to switch production to a crawler (especially if our residual crawlers are not protected by some negotiations) - but in any case, I would recommend some other unit (for example, we could have a rover version of the Dock Police (2-1-2) or a (1-2-2) SynthDefensive for the same cost; either one IMhO would be better than the (2-1-1) we are building; an amphib might also come in handy if we are going to try disloging them from Calico). Of course, if we do have a ceasefire, we would probably want to build a crawler - 'cause if we switched to another CP right now, we would finish it too soon (and we will probably need the income anyway).

If we can negotiate the building of another (coastal) base prior to our evacuation, I think that would be a good idea (also discussed in my above-referenced comments in the ceasefire thread).
Old March 15, 2004, 18:28   #268
Hercules
Deity

Just saw Maki's screen capture. Not much to say.
Old March 15, 2004, 20:01   #269
FlameFlash
Emperor

Which screenshot, Herc?

Old March 15, 2004, 20:08   #270
Hercules
Deity

In Maki's Thread in the main forum: Excuse me etc