Old October 25, 2003, 02:44   #31
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 03:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Interestingly (well to me anyways ), Arizona does not have daylight savings time. But Navajo nation (a very large indian reservation) does have daylight savings time. Navajo nation takes up a pretty good chunk of the state of Arizona.
Old October 26, 2003, 21:33   #32
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:25
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnT
Actually, the US did do a yearlong* Daylight Savings time experiment back in the days of the Oil Shocks, I think in 1975. It was a disaster for all involved because people sure as hell didn't like sending their 7 year olds walking to school in the dark, nor did they like seeing the sun rise past 8:00am, nor were we thrilled when it set around 9:00pm.

*Or maybe just an extended DST.
In the US these are good arguments, but go to the UK and this stuff happens even with DST. I'd like to see DST kept, and changed to a 2hr jump (staggered if needs be). Seeing the sun rise at 4:30am is a complete waste. There is no need for the sun to rise before 6am IMHO. The later it sets the better.
Old October 27, 2003, 06:45   #33
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:25
Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
I'd like to see the UK on the same time zone as France so I don't have to change my watch whenever I hop the Channel for cheap booooze.
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins