Old June 22, 2004, 16:32   #61
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 04:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Maniac, one thing I like to say. I do not think we are all trying to blame CCs. It's just that after the private forums are opened people come to your forums and read your posts and present their comments. You could do the same thing to the Hive forums too. Actually Kody and I were disppointed that we didn't receive so much comment from you guys. I think the only reason is that the Hive forum is not opened as early as the CC forum, and perhaps there are too many posts for people to go through too. So don't feel all fires are focused on you guys. I am actually very eager to see what comment others have toward various individual incidents.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 22, 2004, 19:00   #62
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 12:31
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Maniac, one thing I like to say. I do not think we are all trying to blame CCs.
The impression I get from Herc and Flubber's posts is not that they are seeking facts or truth, whatever that may be, but rather that they only seek out the elements that confirm their already existing prejudices on CC.

Quote:
You could do the same thing to the Hive forums too. Actually Kody and I were disppointed that we didn't receive so much comment from you guys.
I don't see the point. In a vast majority of discussions both sides cling so hard to their own version of the truth that the only result of the discussion is a widening of the already existing gap. Just visit off-topic to see this phenomenon in action. And in many other discussions the reasons why people hold or defend a view are not the reasons why people claim to hold that view (eg the Planetary Council session this ACDG). So there too a discussion is already a priori pointless.
Old June 22, 2004, 23:55   #63
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 20:31
On behalf of the Peace and the Hive I deny all allegations that there are or were anti-cycon sentiment.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	artbox5.gif
Views:	32
Size:	8.6 KB
ID:	76434  
Old June 23, 2004, 07:05   #64
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

CyCon never thought Hive citizens were not free to do as they please!!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	artboxkody.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	76457  

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 23, 2004, 07:09   #65
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

In breaking news Kody accuses Geomodder of not compressing his files with gif or jpeg.

Geomodder, that's kindof funny because I've used it in the debating for nervestapling. If you're interested see the old hive versus cycon debating thread, there's a link for it in the ACDG introduction I'm writing.
Old June 23, 2004, 07:19   #66
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

What are you talking about? It's a nice and cosy jpeg file upthere...

And thanks, I'll check that thread. If I had seen it earlier I probably would have used a more... appropriated... pic...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old June 23, 2004, 08:47   #67
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac

The impression I get from Herc and Flubber's posts is not that they are seeking facts or truth, whatever that may be, but rather that they only seek out the elements that confirm their already existing prejudices on CC.

Not the case with me but when visiting a cycon thread where the cycon viewpoint appears, I read it and then present what PEACE was thinking at the time

There is no divergence of opinion really . .. we were opponnets in a game and opponents sometimes attack each other.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything really. Its just when I see a thread documenting how evil we are, it seems appropriate to chime in that we were thinking x or y

Honghu-- I haven't gotten to the Hive threads yet-- and there just seem to be too many spamfests to work through
Old June 23, 2004, 10:07   #68
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

We deliberately did that to confuse our enemies Flubber.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 23, 2004, 10:36   #69
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 03:31
and confuse the very Gods themselves .......
Old June 23, 2004, 10:54   #70
Kody
Emperor

Only because you were too busy holding your side laughing.
Old June 23, 2004, 10:54   #71
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
I find it funny how you and Hercules constantly downplay your own lies and attitude and blow up the CyCon lies. Is it so hard to admit to yourself that both sides have responsibility in the affair and that you aren't entirely innocent, instead of throwing ALL the blame at the CyCon's feet?
No no, Maniac! PEACE was not so much to blame, by the looks of it. JDM is the guy we should be hunting down and performing human-mindworm hybridisation tests on.

If he was roleplaying he royally screwed it up and doomed both our factions. But it looks to me like he just wanted to be a c*ck.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old June 23, 2004, 15:53   #72
Snowflake
Princess

Also remember this was the first time we ever played a team SMAC game. We were young and inexperienced. Many of us did not know what it the most appropriate level of doing everything.

Grapefruit Garden
Old June 23, 2004, 16:18   #73
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Many of us still don't.
Old June 23, 2004, 21:12   #74
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 11:31
Quote:
No no, Maniac! PEACE was not so much to blame, by the looks of it. JDM is the guy we should be
hunting down and performing human-mindworm hybridisation tests on.

If he was roleplaying he royally screwed it up and doomed both our factions. But it looks to me like
he just wanted to be a c*ck.
Hey MWIA ease up.

There was an diplomatic context for the communication which was simply frustration on Peace's part about the Cycon response to our proposals.

Also as background. At that time as many regular posters to the ACDG 11 would have known, I had difficulty posting and editing and attaching turns here at 'poly and at CGN. This was the jokey background context to the 'hacker ' and 'virus' comments.
Old June 24, 2004, 00:02   #75
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:31

So was that supposed to be obvious? Rather than explaining anything, the message I read just seemed to be nothing but abusive. The benefit of the doubt was given for a reply, but with no further clarification it seemed that what was sent was policy.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old June 24, 2004, 02:05   #76
GeoModder
Deity

Mmm, the tone of JDM's following mail was completely different, MWIA.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario