Old October 14, 2003, 19:17   #31
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 03:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I have now heard back from those I have exchanged e-mails with, and am satsified that there is sufficient level of trust in my CMN role for me to continue

Thus I will remain as your CMN

So - it's been 15 hours since the Hive's turn was posted - where the ^%>*# is it?

GGLIE
Old October 14, 2003, 19:25   #32
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 10:33

*And the people, they did shout, "Googlie". And he came from above. And all was good with the world.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old October 14, 2003, 19:25   #33
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 05:33
Hoorah!! Hooray!! Huzzah!! GOOGLIE'S STAYING!!!

Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old October 14, 2003, 19:35   #34
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 20:33
It's good to hear that you're staying Googlie.

Heh well just got told diplomancy finished haven't read all the stuff.

Also think people can wait an extra hour and a half as the hive is having a themed year.
Old October 14, 2003, 19:39   #35
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Quote:
Can you really tell *that* much from a powergraph?
Nope I can see who's posting to their private forums, and when. Can't read what you guys actually post, but I can extrapolate.
Old October 14, 2003, 19:49   #36
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Dammit your good

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old October 14, 2003, 19:50   #37
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

One word: Yay!
Old October 14, 2003, 19:53   #38
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

I received the good news a bit late. Yay!

Quote:
Laudate Googlium meum
corde voto Deo toto

Psallam Patrem nostrum
quamdiu fuero

Laudate Googlium meum
corde voto Deo toto

Pax in nomine Googlini
Googlius tecum

Ecce vos omnes felicis
Coelestria, terrestria,
Mundum replens laetitia,
Rex omnipotens.

Gloria Googlie, Da pacem.
Gloria Googlie, Da pacem.
Sicut erat in principio, et nunc
et semper, et in saecula saeculorum
Magnificat anima mea Pacem.

Last edited by Voltaire; October 14, 2003 at 19:58.
Old October 14, 2003, 22:08   #39
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 21:33
Old October 14, 2003, 23:15   #40
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 04:33
Yay! Glory to GooglieGod!

Umm... What does CMN stand for, anyway?
Old October 14, 2003, 23:32   #41
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

C = Creator (of the map, AI strengths, etc etc)

M = Moderator (rules on procedures and settles disputes re playing conditions, etc)

N = Narrator (generally fills in background, might write a history of current events - I started "The View From Above" but realized that the game had to get more involved before I could provide that "from space" view without giving faction secrets away - it'll be resumed soon)
Old October 15, 2003, 07:25   #42
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Um, don't go Googlie...

...oh you didn't.

I missed that one I guess

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old October 15, 2003, 14:50   #43
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old October 15, 2003, 15:03   #44
Googlie
Emperor

As it is now common knowledge that my gripe was with some PEACE faction members (and theirs with me) let me put the record straight that there is on my part - and I trust on their part - no residual animosity from this series of events.

No-one should think worse of PEACE for challenging my ruling in this instance.

And I concede that I may have over re-acted in my resignation of yesterday. (but at least it generated traffic for this general forum, so there's an upside to everything!!)

The issue of the disputed ruling has been aired and discussed elsewhere, and the issue of two-way trust between me and the PEACE faction members has perhaps even been strengthened by this.

So to Hercules, Flubber, johndmuller et al thank you for your comments and opinions - however strongly they may have been worded - and for promised future co-operation.

I, on my part, will strive vigorously to maintain absolute impartiality among factions (and in the past I allow there may have been posts that could not be placed in the general forum without embarassment) - and that will be my yardstick. Although a post, hint, suggestion as to gameplay might appear in a private forum it should never be one that I could not place in the general one (but couldn't do as it would divulge faction-specific information)

Game on

Googlie
Old October 15, 2003, 15:30   #45
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Thank you googlie

I am happy to see you acknowledge your role in all this. I was a bit hamstrung yesterday since my greatest wish was to have you continue as CMN .

Also you are so revered by some that its difficult to mention anywhere you may have gone wrong without being executed by the more fanatical believers.

I read all the posts in the PEACE forum and I think it is sufficient to say that Googlie is a darn good CMN, in fact the best I know, but he is a human and therefore fallible. Mistakes were made by BOTH parties and it escalated out to here. The matter has now been resolved.

Please return to your normal programming.
Old October 15, 2003, 17:38   #46
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 11:33
"hear, all ye good people, hear what these brilliant and eloquent speakers have to say!" or hear hear
Old October 16, 2003, 02:53   #47
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 21:33
Padlocked by CMN request.