Old October 16, 2003, 19:07   #31
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 02:34
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
I want to command the South-East Front to lead our march on the Old City.
Old October 16, 2003, 20:36   #32
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 06:34
Here's a map of Israel at the UN Partition. These are the current boundaries, not the ones Azazel posted.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1947 - un partition plan.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	55157  
Old October 16, 2003, 20:37   #33
EmuGod
Prince

BTW, this map is from Insurgent's Under Seige scenario.
Old October 16, 2003, 20:42   #34
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

OK Emu and the point is?
Old October 16, 2003, 22:04   #35
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 07:34
I don't know but this politico is loco if he thinks I'm going respect the dirty UN.

Old October 17, 2003, 01:02   #36
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 10:34
True, but Azazel's map is bigger, and more clearly marks where he at least wants to attack. I think we all realized it was a present day map, but the political borders was not the point of the map. It was the colors that showed where we should end up. Nevertheless, I think your map currently shows the military predicamate the UN put us on. I mean Jerusalem is how far into Arab territory?

Anyway, it's not like the Arabs are going to respect the U.N. as well.
Old October 17, 2003, 16:15   #37
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 13:34
actually, those aren't the current borders, as well. For example, Tiberias is palestinian. This is the UN DECISION, not the things on the ground.
Old October 17, 2003, 16:21   #38
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

OK Im confused here ( not a hard thing to do i know! )

What does the Un have to do with anything in game terms?

We should be pounding those Palestinian cities unmercifully tryoing to hook up our cities before the Brits leave correct? Around turn 7?

Am I missing something here or are we getting on a real life track vice a good strategy in the game track, AGAIN?i
Old October 17, 2003, 17:35   #39
PinkyGen
Prince

Ok, so things on the ground don't even match what the U.N. says.

I'm with conmcb25, while we may role-play to try to include the UN, the UN should not affect how military operations are actually conducted.

Additionally, El, a reminder, inform me when you have the fronts organized so I can get this show on the road.
Old October 17, 2003, 18:03   #40
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 05:34
Quote:
If you need to exceed them, you need a good reason, and you need to plead your case to the Knesset for vote.

And with an 80% vote needed, the probability of that happening is slim to none.
Especially since I hold the Harmony seat.

I support exceeding the UN terms if we are to give the Palestinians an offer to join Israel. Much less messier and more efficient than outright conquest.

Secondly, with these limited objectives, bribery will not exceed the intentions of the scenario designers.
Old October 17, 2003, 18:06   #41
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
Secondly, with these limited objectives, bribery will not exceed the intentions of the scenario designers.
Your not serious are you?
Old October 17, 2003, 18:55   #42
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:

Especially since I hold the Harmony seat.
It's 80% of the cabinet, not the knesset. You only get a vote if you become President. This is not law, or anything like that, just the governments policy that will change if the coalition decides to change.

Quote:
I support exceeding the UN terms if we are to give the Palestinians an offer to join Israel. Much less messier and more efficient than outright conquest.
And for precisely these reasons the scenario designer has asked all players not to use it. The scenario also allows us to buy unlimited weapons even if our treasury is at 0, but that does not mean we should do.

Quote:

Huh? He said don't bribe. I think we all already messing with the intentions by contemplating at least bribing one.

I think it's all good we forget about the map Emu posted, it's just confusing the issue. We know what starts as ours, and what starts as not ours. We have already indicated what we want to take that was not initially ours. If we capture these objectives, then it seems to me common sense that we expand the objective list. If such a situation arises where we capture all the objectives, and the cabinet does not agree to expand the list does not expand, I would be most upset.
Old October 17, 2003, 20:39   #43
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 05:34
Quote:
Huh? He said don't bribe. I think we all already messing with the intentions by contemplating at least bribing one.
Then why have a spy unit like the Mossad if he just sits there? I don't think it unbalances the game that much, especially if we don't use the military forces.

Are we going to make this a formal rule not to bribe at all?

Quote:
The scenario also allows us to buy unlimited weapons even if our treasury is at 0, but that does not mean we should do.
No, that's obviously unbalancing.

Odd. Used to be the policy of only expanding through bribery was too harsh, now it seems too lenient.
Old October 17, 2003, 21:00   #44
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:

Then why have a spy unit like the Mossad if he just sits there? I don't think it unbalances the game that much, especially if we don't use the military forces.

Are we going to make this a formal rule not to bribe at all?
He suggets using it for sabatoge and espionage. I think they could be useful in stealing technology and scouting out a cities defenses, less for sabatoge missions.

As for a formal rule, that's what the other thread is for, to see if people want it or not. I may post a poll. It will be the policy of this government to either not incite revolts, or to minimally incite revolts at a rate of one turn. I haven't made up my mind, and if there is an actual law passed banning it, then obviously then this government will not incite revolts.

Quote:

Odd. Used to be the policy of only expanding through bribery was too harsh, now it seems too lenient.
It's deemed as possibly destabilizing, though I'm not sure if we could even have the cashflow necessary to sustain a bribing campaign. Perhaps later in the game, when more money is coming in, is bribery much more potent. The reason I care about this point is that I don't want people to view this game as invalid because we overrode the designer's House Rule.

Anyway, we should probably move this over to the Mossad thread anyway.
Old October 17, 2003, 21:11   #45
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Ya and I say post a poll.

Being the self righteous SOB that I am.

Old October 18, 2003, 00:55   #46
Dr. Nick
Deity

Yep, just logging on ten minutes, I should have it sorted by Sunday.

Working and studying is a fuc*ing bit*ch.

*falls asleep at keyboard*
Old October 18, 2003, 02:17   #47
PinkyGen
Prince

I sympathsize, I have two papers this weekend as well.
Old October 18, 2003, 23:19   #48
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

EL, wake up!

Do we have front commanders selected?

Can we start.

The Cheif of Staff can sleep AFTER the war!
Old October 19, 2003, 00:48   #49
PinkyGen
Prince

He said he'll have it sorted by Sunday, and I assume 12:48 AM Sunday morning wasn't what he meant.
Old October 19, 2003, 01:20   #50
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

What the heck is the matter with this Cheif of Staff you choose, all he does is work, go to school and sleep. Sounds pretty normal, I wanted an ANIMAL!

Sorry EL but I have to give you the business. Sweet dreams!
Old October 19, 2003, 02:54   #51
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
I wanted an ANIMAL!
Is that why you have the monkey?
Old October 19, 2003, 09:05   #52
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen

Is that why you have the monkey?
No its because Im a monkey!

CIV3 PTWDGII

It has been a lot of fun thus far and lets just say the company has been very intelligent. A very refreshing change...................
Old October 19, 2003, 09:47   #53
Dr. Nick
Deity

Northern Front: General Mikhoels (yaroslav)
Home Front: General Sadeh (Azazel)
South East Front: General Berg (POTUS)
Sinai Front: General Unknown (FiGu)

Ok, I've assigned fronts... Sadeh and FiGu didn't put forward any special requests so I drew out of a hat for their fronts, and this is how it is. You have your OOBs and cities under command in the first post in this thread.
Old October 19, 2003, 15:49   #54
EmuGod
Prince

The map was meant to show what the situation was going to be like when Israel is supposed to become a country and some idea of the task at hand, not some controversy about whether or not to respect these borders. Besides, I thought it looked nice.
Old October 19, 2003, 16:31   #55
PinkyGen
Prince

El Awerence, I think you maybe forgot to assign Ein Gev?
Old October 31, 2003, 14:40   #56
Dr. Nick
Deity

Report of the Chief of Staff, November 1947

To: Defence Minister
CC: Economic Minister

Citing large quantities of funds in the treasure that has been brought about from the donations of Jews around the world supporting our cause, I submit this paper requesting that the following units must be built with urgency for the defence of our God mandated lands. I commend the strenous jobs of our Ministers, and remind them of the need for urgency: our underequipped, ill supplied soldiers are dying for the blessed lands, and it is our job to make their duties at the front as light as possible. I urge you to employ our treasure for the construction of these divisions, many young men remain in their barracks unarmed, though they be keen to fight the infidel Arab who seeks to destroy us.

FOR THE Northern Front:
HAGANAH in Metullah, Kajer Szold, Mishmar Yarden. Rushbuilt soon, please.
WWI ARTILLERY in Nahariyyah, Yehi'am, Haifa

FOR THE Judean Front:
HAGANAH in Degania, Gesher, Beth-Shean, EIN GEV (placing this city under the Judean Front command).
WWI ARTILLERY in Haderah, Netanyah, Petach Tikva

FOR THE South East Front:
WWI ARTILLERY in West Jerusalem (not urgent, but I would very much appreciate it).
HAGANAH in Kfar Etzion, Sedom

FOR THE Sinai Front:
WWI ARTILLERY in Tel Aviv, Ashdod, Gevaram, Eilat
HAGANAH in Tekumah, Nevatim, Revivim,

May God lead us unto the green pastures,

Field Marshal Goldmann

Dispatches of the General Staff: EIN GEV has been assigned to the Judean Front. The Field Marshal will manage the defence this month, as from next month, the commander of the Judean Front shall dispatch his subordinates.
Old October 31, 2003, 14:50   #57
PinkyGen
Prince

Glad to see Ein Gev assigned, sorry for not seeing this before posting on the turn thread.
Old October 31, 2003, 17:35   #58
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:34
Report/Letter of Moshe Mikhoels to Chief of Staff,

Dear Chief os state,
I ask you to build machineguns instead of other units, as they defend better. I also ask you to ask for some anti-air units to defend my front.

Trust Israel! Defend the Golan!

EDITED: State for staff.

Last edited by yaroslav; October 31, 2003 at 18:05.
Old October 31, 2003, 17:41   #59
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

**whispers into Yaro's ear**

Yaro its Cheif of STAFF

Dont worry I wont tell anyone

**Quits whispering**
Old October 31, 2003, 18:07   #60
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 11:34
Ohhh, I exposed our secret 'coup d'etat'. Run away, Chief of Staff, Run away!

Sorry for the typo