Old October 15, 2003, 12:47   #1
phsycho
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 11:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
WOW ... i found a living AC community!!!
unbelievable !!! just wonderful !!! this saves my next few years !!!
IT IS THE F****** GREATEST MP GAME EVER !!!!
REYNOLDS+SID FOR WORLD-PRESIDENTS!

i played AC since the first warez release ... bought it since it was in stores!
Last year i bought the AC+AC multipack ... IT WAS THE LAST !! i know this because i bought the german edition and wanted the english too. But not one gamestore could order it!

since today i have not played a single SINGLE-player match )
we were always at least 2 people playing in LAN
i played probably over 40 mp matches
but my last game was last year!!

so ... now i have a few questions about this community:
i am strongly (no... even more) interested in playing AC multiplayer with as much people as possible! (all my local ac buddies are covered with uni-work at the moment)

i would like to know what the prefered game and mp-modes are and how long a game usually takes with apoloyton-proofessionals

and any other ac related useful information are very welcome!

thanks in advance
phsycho

Last edited by phsycho; October 15, 2003 at 13:17.
Old October 15, 2003, 14:48   #2
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Local Time: 11:36
Normal game limits are 4-5 people, less means it normally becomes a 2v1 and when theres too many IP lags and PBEM takes ages.

IP games you just have to shout out for a few players, and a time gets arranged to meet over the boards. Gradually you'll build up a contact list of players who like ip games on msn or icq and you can then use that. They normally get finished within an evening or 2 (be prepared to spend 3-4hrs atleast in front of the comp)
PBEM games are what most of this board is used for, players like to keep turns to a speedy regular basis normally a turn every day or two (though it can vary alot depending on the players involved) These last a LONG time, 1/2 to a year atleast with a few players so a warning that you will need patience for these, but they are nice when you get involved in a couple to just spend 30mins whenever you like through the day to take your turn.

Lastly theres some great strat guides and stuff to further the skills of even an experienced player floating about on these boards and at CGN.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old October 15, 2003, 19:50   #3
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 06:36
Re: WOW ... i found a living AC community!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by phsycho
unbelievable !!! just wonderful !!! this saves my next few years !!!
IT IS THE F****** GREATEST MP GAME EVER !!!!
REYNOLDS+SID FOR WORLD-PRESIDENTS!

i would like to know what the prefered game and mp-modes are and how long a game usually takes with apoloyton-proofessionals

and any other ac related useful information are very welcome!

thanks in advance
phsycho
Heah phsycho,

glad you like the game as much as we do. btw another good SMAC(X) site to register at is CGN , which has The SMAC Academy , which will help you ramp up quickly as far as your multiplayer capabilities are concerned.
As far as timeframes for games are concerned: some of my games are two years old now, while others (such as Head to Heads, or "H2H's " ) last less than a month.
FYI and good luck in the wonderful world of SMAC(X) PBEM!

D