Closed Thread

Old October 21, 2004, 09:05   #421
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:40
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I APOLOGIZE

Let me explain. Last thursday I had planned to take the save home, play it and send it off friday around noon. But then a little technical problem came up: I could not download attachments in these computers (office network super-duper-Nazi-like-security). I tried sending the same message to hotmail but I never got it.

Then friday I was no-where near the office. Weekend even less. Monday to wednesday I had to be around town buying stuff for the house.

During all this time I've been waiting for my modem to arrive but these super-efficient Swiss apparently don't care about customer service at all and plan on sending it whenever it f***ing suits them to.

So, I still have no internet. I thought it would take 2 weeks at the most to get it and now it's getting nearer to two months. Goddamn petit pays de la merde!

Now that I've found a work-around, I can play from now on (I can actually foward it to my mom's office addy which is free from the firewall).

Sorry about this. But blame Switzerland, not me.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old October 21, 2004, 10:57   #422
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 06:40
I know what merde means

One of my favorite French words
Old October 21, 2004, 12:08   #423
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:40
Vive la Swiss ! ..errr, or was it the other way round?
Merde!

Edit: btw, if you are on the french side of Switzerland, that explains everything
--Woody Allen
Old October 22, 2004, 11:50   #424
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 03:40

RP?
Old October 22, 2004, 12:56   #425
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

MZ we accept your apology, well at least I do. Glad you are back in the action.
Old October 22, 2004, 21:22   #426
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 22:40
Huh? So was this sent on to us?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 22, 2004, 23:52   #427
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:40
To Vox
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old October 25, 2004, 19:58   #428
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 11:40
Quote:
Originally posted by DeepO
Sorry for the delay... but it was for a good cause. I guess everyone knew this was coming:

Gathering Storm officially declares war to Legoland in 1250 AD

Nothing personal, of course, but it's the only option that remained open to us. We grew tired of being the fourth (minor) world power, when #1 stays out of trouble, leaving ample time to strengthen even farther. Let's see if we can wreak some havoc on those nice fertile meadows

Battle reports are coming. Allow us some time to review them, and let the team okay them... you should receive them well before playing your turn.

Good luck, Legoland!

Save to ND.
DeepO
Battle reports? On this very turn?

I thought we would first receive our one-turn lux deal cancellation notice! Only after we'd adjust our tidy fine-tuned cities to account for the loss of your luxury, then the war was supposed to happily commence...

Bring it on, Lego is not afraid!
Old October 25, 2004, 20:22   #429
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Vondrack, the positive war weariness you received should have offsetted any lux you were receiving from us. None of your cities will be affected. As long as you don't start losing cities, you should be okay.

So yes. Battle Reports

DeepO
Old October 25, 2004, 20:51   #430
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Ahhhh, we'll be okay then.

I was just kidding anyway. We knew you'd do it this way, everybody sane would. We're not going to sue you, don't worry.

BTW... you should really get some sleep - just like I should get some...
Old October 26, 2004, 06:18   #431
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by vondrack
BTW... you should really get some sleep - just like I should get some...

I thought the same thing 5 minutes earlier, and at time of you posting this was happily in bed Those wars... keep you awake half the night...

DeepO
Old October 26, 2004, 11:44   #432
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Only half!!!!
Old October 27, 2004, 09:00   #433
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Guess what? I have internet at home FINALLY

and I have the save... I'll play it sometime this afternoon/night (gotta get the hang of it again... )

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old October 27, 2004, 16:45   #434
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Legoland: FYI, my email address has changed. Please send the saves to me at:

mishrob //AT// sbcglobal //DOT// net

Thanks,

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old October 27, 2004, 17:00   #435
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

K
Old October 27, 2004, 18:30   #436
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 05:40
Ah, another sbcglobal customer I just got their services a few weeks ago...
Old October 28, 2004, 08:51   #437
Master Zen
Deity

Hmm....

The e-mail with the save to Togas bounced back (though not to Arnelos)

I don't have my old address book so I don't know if that e-mail doesn't work anymore. Checking on MZO I see that it is yahoo, not hotmail....

... RESENT

Old October 28, 2004, 09:50   #438
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Yo MZ. Ping me the save as well, when you can.

ME @ gmail.com

Old October 28, 2004, 10:39   #439
Master Zen
Deity

sent

I'll be sending the save to you from now on also. I don't have BF's addy I used to send it to him also so if anyone has it, post it here please.

Old October 28, 2004, 11:13   #440
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

bigfree1@SPAMJOYJOYJOYcomcast.net

Old October 29, 2004, 00:53   #441
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:40
to Vox
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old October 29, 2004, 01:57   #442
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Ah - and checking the Save game thread I was just about to regret the save would not arrive today! Great news... I guess I have about an hour before Rhoth sends it on.

Old October 29, 2004, 02:45   #443
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
1250ad to Vondrack, ZargonX, and Kloreep of Lego
We have the save, but because of the circumstances, we are going to use full 24 hours for this turn. We will not forward the save earlier than tomorrow morning my time (like 8am GMT).
Old October 29, 2004, 09:27   #444
DeepO
Emperor

Vondrack, that needed no explanation or apology. We posted the battle reports early, so you could prepare a little... but of course you will still need more time. I can tell you now that we'll need more time as well. We try to prepare things and anticipate situations, but in the end, it will depend on your battle reports too. There is no option to give these to us sooner, so we will certainly go over the 24h limit.

So take the time you need, and apologies beforehand if we take longer for a turn then normal.

DeepO
Old November 2, 2004, 16:12   #445
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Please, MZ, not again!
--Woody Allen
Old November 2, 2004, 16:19   #446
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

I am already looking forward to MZ's new Swiss-internet or Swiss-chick story.

C'mon, man, be merciful - can't you imagine how anxious we are to get the save this time?
Old November 3, 2004, 07:21   #447
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Last time I checked, Switzerland had an excellent internet infrastructure. Unless you have your domicile on some lonely Alps peak, that is, in which case you still could use the alphorn to communicate. So it's no valid excuse.
Old November 3, 2004, 08:39   #448
Master Zen
Deity

I sent it since yesterday

Old November 3, 2004, 09:13   #449
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Which has however nothing to do with your habit to blame your delays on the swiss internet connection.
Old November 3, 2004, 15:00   #450
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
Which has however nothing to do with your habit to blame your delays on the swiss internet connection.
who says I'm blaming it?

Closed Thread