Closed Thread

Old November 28, 2004, 10:39   #481
zerialienguru
PtWDG Neu DemogypticaC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Local Time: 11:40
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Maybe they work on a plan to destroy an other team.
That needs time
Old November 28, 2004, 13:05   #482
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:40
What is too much, is too much.

Couldn't Trip play RP's turn? Please??
--Woody Allen
Old November 28, 2004, 15:17   #483
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:40
/me can gladly play their turn...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old November 29, 2004, 04:56   #484
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Togas PMed with a request to play the save. Message tracking says he was last online on Saturday, Nov 27.
Old November 29, 2004, 07:20   #485
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I PMed him also at MZO about 2 days ago since he hangs out over more more than here... but he hasn't been online there either, neither has Arnleos.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old November 29, 2004, 17:09   #486
zerialienguru
PtWDG Neu DemogypticaC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Warlord

Boring
Old November 29, 2004, 17:46   #487
Master Zen
Deity

I have an idea. Let's start the game all over again WITHOUT Roleplay!

(and Lux...)

(and Lego and GS and Vox and ND....)

Old November 29, 2004, 17:51   #488
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Couldn't we somehow skip their turn? We are waiting for almost one week wihout any good reason, and this is not the first time
--Woody Allen
Old November 29, 2004, 18:14   #489
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 06:40
If RP doesn't play the turn within 24 hours of this point (3:14 Mountain time ) then I will skip through their turn.

I will need it sent to me by GOW, of course...
Old November 29, 2004, 18:27   #490
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 21:40
What about Bigfree or WIA or a dozen other ex-roleplayers.

Their turn cant be too hard to play.
Old November 29, 2004, 18:28   #491
Master Zen
Deity

Save resent to RP and to Trip

Old November 29, 2004, 18:46   #492
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot_Enamel
What about Bigfree or WIA or a dozen other ex-roleplayers.

Their turn cant be too hard to play.
This sounds like a very good idea - both BF and MWIA have ben active in the ISDG forum very recently.
Old November 29, 2004, 19:11   #493
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:40
As posted in another thread, I have found the source of the problem.

My spam filter was sending the emails to bulk. No have no freakin' idea why, as I've been recieving this save for years now and never had this problem. :/

ANYHOW, I told the filter to accept the emails, found the save and transfered it to my inbox, and will play it this evening when I get home from work.

In the future, should this happen again (I hope it does not), toss me a PM or email or whatnot and I'll get to the bottom of things.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old November 30, 2004, 10:40   #494
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

[q] email[/]

Eugh, send you an mail about the fact the they've you send you a mail.
That's how spam started in the first place.
Old November 30, 2004, 16:42   #495
Master Zen
Deity

Old December 1, 2004, 07:46   #496
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Guys, bad news here.

The save seems to be sick again. Simply loading the save we received from Vox and hitting the end-turn button crashes the game to desktop.

Crashes on my machine, crashes on Kloreep's machine, so it's probably not machine-dependent. I tried this and that during the diplo phase (GS, would you stop sending those unaccepted peace proposals, please? ), but no luck. Whatever I do, ending the turn crashes the game.

I will try few more things, but I am not holding my breath. Can everybody check their trades, please? Peace treaties? Anything unusual?
Old December 1, 2004, 08:05   #497
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

We haven't done anything in the active diplo screen for several turns now, just to avoid crashes. And no, we haven't send you any peace proposals either, accepted or unaccepted

There is one strange thing which might have an influence, maybe this is part of the problem. One of our deals was supposed to end last turn, and it didn't. But as said, we haven't entered the active deal screen to check on it...

I surely hope this can be checked, edited, or somehow corrected without us going back a turn... otherwise we'll have to wait another 2 weeks

Just an idea: can this be diplomacy related? We're experiencing problems for a while now. In that case, could it be related to the problems of the ISDG, and could gramphos help, perhaps?

DeepO
Old December 1, 2004, 08:16   #498
Master Zen
Deity

Well, regarding GoW, this turn when I checked the F4 screen for the details on certain treaties, it crashed. Yeah, I know this is the infamous diplo bug but the strange thing is that we didn't have it before.

Also, before the war started we would have some rather wierd trades in the F4 screen (like Iron to Lego IIRC) which of course did not appear in the F2 screen.

Whatever the case, I think we should just skip Lego's turn and play from there...

Old December 1, 2004, 08:17   #499
Master Zen
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DeepO
There is one strange thing which might have an influence, maybe this is part of the problem. One of our deals was supposed to end last turn, and it didn't. But as said, we haven't entered the active deal screen to check on it...
Well from my (former) PBEM experience this was not something odd. Certain trades would automatically re-negotiate and others wouldn't and it seems that the option in the preferences screen had little to do with all this.

Old December 1, 2004, 08:42   #500
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Master Zen
Well from my (former) PBEM experience this was not something odd. Certain trades would automatically re-negotiate and others wouldn't and it seems that the option in the preferences screen had little to do with all this.
Maybe PBEM is different, I'm not so experienced in this. But the deal I'm talking about is not a renegotiable one. It had a fixed expiration date.

DeepO
Old December 1, 2004, 08:44   #501
DeepO
Emperor

Quote:
Whatever the case, I think we should just skip Lego's turn and play from there...
While I like the idea, the sad thing is they tried it already

DeepO
Old December 1, 2004, 08:46   #502
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DeepO
We haven't done anything in the active diplo screen for several turns now, just to avoid crashes. And no, we haven't send you any peace proposals either, accepted or unaccepted
Well, loading the 1265AD save received from Vox, the first thing I had to respond to was an unaccepted peace offer from GS. Of course I immmediately knew you were giving the war up already, but I thought 'no way, either they send that peace accepted or we will show them - we are holding them by the throat now!'

Kidding. About what I was thinking, I mean. The peace proposal was there. Honest. Trip can attest (the save is available from the last Lego Chronicle entry, Trip).

And it was not the first time - happened at least once before this turn (during the war). I will check what turns we received this offer from you.
Old December 1, 2004, 08:47   #503
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Also, before the war started we would have some rather wierd trades in the F4 screen (like Iron to Lego IIRC) which of course did not appear in the F2 screen.
This was actually our dyes for your luxury (forgot what exactly it was) deal. It was just showing incorrectly in the F4 trade detail screen. We had it displayed wrong, too.
Old December 1, 2004, 09:15   #504
DeepO
Emperor

Peace treaties: I'm not perfectly sure, but didn't something similar happen to us in the Bobian war, with ND sending us peace each turn? It could be an artifact from checking on you: you need to offer peace momentarily to see certain things.

Before you accept peace, please send me a PM. I don't want to give you any ideas

DeepO
Old December 1, 2004, 11:02   #505
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

I had that happen in the PTWDGII - I played the turn for Cake or Death and checked on Monkey's tech status. That required that I go into the diplo screen and click on a peace treaty. I canceled it out and sent the save on... only to receive a PM from a member of Monkey asking if our peace offer was for real. Doh. I'm positive I cancelled it out, but the game apparently doesn't accept that.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old December 1, 2004, 11:06   #506
DeepO
Emperor

well, sometimes it does accept that, I'm sure. Vox and GoW must have checked on us in those wars as well, but we never got any messages from them

DeepO
Old December 1, 2004, 11:37   #507
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

This thread is over 500, so please continue discussion here:

http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...hreadid=126116
Closed Thread