Closed Thread

Old November 5, 2003, 17:06   #61
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:39
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I think RP cities are just so damn corrupt the game doesn't even let you look at them!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old November 5, 2003, 17:06   #62
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 03:39
Upon the game loading up I choose:

MultiPlayer--> Play by email--> go to "Game Mode" and choose "load game"---> choose current save sent to us by GoW---> set turn timer to "none"---> enter password and play.
Old November 5, 2003, 17:15   #63
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 11:39
I guess if this fixes it, let's use it. Few shields more or less...

But, BF, be sure to check that all the settings are as they are supposed to be. The MP load has a nasty habit of messing with things, applying whatever you have set in your load screen.
Old November 5, 2003, 17:17   #64
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 06:39
Quote:
But, BF, be sure to check that all the settings are as they are supposed to be. The MP load has a nasty habit of messing with things, applying whatever you have set in your load screen.
Note to self: remember this when playing turns for CoD in the PTWDemoII. I think at one point I had heard this, but subsequently forgot it. Thanks for the reminder.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old November 5, 2003, 20:37   #65
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

I have played and sent it along to Beta and Roth. Lets hope that this works.
Old November 11, 2003, 16:10   #66
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:39
Using BigFree's method to load games (using multiplayer, etc), I have loaded and loaded the current save (330ad) and it continues to crash when selecting certain cities.

I am going to consult with BigFree when he gets back online and see if he can figure this out.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old November 11, 2003, 17:01   #67
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 12:39
Oh crap Don't you just love how well PtW works ?

Btw, are they (the crach causing cities) by any chance the gifted cities? 'Cause the solution is simple: STOP GIFTING CITIES!
--Woody Allen
Old November 11, 2003, 19:05   #68
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Crap.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old November 11, 2003, 21:00   #69
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 05:39
sigh

Old November 11, 2003, 22:42   #70
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I have a bad suspicion that this game will never see the finish line.
Aggie
Old November 11, 2003, 23:34   #71
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 21:39
I have never used the feature, but isn't there a "scroll to next city" command ?
Perhaps this will allow you to view each city ?

And as a metter of interest. What cities are causing the problem ?
Pampalona ?
Or the Bobian cities that have transfered ownsership to GS and back ?
Or your new cities on N Estonia ? Which have transfered ownership between Vox / GS / RP / GS & RP again ?

And finally, is it neccessary to view these cities ? ie Are you changing the queue & workforce ? Or can we continue and hope it resolves itself on the next few turns ?

Can trip play ahead for a few rounds, to see if the problem disappears ?
Old November 12, 2003, 00:43   #72
BigFree
Deity

I figured it out, somewhat. You need to set the turn timer to "none" for some reason. Don't ask why, because I do not know.

Turn with Beta and Rhoth of Vox
Old November 13, 2003, 05:27   #73
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

What's up with Vox?
--Woody Allen
Old November 13, 2003, 06:17   #74
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

I am almost getting scared of opening the save when it arrives... Perhaps we are to join GS in the Society of Surprised-by-Lots-of-Immortals soon...?
Old November 13, 2003, 10:57   #75
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old November 13, 2003, 13:36   #76
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Believe me, it's a horrible feeling!!

"WTF!! Where did those come from??!! Get our troops up there... What, we don;t have troops? Well send the Workers then. Do SOMETHING!"
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Old November 13, 2003, 14:06   #77
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

OOOoohhHH T-man, major copywright infringement(sp?) going on here.
and eugh,.. wrong game..
Old November 13, 2003, 14:26   #78
Theseus
Emperor

You caught me.

"Pots and pans!!"

Old November 13, 2003, 21:55   #79
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Old November 13, 2003, 22:20   #80
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Tiberius
What's up with Vox?
Ya, really. You gotta wonder. Bunch of asleep-at-the-switch losers.
Old November 16, 2003, 20:48   #81
Zayxus
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

Delay 340AD of ND
Until Friday evening (GMT) I am at another computer with Windows 95; and with this I seem not to be able to play the turn now.

Excuse me please. Perhaps another member of my team does the turn of ND.
Old November 18, 2003, 06:02   #82
Hot_Enamel
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 21:39
Thanks Darekill
Old November 18, 2003, 20:11   #83
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I hate to be the delivery boy of bad news, but we have another problem. This time with the ROP with LEGO. They are using the most current version so that doesn't seem to be the problem.
Aggie
Old November 19, 2003, 06:19   #84
BigFree
Deity

Someone call the Orkin man.....
Old November 19, 2003, 12:54   #85
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

sheesh.
Old November 19, 2003, 15:17   #86
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Hmm, that RoP thing is problematic, huh?

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old November 20, 2003, 06:06   #87
Tiberius
Emperor

So what is happening now?
--Woody Allen
Old November 20, 2003, 22:15   #88
Theseus
Emperor

Good question (16 hours later)...

Old November 21, 2003, 07:31   #89
Aggie
King

Here's whats happening. I PM'ed Gramphos about helping, but it will be at least into december before he can. I am considering if we could play on with the current situation and just fix the problem later. I just hope it doesn't cause more errors later. As you know the problem is a one way ROP with one side having a peace treaty and the other having an ROP(but no peace treaty listed). Another worry is whether trade can be conducted when you don't have a peace treaty.
Aggie
Old November 21, 2003, 07:44   #90
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Let's try it... if we run into more troubles, we go back to this moment and wait for Gramphos to fix the problem.
Closed Thread