Closed Thread

Old April 26, 2004, 14:14   #241
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 12:40
Local Date: November 2, 2010
You're right, Vondrack... we should try to find a solution. But, you're nearly correct in that there have been no backup players, and very little activity in our forum lately. I'm not the last, but one of the few remaining, yes.

I'll start a thread on this in our forum, as I can't promise to be more present. Sometimes I just can't make it.

DeepO
Old May 3, 2004, 03:58   #242
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Local Time: 11:40

RP? Hello?
Old May 3, 2004, 04:25   #243
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:40
Actually, I'm playing the save right now (having spent the past several hours working on getting to this point).

My apologies for the delay. After spending much of the weekend playing chatroom phone tag with members of other teams I was attempting to conduct diplomacy with (and failing to catch them at the right times), I eventually gave up and started working on the save.

It took me a while to get situated with the RP Team situation since I literally hadn't even looked at a PTWDG save in months. Once situated, it took me a while to set up a Sim and plot out turns in advance for RP, but that work has been done now.

So my apoolies on the delay. With Togas out of town, I needed some time to figure out what the devil was going on in this game (both domestically and diplomatically) before playing a save in complete ignorance.

Thankfully, there should not be another delay of this nature, since I'm now caught up and actually know what I'm doing now.
Old May 3, 2004, 04:47   #244
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

Thanks for your efforts, Arnelos.
Old May 4, 2004, 17:26   #245
Zayxus
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

Got the save , but not the time for the turn probably for the next 19 hours.
Old May 5, 2004, 00:10   #246
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Vondrack-

I've received the latest save from you 3 times now (at different times today). Is that a local problem with my hotmail account, or have you seen anything from your end? Any of my fellow Gs'rs get multiple copies?
Old May 5, 2004, 00:24   #247
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 06:40
I'm getting many things multiple times with my Hotmail account... could be a problem with that.
Old May 5, 2004, 00:24   #248
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:40
I'm getting double my saves from E_T.....

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old May 5, 2004, 03:38   #249
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by asleepathewheel
Vondrack-

I've received the latest save from you 3 times now (at different times today). Is that a local problem with my hotmail account, or have you seen anything from your end? Any of my fellow Gs'rs get multiple copies?
Should be a problem on your side - nothing unusual on my end. I sent the save just once to the GS members on the distribution list, as always. The copy sent to nye bounced back, but otherwise, no report of a problem. Probably a hotmail related problem.
Old May 5, 2004, 08:43   #250
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

does sound like damn hotmail :doitnow:

thanks
Old May 5, 2004, 14:24   #251
Zayxus
PtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Warlord

Can't do the turn now.
Perhaps in 2 hours? It is 23:00 for me then.
Old May 7, 2004, 02:45   #252
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

MZ said he sent the save to RP... never received. Please re-send.
Old May 7, 2004, 03:08   #253
Arnelos
Emperor

The save apparently DID make it to Togas, so he forwarded to me. Playing now.
Old May 7, 2004, 05:27   #254
Arnelos
Emperor

An issue came up while trying to play the save. It will be sent shortly, but I need to resolve something first.
Old May 7, 2004, 22:56   #255
Arnelos
Emperor

Apologies for how long that took.
Old May 12, 2004, 15:25   #256
Cort Haus
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Unfortunately DeepO's ISP chose this day to unsuccessfully 'upgrade' his cable modem speed, and his connection is suffering and he can't access 'poly.

There are some economic planning decisions that only he can realistically take on this turn, so no backup player can step in.

Sorry, folks, hopefully the delay will not be long.
Old May 15, 2004, 14:25   #257
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Here's another apology:

yesterday morning was the defense of my thesis, obviously I spent the entire day in the university, had a long dinner with my friends and family and of course, hit the clubs at night...

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old May 22, 2004, 05:46   #258
Cort Haus
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

DeepO will be able to play our turn this evening GMT. If anyone wishes to protest the slight delay, I can play it this afternoon if necessary.
Old May 24, 2004, 18:57   #259
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

There was once a rule binding teams to play their turn within 24 hours of receiving the save, with exceptions being granted on case by case basis in times of wars. Watching the turn thread, one could easily believe this rule is no longer in effect...

Guys, at this pace, we will not be finished until Civ5 Gold Edition. Would you believe we have only played 5 turns in May so far (it's the 25th now, at least here)? That's a stunning average of 5 days per turn...!

If there is no interest in this game any more, let's agree to quit it. If there still is interest in this game, let's get it moving again, dammit!
Old May 25, 2004, 09:22   #260
DeepO
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

well, just a quick excuse on my side: we've got a rule in GS now that should ensure our turns are played within 24 hours, even if I'm not around.

However, you might have noticed we finished Hoover recently, and as there is no detailed sim or something of that sort, the economical situation changed a lot. Maybe as much as during a war. I was the only one fully up to date to do the past 3 turns, which meant that for us, it would be best to wait for me to play it. I am sorry, but I've got a busy agenda. Normally, we are able to get there in time, this was an exception.

DeepO
Old May 25, 2004, 09:50   #261
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Understood - I was not pointing out anyone specific. 5 turns in 25+ days meant most everybody had to have problems following the 24hr rule...

BTW - can someone resend the Lego save to DeepO, please? My ISP's SMTP server got blacklisted (hopefully just temporarily) and the save bounced back as "coming from a blacklisted SMTP server". I am currently unable to fix the problem and have to wait for my ISP to have their server removed from the blacklist...
Old May 25, 2004, 10:02   #262
DeepO
Emperor

one sec, Vondrack, let me send you my other e-mail address in PM. My home address stopped working nearly 2 weeks ago, and my ISP is too incompetent to fix it.

DeepO
Old June 5, 2004, 03:34   #263
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

RP? Any chance of having the save played?

According to the turnthread, you've been sitting on the save for 55+ hours...
Old June 5, 2004, 05:13   #264
DeepO
Emperor

While that is a bit extreme, I have to say I'm sorry, but the fastest we can play the game is tomorrow evening (GMT). Don't rush, vondrack

DeepO
Old June 5, 2004, 05:19   #265
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Ummm... do I understand correctly that GS is now playing RP saves!? That "we" is confusing me a bit...
Old June 5, 2004, 05:51   #266
DeepO
Emperor

not really, it's just that in case RP, Vox, and you all play the save within the next hour or so, you'll have to wait for us

DeepO
Old June 5, 2004, 06:06   #267
vondrack
lifer
Emperor

Yeah, got it... I was trying to get things moving, since this game is so slow last weeks... plus, it's somewhat more convenient for me to play turns on weekends than weekdays - I can do it basically anytime, but weekends are less stress, as there is little to no business activity.
Old June 6, 2004, 13:43   #268
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:40
I have no idea what happened to Arnelos. He's our primary turn player. I've been hosting house guests all weekend and got away briefly this morning to discover that the save has not been passed, so I stepped back in to send it on.

Hopefully this won't happen again in the future. Sorry guys.

Save to Vox.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old June 6, 2004, 13:44   #269
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:40
I have no idea what happened to Arnelos. He's our primary turn player. I've been hosting house guests all weekend and got away briefly this morning to discover that the save has not been passed, so I stepped back in to send it on.

Hopefully this won't happen again in the future. Sorry guys.

Save to Vox.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old June 6, 2004, 15:50   #270
Master Zen
Deity

as long as I don't get the ISDG and PTWDG saves on the same day, I'll forgive ya

(j/k, no problem, Arne has been AWOL for awhile now, hope he comes back soon)

Closed Thread