Old October 18, 2003, 14:04   #31
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 13:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
There were tons of game I needed to finish. But one thing is common to them all.. they're old games. Like X-Coms.. I HAD to finish.. Baldurs Gate (not so old), Doom.. and super mario bros for sure. And one of the older games, I really needed to finish Giana Sisters.

I still can't believe some of those nintendo butthole friends of mine back at then had the balls to claim, that Giana Sisters was copied from nintendos super mario idea, and it was hard to convince them even after I had proven that Giana Sisters came out before super mario.. talk about meatheads. 'My Nintendo is THE BEST!' 'No my Sega is the BEST!' 'Sonic the Hedgehog kicks Super Marios butt!' 'Well who is more popular now?' 'Well Sega 8bit has TWO GAMES BUILT INSIDE!' yadayadayada.. but that was ok until they started with the (and yes it was the meathead nintendo guys, not sega guys) 'Nintendo is way better than your Amiga500'. Then I tried to explain comparison is not valid, because Amiga500 is a computer and you can do whole lots of stuff with it PLUS the games WERE BETTER THAN NINTENDO LITTLE CONSOLE GAMES. I was lucky, because then one guy had both, Amiga500 AND Nintendo and he backed me up. I'm telling you, we almost erupted to calling each other offensive names.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old October 18, 2003, 14:13   #32
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 13:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Oh and those 'Well Nintendo games costs 100 euros, that's way more than your Amiga games, so Nintendo games ARE BETTER'. YEAh, sure. These folks were already then becoming the future gas bumpers of mine.

Every true k00l d00d had Sega if we're talking about consoles. No question. The Nintendo guys came later, and they were these wannabe folks who didn't know crap, except that Nintendo is supposed to be huge and their daddies bought them those for Christmas. I hated every single Nintendo dude, because they always started with the rivalry. But there were more them, many more, only few cool sega guys, who KNEW that sega was superior both with the 8bit console AND in the gaming industry at that time.

Nintendo guys were like these middle aged fat bozos with ferraris who can't even fit in to their cars, but they spend their days looking at it and talking about it to their neighbours 'yeah.. 400 hundred HP! TOP SPEED 190 miles on hour AND COSTED ONE MILLION DOLLARS!' and then the neighbour is like 'yeah sure... ok'.

The only Nintendo product that was allowed was Gameboy. Nothing else. If you cross that line, you'll become a meathead. But back then I was already playing hockey everyday and little bigger than average size guys so it was no problem when some Nintendo dudes started calling me a nerd because I had a computer, so I just said 'Sure but I can still kick your ass'. YEAH! BOOYAH! Talk to the hand 'cause the Nintendo sucks hairy sweaty BUTTS!
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.