Old February 18, 2004, 04:38   #331
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 10:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
We need to watch out for them rushing stuff now with all that extra cash.

BUT this means they don't have so much industry at the moment to build noodles.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 18, 2004, 20:01   #332
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 05:45
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
We need to watch out for them rushing stuff now with all that extra cash.

BUT this means they don't have so much industry at the moment to build noodles.

-Jam
I don't think they can build noodles yet, and not until 2159.

2157 - Uni gets DAP, after the CyCon turn (I think), they offer it to CyCon.

2158 - Cycon gets DAP, rushes aircraft

2159 - First Cycon aircraft are available for use.

We really need to start taking the AOE holdings before they realize their latent strength.

Mead
Old February 18, 2004, 21:48   #333
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 00:45
::strokes chin::

Hmmm, gathered from the intel, what has PEACE said about the CPU's collective force? We have to assume they are sitting on a mountain of EC's....siphoned from PEACE bases. Thing is, what is their industrial output potential?

How fast can they crank out units from their bases?
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old February 19, 2004, 11:41   #334
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 04:45
Can somebody do a last covert report on CPU? On 2156 we are still pacted. I'm really bad at graphs and such otherwise I would perhaps do it myself. But getting to know our enemies is really important for us.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 19, 2004, 16:03   #335
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 11:45
If it can wait till tommorow (friday), I will do it then by noon GMT.
Old February 19, 2004, 16:23   #336
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Thank you dear Micha. How's your long lasting exams?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 19, 2004, 16:45   #337
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

did one yesterday and another one today. Tomorrow morning will be last one (for this week...)

Anyway, I think I´ll pass them... Too much to really get great marks, but it will do it
Old February 19, 2004, 17:19   #338
Snowflake
Princess

Wow, really impressive. Make a sheet with the most important stuff. Go over it before you go to bed today and then before youe exam tomorrow.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 20, 2004, 04:32   #339
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Nah, relax and go to bed early. If you dont know it already, you won't learn it the night before, and you'll just make yourself tired for the exam.

-Jam
Old February 20, 2004, 05:30   #340
Micha
King

I did both!
I learned the day before, AND went to bed at 10pm

And guess what?

It worked!!!

Old February 20, 2004, 05:51   #341
Micha
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Can somebody do a last covert report on CPU? On 2156 we are still pacted. I'm really bad at graphs and such otherwise I would perhaps do it myself. But getting to know our enemies is really important for us.
I´m sorry, Comrade, but the savegame acdg_hive2156-2 posted by the drones in the turntracking thread lists the CyCon as "treaty", not pact. I guess you meant 2155...

Please let me know whether you liked me to do a report on CPU of 2155 or just on Uni 2156. Or maybe Uni 2156 AND CyCon 2155?

Old February 20, 2004, 07:43   #342
Micha
King

Ok, did at least the report about Uni 2156, only text format. Hm, took me 90 minutes, didn´t know it was so much

Now I worship your previous reports even more, Comrade HongHu!

What shall I do about CyCon? Do the report of 2155 or leave them? And do we need pictures, too, or is the text enough?

To the Covert Operations Report, PUT, 2156
Old February 20, 2004, 12:11   #343
Snowflake
Princess

Thanks so much Comrade Micha!!! I would say text is more than enough. We own you a big one.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 20, 2004, 19:22   #344
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 00:45
Thanks Comrade Micha for the awesome data. You really helped me to see what they are all about.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old March 12, 2004, 01:49   #345
Snowflake
Princess

MY PM to Maniac:

Quote:
Dear Function Maniac,

I was notified that the colony pod your captured is determined to be affected by an unknown planet virus that may be deadly and highly contagious. The Hive coastal guard had to take it out because it posed great potential threat to the Hive's security.

Comrade HongHu

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 13, 2004, 14:58   #346
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

HongHu,

As I just posted in the Mead banishment thread (but more properly belongs here):

Some CyCon members in #Apolyton asked me who they're supposed to contact about Hive diplomacy and I told them to PM you. They seemed particularly interested in whether the Hive would react well or poorly to "demands" in return for killing their Colony Pod. I just played very coy, said that Tassadar's ruling prevented from really saying much, and that they should PM you.

As for my personal opinion... if CyCon makes demands, just play along. Tell them that you'll have the team vote on them. Whatever it takes... JUST STALL FOR TIME. If negotiations are still in progress or our team is still "voting" on any CyCon demands by the time that the save reaches the Drones, we'll be home free and there will no longer be any need for the pretense.
Old March 14, 2004, 09:35   #347
Snowflake
Princess

PM from Impaler:

Quote:
An Olive Branch from the Conciousness 1
Part 1 or 2

Greatings HongHu. As you know I have resently returned to active Duty in my Faction and perhaps just in the nick of time too. I aproatch you as the most Pro-Hive member of Cycon, the views expressed here are my own but I have been authorized by the Conciousness to make this final peace offering to you in the hope that a fresh messanger will yeild a fresh perspective.

The Cybernetic Conciousness has learned of the Destruction of our Colony Pod by Hive forces and we are deeply troubled by this action. We feel the Hives actions are highly illogical and driven by misguided Emotions and poor strategic planning.

Let me be quite Frank here. Your threatening to throw away all that we have worked for and make perminent enemies out of the Cycon, first you assisted the Pirates against us and now you have attacked and destroyed a valuable unit of ours. We can not remain friendly with the Hive under these surcumstances unless we see a considerable reversal from this course of action. This action is having a dramatic affect on Cyon opinion of the Hive. Alredy our military affairs Function calls for the destruction of Hive vessels in the area of conflict. My self and other though see a final chance for Detente or perhaps even coperation between us.

The Hive basicaly has a Choice at this point, reverse course from what seems to been a hasty last minute desision on your part OR get Draged into a costly war inwhich both of us are likly to loss as the Drones continue their Geometric Expantion. Ask your selves what do you GAIN by making enemies of us? You wont be capturing rich and undefended territory as we did when we when to war with PEACE. Your not vanchishing a potential enemy as Cycon has never had any hostile intentions towards the Hive, you know we are not in a position to even atempt such a thing now that you have the CBA, not to mention your far higher industrial output, why do you claim to be threatened by us?

We realize your probly being pushed to attack us by the Drones and your probably quite fearfull of them and fell that you have a better chance of winning the game by working with them. The nature of your starting locations to a great extent forced you into coperation in the early game and you have said on many ocations that they have a superior military and you feel they would win any war between you. This may be true now but with combined power of the Hive and CPU the Drones would be in trouble. Especialy if they were to losse the Planetary Govenorship. You see Elections are coming up again soon and CPU will be able to deside that Election easily Due to our now much larger vote count. We have voted for you in the past and we would be willing to do so again if we saw a turn around in your behavior. Further more, we are planning to research Bio-Enginering in the near future. We would be most interested in an exchange of the Citizens Defence Force for the Longevity Vacine, each of us would recive the project best suited for their empire. This and much more can be gained by mutual Coperation.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 14, 2004, 09:37   #348
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
An Olive Branch from the Conciousness
Part 2 of 2

On the other Hand war between us will be quite brutal, we Can produce quite a good number of Aircraft and Ships to counter any offensive you might launch as we have an anual Credit production of nearly 300. Would it not be more fruitfull for us to together carve up the Angels and their rich territory then for us to grind each other up. I am shure some kind of territorial division can be worked out between us that benifits both parties equaly.

Lastly let me point out the MAIN reason that the Conciousness would still rather coperate with the Hive then with any other faction. You see we are an active Role Playing Faction just like the Hive. You have gone to great lengths to put out Role Playing materials such as Pravda (which we all love reading). You have made this game fun and interesting. The Hive has played the game the way it was ment to be played, as a team of players with different and competing view points. We salute you for living up the the Ethos of your faction and the goals of this game. The Drones on the Other hand are as far as we can tell are not a team at all, its simply Buster playing this game solo and he has set up his off-Poly Forum simply as a way to conceal this from our Moderators and the rest of the comunity. Shurely this is not the spirit of the game and they the Drones should not be rewarded for it by becoming the defacto victors in this game.

If the Hive sees the logic in my arguments then please agree to the following points.

An Exchange of Int Int for Bio-Enginer once CPU has access to it. The Hive will also agree not to trade Int Int to the Drones untill CPU has the Secret Project in the Bag.

A withdraw of Hive Forces from the area of conflict, we will recipricated and return our forces to Cycon bases as you will be able to verify per say the next point.

Resigning Pact with Cycon and University

In Return CPU will agree to Vote for the Hive in the next Planetary Govenor Elections and the Hive shall supply CPU with inteligence in exchange.

If the Hive wishes Cycon will agree not to make any hostile moves against PEACE, if relations with the Hive improve then the presense of PEACE bases would no longer be of any significance to us.

Please respond quickly or we will be forced to assume the offer has been rejected.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 14, 2004, 09:39   #349
Snowflake
Princess

My reply:

Quote:
Function Impaler:

Just a note that I have received your PMs and have posted them into the Hive forum. I have not had time to read the forum yet. However I will attempt to put up a poll within the Hive as soon as possible.

Comrade HongHu

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 14, 2004, 19:50   #350
Jamski
Deity

I told him I was arguing that we accept this offer. Next tuen is THE perfect time to cripple the Drones while their army and airforces are commited vs the Uni.

This will be our ONLY chance.

-Jam
Old March 14, 2004, 20:53   #351
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 03:45
BACK! (god I hate flying)

I'm really out of it since I just got home from the airport and have not even had time to take a shower. I have an essay due tomorrow (which I'm not done) and an exam on Tuesday (which I did not study for) to get done and study for respectively.

So expect me to catch up by let us say the middle of this week, until then best of luck (though I know the Hive with their excellent people does not need it).
Old March 15, 2004, 03:03   #352
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Hmm... we really need to stall CyCon for another 24-48 hours until they send the save to PEACE. I hope they don't get too antsy for a response before then, though they likely will.

Well, our best bet is (I think) just stalling for time. If we can just kill another day or two, we're home free.

Any suggestions on what we say if CyCon starts getting impatient?
Old March 15, 2004, 04:22   #353
Jamski
Deity

I told them we are in discussions on the issue.

-Jam
Old March 15, 2004, 11:42   #354
Snowflake
Princess

Impaler's message and my reply:

Quote:

Hi Impaler,

I have not been able to set up MIRC if you remember the last time we tried to chat. I guess I could try again since now Arnelos has posted the step by step instruction. However it is likely that I can't do it because of the firewall at my work place.

Hong

p.s. I didn't get to be online a lot during the weekend since my home internet connection was done. I'm trying to catch up with things and I'll see what reaction is in the Hive toward your messages.

Quote:

Would you care to join me in an MIRC chat room discuss Hive-Cycon relationships?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 15, 2004, 12:58   #355
Snowflake
Princess

They want an answer in 24 hours.

Quote:

I cannot do it. Sorry. I have proposed a government structure in the Hive. In the proposal I have proposed Arnelos as the new Ambassodor. I will still be involved as before, just this way I think we will have at least one more person who can represent Hive in talks. This is of course not approved yet but just want to give you a heads up. If you will be available I will try to be online 11 hours from now from home (hope my connection will be ok). My MSN address is hhu003 at mchsi.com.

Hong

Quote:

Is it likly or posible that we can get some feed back within the next 24 hours? I would very much like to have some token of Peace from the Hive to present to my team mates before we play the Cycon turn?

Also are their any other methods of comunication we could use instead? I have Aol Instant Messanger, Screen name is "kenferland".

Lastly are you alowed to comunicate to me as an ambasador of the Hive, I have aproval to comunicate on behalf of the Conciousness and I was realy hoping for a Real time conversation if you have to time, if now is not good what is a better time?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 15, 2004, 13:30   #356
Snowflake
Princess

I have drafted a PM in response to CPU's proposal. I somehow felt that it is fair for them to get some kind of response from us. (I know, trying to be less evil again.)

Anyway, here it is. I'm not sure if I've said too much. I would like to have some feedback regarding whether I should send it.

Quote:
Function Impaler:

I feel that I am obligated to return your sincerity in trying to communicate regarding the relationship between the Hive and CPU. I understand that the CPU is in urgent need for a reply from the Hive toward your proposals. I would like to be frank with you. Although there are people who want to keep our relationship as friendly as possible, so far there is still not a strong majority in the Hive that is in favor of your proposal. It is true that you have gained great benefit from the CC-PEACE war. In agreeing to your proposal it may mean that the Hive may be giving up its opportunity of getting its fair share of territory expansion. In addition, the Hive current support of the PEACE is largely based on its moral implications. As strongly as we would feel to see PEACE survive, some felt that CPU’s treatment of this issue including your response to the Hive’s motion and your use of this as a weight of negotiation shows your attitude of getting what you want at all costs, and this causes great concerns toward any possible long-term relationships between the two factions. I will of course keep monitoring the progress of the Hive discussion and keep you informed about any decision the Hive makes.

Comrade HongHu

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 15, 2004, 14:12   #357
Jamski
Deity

Cool. I sent something simliar.

-Jam
Old March 15, 2004, 14:28   #358
Snowflake
Princess

You already sent something? Why haven't you posted it here?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 15, 2004, 16:40   #359
Snowflake
Princess

Ok I'm going to wait for one more hour and if nobody else comments on it I'll pass it along. For I'm not sure if I will be able to get online in the next 36 hours.

p.s. Jamski would you please post what you sent to the CCs?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 15, 2004, 16:58   #360
Jamski
Deity

Sure... wait one moment...

-Jam