Old December 28, 2003, 01:58   #181
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 20:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'm glad that got cleared up fairly fast.
Old December 28, 2003, 02:20   #182
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 04:44
I was gonna post our chat to show how I was "un-cooperating" but yes I will forgive you. I needed forgiveness from other people too.

ps. Thank you GooglieGod for your understanding of me.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 28, 2003, 03:24   #183
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 10:44

Official Ruling

After careful review, it is the opinion of the Communist Council of Heaven that Honghu has broken none of the sacred rules.
Therefore, Honghu is free!

This is passed by a unanimous vote and has gone into effect immediately. This is a non-disputable godly document.
Old December 31, 2003, 04:02   #184
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

My post at the CC embassy:
Quote:
First Tass told me you guys really tried hard to protect me. I really appreciate that. I have shared all info with him and he had make his decision based on full information.

Second I would like to clearify so that Function Maniac would be eleviated from his concerns. None of my communications with any of the CC members has been illegal or secret or step out of the line. I have posted all communications to the Hive team. With two exceptions. One, the war plan the CC disclosed to the Hive. I felt that it is very important that it does not get any chance to be leaked. So I only shared it with trustful members of the Hive and actually all Hive members who care to see it will be able to see, just that if one is inactive enough he would not know to check it. Second is the chat I had with Function Drogue and Function Maniac. Again I was going further of the way then I should from the Hive point of view to ensure the fairness to the CyCons because I have pleged to be entirely open toward the CyCons when I took the position as the CC ambassador.

Kody was incorrect in saying that I made decisions without the support of the Hive members. I have kept the CC relationship thread in the Hive forum entirely current so anybody who is concerned with the current dealings could make comments and suggest changes. If there is no objections regarding what I have been doing I consider that is what it is, well no objections. I have also actively discussed all the major issues and small details with anybody who is willing to discuss. I have even send numerous PMs to inactive members to solicitate their opinions. Some have not replied, some replied with no solid suggestions. I consider myself have done all that I could and should.

I have stood up in front of tass's investigation. I do not fear any investigations. I do things following my principles and I do not do cheatings and other sneaky stuff. That is what make me unafraid. I can face any allegations and accusations with straight face. And again I take responsibilities for what I have done. Tell me what I have done that is inappropriate. If that is correct then I will be happy to accept the consequence, and I will try my best to change whatever is inappropriate.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 31, 2003, 04:03   #185
Snowflake
Princess

My post at the CC embassy:
Quote:

I have been busy these days because my friend is being deployed to Iraqe on the 5th. I have learnt a new development between the CCs and the Hive while I was absent today. That the CCs had threatened the Hive if they do not declare vendetta against the peace the CC will consider the Hive as its enemy.

I am very surprised in hearing that. I have informed the CC that the Hive has a pact with the PEACE and that we do not have any capability of going to a war at this moment. And in the chat between Functions Maniac and Drogue and myself we have also discussed that if the CCs going to war our status will be changed to vendetta because of the PEACE pact and that CC will offer the pact back and we will accept it.

I have been working so hard to get the CyCons and Hives together while making sure the CyCons are fully informed and be able to think for itself. I am in such a surprise that the CCs will take such a step so that it gets public angryness in the Hive. If it is the real intention that the CCs do not want to be friendly with the Hive, you don't really need to go this far way. You can simply inform me and I will inform the rest of the Hive. However, I would rather believe that the CCs was actually wanting to be friendly with the Hive. They just took a misstep perhaps under some ill prepared advices. If you have came up with such a plan during communications with Jamski, please think about this. Have I not told you that Jamski has not been actively involved in the game for a long time? He didn't even know that the pact is expected to be automatically changed to vendetta and that we have agreed to pact back. I mean how stupid one can be to believe that by threatening the Hive it will make them scared and so stay friendly with you? I mean how stupid one can be to believe the one needs to use threat on somebody who is already your friend? I rather believe that you are trying to help the relationship, but I have to say that what you have done is not helping at all. Of course I could be wrong, you really don't want to make the relationship grow. But again why bother to take such a long road?

The last comment I would want to make is that I am currently still the Hive's CC embassador. And I have tried my best to check all the forums, my PMs and my emails several times a day. Please try to make sure you contact me regarding any CC-Hive relationship. I have enjoyed working with the functions emensely in the past. However I do not appreciate this Jamski ill line of communication. It had brought up such big troubles for the relationship between the CCs and the Hive. I am very sad to see this. I had hoped that Jamski will be helping us for he seemed really liked the CyCons.

Please forgive me if some of my comments had been a little hush because I have been kind of emotional to see this down turn in our relationship.

Grapefruit Garden
Old December 31, 2003, 08:40   #186
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

The CyCon are going to flatten us.

HongHu, as you would be aware if you paid more interest to the Hive, I have been in contact with the CyCon for may months, on a daily basis. Whether you are the "official ambassador" or not is of no interest to me. As a free citizen of the Hive I can communicate with the free citizens of the CyCon as I please, and I learn much that lies behind the "offical announcements" But it seems all my knowledge is of no interest to a member of the "Secret Quartet" who knows everything without being told, and shares information only when she really has to.

-Jam (angry)
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old January 1, 2004, 11:58   #187
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Nobody likes you anymore Jamski.
Old January 1, 2004, 12:54   #188
Snowflake
Princess

Impalor's post at the Embassy:

Quote:
This is indeed a grave misunderstanding. Either Jamski is truely insane (87.54% Probability) or some Function of the Conciousness Diplomacy Implants are malfunctioning (12.45% Probability). Cycon dosen't care at all if you Maintain a Pact with PEACE as we will be routing them so soon it dosn't realy matter, in the meantime watch the fireworks and collect what trade income you can. As long as you dont assist PEACE we are fine and consider the relationship to be excelent and as close as it could be without actualy being a Perm-Pact Co-Op. It seems we have had a lot of these "insident" latly, throughout them all the relationship shall continue unscathed.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 1, 2004, 12:55   #189
Snowflake
Princess

Comrade Oct's post at the Embassy:

Quote:
Octavian X here. Last I checked, I was supposedly running Foreign Relations, but I really don't know anymore. Therefore, note that the following are entirely my own thoughts, are in no way express any sort of official Hiverian stance.

Let me express my rellief that this situation was a misunderstanding. I suspect someone is tampering with our relations, and I will say that I honestly don't believe this is entirely Jamski's doing. I feel he has only good intentions for the Hive at heart.

This incident has me very concerned, as it would appear there is a sabateur in our midst. So that this situation is fully resolved, I propose a join inquiry of the situation by both the Hive and CyCon. The sooner we've found the rat, the better for the both of us.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 1, 2004, 14:19   #190
Snowflake
Princess

PM by Voltaire to Drogue and Maniac:

Quote:
We have received word of a possible ultimatum issued by the CyCon to the Hive to the lines of that unless the Hive joins the war on PEACE then we will be considered enemies. Please respond to this ASAP, we will not make any moves until we have this matter clarified.

-Chairman Voltaire
PM from Maniac:
Quote:
Please wait as I discuss this matter with the Collective. I'll need to bring this matter to the attention of Drogue and Impaler first.
PM from Drogue:
Quote:
The CyCon has said nothing of the sort. We have specifically said we do not expect you to join in the war against PEACE. I must ask who the source was?

- Drogue

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 1, 2004, 14:30   #191
Snowflake
Princess

PM from Impalor:
Quote:
Greatings HongHu,

I was wondering if you could confirm that the Pact was indeed accepted on your turn. I know that we will know soon anyways but I am just a bit nervous that the resent Diplomatic FooPa might have soured that Pact deal for you. I sertanly hope it has not. We should now start moving forword with our tec trade talks which have been on hold latly.

Also I wish to extend to you the Condolences of the Cybernetic Conciousness on your loss in the Planetary Govenor Elections. The outcome was as I had feared and the Drones ofcorse chosse to make themselves govenor. Our lone support of the Hive should be a strong indicator of the strength of our aliance but in the end it was perhaps a hasty desision to call the council so soon before deals for votes from other factions had been made. I hope the Drones will be good enough to supply you with information as you had planned to do for them.
My reply

Quote:
Thanks Function Impaler. Since the little incident I had not had a chance to open the turn and Kody had not had time to post a summary of the turn. However from my chat with Kody (which is open to all Hive since it is posted) we have discussed that the Hive's integrity requires us to honor what we have pledged to the CyCons and so I expect Kody had accepted the pact. Also we had discussed that CC's attitude change seemed to be mistaken or at least only representative of certain single functions instead of the collective minds of the CyCons. I promise you that we will have more thorough discussions on this and I will keep the CyCons informed regarding any new development.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 1, 2004, 16:12   #192
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
The CyCon are going to flatten us.

HongHu, as you would be aware if you paid more interest to the Hive, I have been in contact with the CyCon for may months, on a daily basis. Whether you are the "official ambassador" or not is of no interest to me. As a free citizen of the Hive I can communicate with the free citizens of the CyCon as I please, and I learn much that lies behind the "offical announcements" But it seems all my knowledge is of no interest to a member of the "Secret Quartet" who knows everything without being told, and shares information only when she really has to.

-Jam (angry)
Dear Jamski, I understand you say things that you don't meant when you are angry. That is ok. We all have times that we feel emotional. If you feel strongly that you would like to be the person who is responsible for the communication between Hive and CCs, I have no objections that you replace me as the CC Ambassador since you have lots of experiences in this field. Do we need to do a joint proposal to the Hive and get it approved you think? Or can we just announce it to the CCs.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 3, 2004, 10:18   #193
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Quote:
Dear Jamski, I understand you say things that you don't meant when you are angry. That is ok. We all have times that we feel emotional. If you feel strongly that you would like to be the person who is responsible for the communication between Hive and CCs, I have no objections that you replace me as the CC Ambassador since you have lots of experiences in this field. Do we need to do a joint proposal to the Hive and get it approved you think? Or can we just announce it to the CCs.
Sorry I missed this one before. Must have been skimming I'd to do it. Sure.

-Jam
Old January 4, 2004, 00:38   #194
Snowflake
Princess

Being the poll loving person as you, would you care to set up the poll then?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 4, 2004, 11:05   #195
Jamski
Deity

With what choices? Am I allowed to make an official poll?

Oh, I'll just do it. See what happens, eh?

-Jam
Old January 4, 2004, 18:14   #196
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 03:44
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski

Sorry I missed this one before. Must have been skimming I'd to do it. Sure.

-Jam
Except Comrade Jamski can hold no public office while on trial.
Old January 4, 2004, 18:22   #197
Jamski
Deity

Ok, then I shall make the poll after the trial. (assuming I am aquitted )

-Jam
Old January 5, 2004, 03:56   #198
Snowflake
Princess

Function Drogue's reply to Comrade Oct's post:

Quote:
I'd agree to that. A joint enquiry to find out what happens seems good.

Indeed, personally, I'd rather you didn't attack PEACE. We are perfectly capable of defeating them, and we'd like to show the other factions that we are a capabloe faction. Simply for pride's sake, I'd like to demolish PEACE on our own, just to show them that we can.

There is no ultimatum, indeed, as Impaler said, please continue your Pact with PEACE. Makes everyone else less suspicious :-)

- Drogue

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 5, 2004, 03:56   #199
Snowflake
Princess

Function Drogue:
Quote:
HongHu: The CyCons have NOT issued such an ultimatum. I was the External Function at the time, and the first I knew of this was when Voltaire PMed me to ask me what happened. I know of no such ultimatum whatsoever, and there is absolutely nothing official even suggested, let alone acted upon, that in any way is similar to these points.

We are still strongly for a Hive-CyCon alliance. I am the Prime Function now, and havehad no orders whatsoever to change our policy towards the Hive from our pact and strong alliance.

- Drogue

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 5, 2004, 03:57   #200
Snowflake
Princess

Also I forgot to add this yesterday from Function Maniac:
Quote:
My condolences for not reaching planetary governorship. :-(
But ah well, at least we still have each other!

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 5, 2004, 11:56   #201
Jamski
Deity

The CyCon are reporting several bases taken from the PEACE faction. Will this affect our attitude to them?

-Jam
Old January 6, 2004, 11:31   #202
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

The stronger they are the more we want to suck up to them for elite techage
Like Adaptive Econ or Doc:Init
Old January 7, 2004, 13:40   #203
Snowflake
Princess

Maniac at the Embassy:

Quote:
I was wondering, could you please tell us which tech(s) the Drones have stolen from PUT? We'll be able to see it for ourselves in a few days when we get our turn, but I don't feel like waiting that long. ;-)

Also do you know of the intentions of the Drones? Was it simply a one-time raid, or do they - or both of you - plan to start your long hoped for elimination of those evil capitalists? :-)
Kody's reply:
Quote:
The drone tech steal was their own little thing. Wait until your next turn to find out the tech or ask the drones about it. It'll be less than 48 hours to your next turn.

Hive will be mantaining their treaty with the university. Last turn I was watching the university unity foil+scout with one of our rovers. I'm not sure where the foil has gone this turn, but if they land on hive land again I'm going to push for the hive to declare vendetta.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 7, 2004, 13:41   #204
Snowflake
Princess

Maniac at the Embassy:
Quote:
As you undoubtedly noticed, we are currently researching Synthetic Fossil Fuels and will finish that research in MY 2154. I was wondering, would you have an interest in trading for that technology after we acquired it?
Kody's reply
Quote:
I'm not the ambassador, and I've actually been told off that I shouldn't bypass the ambassador to make deals. Also the hive government is in chaos again due to a recent riot and they want more democracy.... so that means slower official diplomatic responses.

Not sure, but Jamski may be taking up the ambassador post. Honghu mentioned that, because Jamski was saying he has a better relationship with the cycon.
My post
Quote:
I have transfered your message to the Hive and will let you know if there're any suggestions or decisions.

Chairman Voltaire said that Jamski cannot be an ambassador when he is on trial. So we will wait until that is over to see if he could be the CC ambassador.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 7, 2004, 13:51   #205
Snowflake
Princess

CC also contacted Drones for trade:

Quote:
Originally posted by buster
Our negotiations:
Quote:
Maniac wrote on Wednesday, 7th January 2004 08:51:23:
Hi buster,

I was wondering, could you please tell us what tech(s) you have stolen from PUT? I can probably see it myself in a few days, but I don't feel like waiting that long.

Also, what international implications does this have? Was this just a one-time raid to get some crucial technology, or will you pursue your vendetta with PUT?

As a last point, have you succesfully assimilated the Guide to Indirect Infiltration I sent you? And is there any news on the tech trade / leapfrog I proposed?

Friendly greetings,

Mani Alpha-3
External Affairs Function of the Cybernetic Consciousness
My answer:
The guide was fine. I was not aware of this.

The probeaction got us environmental economics. On PUT the immediate plans only involves some techlifting.

Re the trade we will complete DAP in 2153 ourselves so the suggested trade will not work. Don't know what else you can come up with.

As such the only problem I have in handing you SFF or even DAP is the possibility you will be probed and the techs then spread all over - particularly to PUT. It is not that I am trying to stall you - I have no problem with tipping the war in your favor but the likely chance that the techs will get stolen and spread is a real concern. Peace btw is currently producing a foil probe at Liars Lair (slanted to complete in three) - earlier produced probeships were all killed I see. PUT has no probships and are constructing none, so for now all you need to ensure is that you have the probe coming out of Liars Lair covered.

Anyway - give me some kind of repayment-plan and some confidence the techs will not be shortly after stolen by Peace and we will work something out.

regards
buster

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 7, 2004, 15:06   #206
Snowflake
Princess

Impalor PM:

Quote:
Greatings from the Conciousness
Greatings HongHu,

I was hoping you might kick off some debate within the Hive on what you wish in exchange for Ecological Enginering. Were eager to aquire this tec as you already know but their has not been much discussion so far. Our new external Affairs Function is Maniac (I am still internal) Drouge is again Prime Function. As you can see we expect to finish our next tec SFF in about 3 years about the same time your you to finish your current tec (by the way congradulations on your HUGE lab output Kody is truely impressive). If we have a deal of some sort worked out we could each trade on the 4th year and not have our tec costs incresse at all for a good long time. I will instruct Maniac to start conducting more comunications with you, please post on the Comlink what ever you send him so that we may all see it.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 7, 2004, 15:29   #207
Snowflake
Princess

My reply:
Quote:
Somehow I was under the mis-impression that you might be able to get gene splicing and eco eng from the PEACE war so you didn't want to trade with us yet. Now I understand that you do need it. I will start some discussion in the Hive and let you know what we would like to get from you.

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 7, 2004, 15:35   #208
Snowflake
Princess

My post:
Quote:
Just realized that originally CC was going to obtain eco eng from the PUT and it wasn't finalized. So the entire trade was off? Or are you still negotiating?

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 8, 2004, 11:33   #209
Snowflake
Princess

Function Drogue:
Quote:
To be honest, I have no idea. We aren't discussing it actively anymore, so it has been sidelined at least, although I'm not sure if we ever disagreed. They asked for a lot (2 techs plus ec IIRC, though I may be wrong), so if you can give us a reasonable offer we will happily trade for it. Gene Splicing we will get from PEACE.

- Drogue

Grapefruit Garden
Old January 14, 2004, 16:31   #210
Snowflake
Princess

There's been a pretty bad drama at the CC embassy played by Enigma and the CCs. I'm too tired to cross post them over. Anybody who is interested please go over there and look.

I just would like to add one comment. If Enigma continues to act in this manner, leaking crucial information to other teams and messing up our diplomatic relationships I will move to remove you from any position that could influence the game.

Grapefruit Garden