Old March 2, 2001, 05:38   #31
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 23:00
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Isn't "Obsolete Format" a Call to Power error message?
Old March 2, 2001, 09:48   #32
Thoddy
Warlord

Local Time: 00:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 03-02-2001 04:38 AM
Isn't "Obsolete Format" a Call to Power error message?

No, I have got the same message, when I tried to open an FW-game.
But the savegames on your web-site seems to work properly.
May be a configuration problem,
my configuration works: TOT, patch 1.1 ger, No limit's add on (Thanks Julius).
Hope you can understand my english trials(or attempts; I don't know)

special note: In the weekends from fri 09.00 until mo 03.00 ACS time please skip my turns, since I have no access to the net at the time.
[This message has been edited by Thoddy (edited March 02, 2001).]
Old March 2, 2001, 10:56   #33
Zulu Elephant
Prince

*Slaps forehead*
Forgot that this computer doesnt have the patch on it
*Installs Patch*
*Plays Game*
Old March 2, 2001, 11:36   #34
Zulu Elephant
Prince

The reign of the Zulu Elephant dynasty started quietly. Roads were built and the seers saw no further visions of the demons from Earth.
The people, perhaps in response to this quiet time, became intrigued by tales of other lands beyond the seas. These tales, along with the council's fears of future overcrowding of the island, led to the ships anchored in Hades Shrine being given a new, younger captain. The next year, despite reservations by the council, he was given permission to venture into the deeper waters in search of these new lands.
That very same year, the frontiers of knowledge were pushed back by the culmination of years of research into literacy.
At the height of the nation's celebrations honoring the wisemen responsible for the newfound knowledge, news arrived from the Southern seas. The Captain, eager to outshine the wisemen with his own deeds pushed further south than anyone had ever traveled. The ship, caught in a storm, sunk with only one survivor making it back to mainland to tell the tale.
Zulu's reign continued with a mood of sadness in the air, broken up only by discoveries such as "Pottery", a new invention that some on the council feared would lead to an excess amount of food leading to an overcrowding of the island. There were many revolts in many towns, quelled only by the use of martial law and the hiring of entertainers from across the land.
However, as the reign drew to a close however, a new sense of optimism was felt by the people.
In the space of a few years, celebrations were held to mark the first time the island supported 300,000 citizens; Hades Shrine completed the project to rebuild its Trireme fleet after the South seas disaster and, most importantly, Belzebuth Nest completed its multi-generational project, "The Lighthouse", ushering in what many hoped would be and age of expansion into the legendary lands across the seas...
Old March 2, 2001, 14:01   #35
Julius Brenzaida
King

Location: Currently cleaning the 9000 rooms of Sticky Mouse's Palace
quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 03-02-2001 12:15 PM
Website updated ...

Thanks once again !!!

Old March 2, 2001, 16:24   #36
Roman
King

quote:

Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida on 03-02-2001 12:56 PM
Those poor Aliens seem to have a hard time growing and expanding …

True, I think we need to switch to temporary all-settler production to colonize our planet. No ICS style founding of cities close to each other, though, that would increase the current potential at the expense of th future potential, but since we are isolated we should plan far ahead into the future.
Old March 2, 2001, 20:59   #37
[LordLMP]

LMP says to explore north, and Zulu explores south and loses the Trireme :P
Well, LMP just has to show Zulu how to run this civilization.
Me thinks all the rulers are immortals same with the seers/prophets
or maybe we are just gods to the aliens, running their civilization from a computer

I will finish doing my turns by tommorrow....should I skip Throd's turn and send to Julius?

-LordLMP

Old March 2, 2001, 22:45   #38
Roman
King

quote:

Originally posted by [LordLMP] on 03-02-2001 07:59 PM
Me thinks all the rulers are immortals same with the seers/prophets

I said even aliens have to sleep - I didn't say they have to die.

quote:

I will finish doing my turns by tommorrow....should I skip Throd's turn and send to Julius?

Yes, skip his turn. He has explicitly stated that's what we should do over the weekends.
Old March 3, 2001, 01:15   #39
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Website updated ...
Old March 3, 2001, 01:41   #40
[LordLMP]

they sleep to much, they need fungi caffeinus

-LordLMP

Old March 3, 2001, 01:53   #41
Julius Brenzaida
King

Thoddy, your english is good, kein problem. And welcome to the team ! I don’t see no reason to pass you for a matter of 2 or 3 days. This is no game of speed. As I said at the beginning of the topic, what matters is just to avoid keeping everybody in the dark. A succession game veteran like Scouse Gits could tell you many tales of games stranded for quite some time.

------------------
Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
Old March 3, 2001, 01:56   #42
Julius Brenzaida
King

Nice story Zulu Elephant. I’m sure you’ve sent the saved game to Lord LMP, but can I get a copy of it. Thanks ! Those poor Aliens seem to have a hard time growing and expanding …

------------------
Oh Man, when will you understand that your greatness lies in your failure - Goethe
Old March 3, 2001, 09:48   #43
Julius Brenzaida
King

quote:

Originally posted by [LordLMP] on 03-02-2001 07:59 PM

No, if I read his message correctly, Thoddy can be operational on Monday. A single’s day waiting does not warrant skipping one turn.
Lord LMP, I suggest you send the game to Thoddy, with the usual copy for me.
Good luck : I hope no trireme will be lost in the north sea ! (the Lighthouse should help).

------------------
Old March 3, 2001, 10:13   #44
[LordLMP]

LMP started is reign by getting some people to invent coffee out of the fungi caffeinus grains discovered some decades back, and he then made sure all the populace drinks it. So no more sleepy heads. He then ordered the Triremi to Farichi while the city is establishing some defences and then make a new settler. The Triremi arrived to Farichi and LMP got the settler from Hade's Shrine to board it. He ordered the boat to move north, and naturally, the captain complained. Because of that, LMP personally came to Farichi and slap the captain silly for disobeying, telling him to go north!
So the Triremi did so and directly 3 squares away, the Trireme found land like LMP predicted. Everybody was awed by LMP, which is why probebly there wasn't any riots during the whole time of his reign. The Hade's Shrine settler landed on the newly found land. LMP told the settler to establish a city there, but it seems the settlers misunderstood and move north-east. LMP got annoyed and told the settler to move back to where they were and colonize!!! no more screws ups. The settlers establish the city of Yub Yub, named by LMP during the rest of LMP's reign, he made sure the cities on the island were connected by roads and got the settlers there to start irragating around Farichi. The seers had some visions aswell. The visions was about the success of their people and shown their destiny! the destiny is to grow strong and powerful, so they can eventually invade the Earth, getting rid of the Earthdevils. Temples and Granaries were built at different cities, and LMP got Hade's Shrine to start working on the Oracle. when his reign ended at the beginning of 20CE(hey, how could the aliens know of jesus? so Common Era is better ). The people loves Him

-LordLMP

Old March 5, 2001, 03:21   #45
Thoddy
Warlord

got the zip-file.

Now the reign of a unholy sandworm begins. Thoddy the inapproachable. All enemies will be eaten to get their strenghts and skills.
Old March 5, 2001, 07:46   #46
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Website updated. Following a suggestion from Julius, I have included an editorial section Visions of Places Far Away in which I give a brief synopsis of the state of play on Earth as at 20AD. If you don't want to see this - don't visit the site until the information is cold ...

Just a reminder - web-site is here.

------------------
Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
"The Great Library must be built!"
"A short cut has to be challenging,
were it not so it would be 'the way'."
- Paul Craven
Old March 6, 2001, 03:04   #47
Thoddy
Warlord

Game played until 420 after dark.
File sent to Julius, copies for sandmonkey and sg1.
Old March 6, 2001, 05:17   #48
Thoddy
Warlord

In the year 20 AD an dusty and unexperienced sandworm from somewhere
- nobody knows him -
arrives in the city of Hades Shrine to compete with hundred other aspirants for the throne of the small alien monarchy. After a short and bloody competition, the other aspirants were killed by the sandworm. Their death bodies disappears. What nobody knows: Following an old tradition of thousands of generations the sandworm had eaten the death bodies to get their strengths and skills. Henceforth he was designated as the Glorios Wise and Terrible Sandworm (GWaTS). "May my bloody dark reign last forever."
After that he puts his nose into the wind, looks at the seeds of specials and decide: There must be a desert to look for spice. A lone seetler starts digging near Hades shrine. After a couple of years tons of bones became visible. This sad event was followed by an scream of fear. But GWaTS said: Dig deeeeper. We have to build an Empire to stand the test of time. Bones must help. By means of martial law the alien nation became content for a long time .

Meanwhile:
Germans built GL in 60 after dark. Russians built the great Oracle about 240 ad. After completing granaries , production was switched to produce settlers and Jirakis for martial law .
A second trireme should transport settlers to their destination islands.
Another settler was sent out to discover deserted lands, but he failed. The GWaTS avoids to tip huts before a city was founded nearby. Research is heading towards Michelangelos Chapel. For this purpose Hades Shrine is accumulating shields.

Later GWaTS became his own seer and had a vision of thousands of suns bringing xaos and global warming to the Earth. In this situation an old wise woman whispers: This should be discussed. But she had to yield with the GWaTS well known arguments.

An famous historican nominates the alien civ as the hopeless one. So the alien nation gets some headache.

In the following year the GWaTS feels weaker by an overdose of poison and dies. The people decide to celebrate a new hero, may his reign last forever.

[This message has been edited by Thoddy (edited March 06, 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Thoddy (edited March 06, 2001).]
Old March 7, 2001, 12:02   #49
Malignantx
Settler

Hey guys i was wondering if i could join in as the 7th player.. my email is abneyja@yahoo.com thanks.
Old March 7, 2001, 16:27   #50
Malignantx
Settler

Is the game suppose to be in the year 20 ad? I thought thoddy started at 20 ad.. owel if im mistaken please post a reply thanks.

------------------
Angel left wing right wing broken wing
Old March 8, 2001, 01:40   #51
Julius Brenzaida
King

quote:

Originally posted by Malignantx on 03-07-2001 11:02 AM
Hey guys i was wondering if i could join in as the 7th player.. my email is abneyja@yahoo.com thanks.

Yes, of course : we’re lucky 7 now ! I send you the game and you can play immediately as it was my turn … Welcome to the Alien lineup !

------------------
Old March 8, 2001, 01:42   #52
Julius Brenzaida
King

Lineup :
1) Julius : julius.brenzaida@infomaniak.ch
2) Sandmonkey : Phanatic62@aol.com
3) Roman : lajciak@hotmail.com
4) Zulu Elephant : JMiles21@excite.com
5) Lord LMP : LordLMP@hotmail.com
6) Thoddy : thorsten.wahl@nordlb.de
7) Malignantx : abneyja@yahoo.com
Old March 8, 2001, 06:48   #53
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

I have nothing more recent than 20AD, but I agree, from the history Thoddy started from 20AD and progressed from there - so I would hang out for a more recent save game Malignantx ...

------------------
Scouse Git[1]

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
- Paul Craven
Old March 8, 2001, 06:58   #54
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Web-site now includes Malignantx ...
Old March 8, 2001, 09:30   #55
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Web-site now includes 420AD save game - go for it Malignantx

[This message has been edited by Scouse Gits (edited March 08, 2001).]
Old March 8, 2001, 11:32   #56
Julius Brenzaida
King

[quote]Originally posted by Malignantx on 03-07-2001 03:27 PM
Is the game suppose to be in the year 20 ad? I thought thoddy started at 20 ad.. owel

Malignantx, I really don’t get it. I send you again the zipped saved file. It’s definitely 420ad. Please try again. Look if the Oracle has been build (it’s in Thoddy’s story). Scouse Gits, file send to you too. Please check I am becoming crazy. It’s 420ad, not 20ad !!!!

------------------
Old March 9, 2001, 01:28   #57
Malignantx
Settler

In the year of our Alien Lord Four Hundred and twenty AD, Malignant I was crowned king following the tradition began by GWaTS the previous monarch. Malignant destroyed all in the bloody competition and the people began to praise him and carried him off to be crowned immediately.

Since the great Oracle had already been built and his advisors kept bothering him of this fact, Malignant decided to began building the Great Wall instead until a better wonder had come along. Early in his reign there was already discontent, so production wassacrificed in order to please the citizens of Hades' Shrine.

In honor of Malignants reign the people founded a new city and named it Malignant. Then again a wonder was built by one of those bastard human civilizations so came the endless reminders by the advisors of that fact. Malignant was not having a very good reign, in the city of Belzebuth
Nest the citizens began to riot so again production was sacrificed and great alien entertainers were hired. Finally, in Hades' Shrine Michelangelo's Chapel began to be built to shut his advisors up.
More riots began, even in the city honoring him. The people really did not like him heh.

Malignant in nearing the end of his life became love struck by a beautiful alien being and so they married in 820 AD, the king founded a city in her honor and called it Lehcar. The two begot a son Malignant II. He was too young to take the reigns of the empire and so before the King died in 840 ad, he put his son in the hands of a trusted couple to make sure that his son would live to see the day that he too was crowned. Malignant I was a good king and the people celebrated his reign. Malignant left a note for his successor prophesying the coming of a great revolution by the people.
[This message has been edited by Malignantx (edited March 08, 2001).]
Old March 11, 2001, 09:43   #58
Julius Brenzaida
King

840 ad marked the turning point in the évolution of the Alien species. It was all dark, it was all mud and then came the light. The light was all brightness and all smartness and the light liked to be called by the strange (for an alien’s ear) name of juliusbrrrrrr. The light said all was to be peace and all was to be love among the aliens. The ennemy was not inside us but on another planet. We needed to love each other and to hate the others. No more war, no more martial law, no more kingdom, but a republic and as soon as possible a democracy. Trade and science shall be our friends. Please all love each other. That very oedo’s year of 840 ad, a revolution was called and the dismantling of military units gave Hades Shrine the strenght to rushbuild the Chapel of Love.
860 AD, we’re now a happy republic. 920 AD, we discover currency. No trade, so construction is next ! 980 ad, construction discovered and 1060 ad, trade. We shall build caravans to give one another. 1080 AD, Laurakala is founded. 1140 Lover’s Bed is founded in a new continent. 1160 Banking discovered. We now head for the long term goal of theology and the Love of God. 1180 Hidden Wonder is founded in the hope that special resources might be discovered around the city. 1220 New Hope is founded in another new continent. 1240 AD Warrior Code is discovered. 1st trade route is open ! 1300 AD Wheel discovered. 1360 AD Engeneering discovered. Golden Smile founded in a new continent. 1380 Philadelphiano founded. 1400 AD juliusbrrrrr founds the city of Light of Dawn and retires there. A new ruler should now lead the Aliens to the Path of Light. The reign was 7 turns longer than it should have been, but is was blessed with too much love for anyone to complain.
Old March 11, 2001, 09:46   #59
Julius Brenzaida
King

Game sent to Sandmonkey. We’re dead last on the powergraph. I think that Scouse Gits ought to take look at what happens on earth. Smash talks about bein surprised by an AI civ building 28 cities in a game. I got the feeling that by 2000 AD, it’s going to be 28 for the small civs in this one !
Sorry for playing too many turns. I think we should stick to 20 until Apollo is build.

------------------
Old March 12, 2001, 06:48   #60
Scouse Gits
lifer
Emperor

Website updated - you were right, Julius, the Spanish now have 33 cities!

------------------
Scouse Git[1]

- Paul Craven