Old April 1, 2002, 16:52   #241
Julius Brenzaida
King

Local Time: 23:00
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Location: Currently cleaning the 9000 rooms of Sticky Mouse's Palace
Great job Mercator, but it is still a long road.
I’ve sent the game to Thoddy, who doesn’t access the web very often.
He himself or me will keep you informed.
Old April 2, 2002, 11:00   #242
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 18:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida
STYOM, yeah, we should get to the English, as I already agreed in an earlier post : forget the core cities of the Americans in Siberia and head our forces to Africa, the land of the English.
I love succession games when everyone agrees on strategy... nice work capturing all those American cities Mercator!

Seriously, it does sound like we finally have the hated earthlings on the run. Can't wait for my turns.

Oh, also... should we assume that global warming on Earth will also cause global warming on Centaurus? I didn't think we had polluted Centaurus enough for that to happen...

STYOM

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old April 4, 2002, 09:14   #243
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 01:00
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man

I love succession games when everyone agrees on strategy... nice work capturing all those American cities Mercator!
Sorry about that, I got carried away. Well, I first wanted to build a railroad to the English. But for that, I first had to build Mupbu (or rather send them over after they had finished cleaning up pollution on Centaurus), and some supportive Magogs... So I decided to cause some trouble to the Americans in the mean time.

We'd have to get rid of them anyway... And moreover, once the English are gone, the Americans will be the last civ (the one that primarily prevents us from building new units).

Quote:
Seriously, it does sound like we finally have the hated earthlings on the run. Can't wait for my turns.
There's plenty of killing to do. We have a secure position, but it'll take a while before everyone's done in.
Old April 4, 2002, 09:42   #244
Thoddy
Warlord

Local Time: 00:00
I hope to play my turns this weekend.
But I only have a few hours for my own and a turn last about a half hour.

And I have to split this time to get my scen project forward. It's more complicated as I previously tought. I think It's almost impossible to get techs unresearchable and untradeable, the enable tech event dont work properly.
Old April 5, 2002, 03:45   #245
Thoddy
Warlord

Only 2025 turn:
In 2025 Thoddy became the alien Warlord.
116 cities with 2551 Inhabitants has been found.

The 1st Problem I saw was. 40 cities starve-we are about to lose 7 mupbus by this reason. 10 cities has zero growth.
And global warming is raising.
The AI cities also starve from a lot of cityscreens I looked inside with spys. But the problem is- AI cities get food on Deity from nothing.

My first decision was to rushbuild 14 new Mupbus and trying to rehome the 7 problematic ones. We have a nearly completed railroad to the English. So all possible Mupbus/Engineers clean up pollution. I afraid we will lose most of our Mupbus within the next round of global warming.

On the warfront:
Spys nuked american Cities
Kansas city, Issos, Capua, Genova, Minneapolis
and the 1st english city in Egypt (I dont take this city).
Another 12 spys nailed in attempts of doing so. 4 Attempts on Boston failed.
Take most of of the cities additional Las vegas only with Magogs. About 30 units (Partisans and so on) killed without using the bomb spy and about 40 units within nuked cities. All spys looked inside cities before nuking it, to seek out the best target.

Building orders:
Rebuild tons of spys, magogs additional more transports in Earthcities for better reinforcements and pollution preventing improvements when necessary. Lots of rushbuild jobs - funds drops below 200.000 gold.

AI turn: No loss of cities only 3 Magogs killed.

The comprehensive micromanagement last about 2 hours for only one turn.
Old April 8, 2002, 05:55   #246
Thoddy
Warlord

Lisbon taken with an combined attack of spy and dreadnought. Rushbuild transport for quick reinforcements.
Take Baltimore without nuking it. Only 5 units inside. Spy destroys city walls. Magogs take over the city.
Also killed a lot (~30) american nomads wandering around the map. Our troops on Earth has been heavily reinforced, add some Mupbus. Begin to cleanup pollution on Earth.
AI Turn: About 15 AI-units were killed. Only 4 losses on our side.
Take Boston, Dallas, Buffalo- without nukes,
Boston (11 units inside) -with nukes)
AI Turn: Americans nuke Dallas (only 2 units killed) without taking city
Next round of global warming. I hate it. A lot of Niemandsland (no mans land?) with zero food appeears on AC .
More than 50 % of our cities starving.
Positive: no settler lost within this turn. But rehoming is neccessary. (I identified 4 mupbus that belong to starving cities)
Massive reinforcments from AC through our new transportimprovements.
Our Magogs take the american cities Denver, Philadelphia, Cremona an Richmond without the use of the nuking spy. Spys only used to get informations about defenders.
About 20 units inside this cities where annihilated. The Magogs can take out every enemy unit with 2/3 movementspoints left. About 25 Partisans killed. In this case I use magogs with 1/3 movemetpoints left. Only 1 Magog killed by another Magog as defender.
I think we can destroy the americans within 5 turns.
Cities on spanish and english front get some reinforcements.
Yaroslawl builds a Transportship and gets Magogs to form a new invasionforce.
Mupbus cleanup pollution. Dont forget to build some railroads between the northern cities and the south, for quick movement.

Last edited by Thoddy; April 9, 2002 at 05:18.
Old April 9, 2002, 10:38   #247
Julius Brenzaida
King

Keep on the great job Thoddy
Old April 10, 2002, 07:49   #248
Julius Brenzaida
King

Thoddy can't play more turns for now.
Here's is latest comments and the saved game.
STYOM, you're next. Good luck !

"Aditional:
look for the mupbus from starving cities, If I remember right Fairichi is one
of these cities.
I also build some Mupbus in starving cities. Join them to no starving Earth
cities because we cannot build settler units on Earth."
Attached Files:
File Type: zip zz_a2028.zip (141.0 KB, 3 views)
Old April 10, 2002, 11:48   #249
King

I'm on the case. I have some time over the weekend... however, this may take more than 'some' time!

Not that anyone has a right to complain!

STYOM

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old April 11, 2002, 18:19   #250
proffessor_ben
Settler

Superb
What a truly great game!!!!
I have to say I didn't think you could do it. Back there in the dark days before the invasion it looked to be an insurmountable task.
But through persiverance, hard work and an obscene amount of suitcase nukes the tide has turned in your favour.
Fair play.
Yours
The Proff.
Old April 15, 2002, 08:28   #251
King

Quick update.
Well past his "best before" date, STYOA is again summoned to guide Zzzzyyx's war machine.

Well, who would have thought that global warming on Earth would also mean global warming on AC? That's not logical. Otherwise, our plan to pollute the earth was brilliant... BRILLIANT, I say! Oh well, live and learn

City Count shows 131 cities in our glorious empire. Unit count: 342, including 180 Magogs. This is MUCH improved. Well done Julius, Marcel, Mercator, Thoddy! Assuming we garrison each city with a Magog, we have a strike force of 50 Magogs.

In case La Fayette is reading this, we have sustained 321 casualties in the war, including 26 spies, 37 Drakons, 30 Dreadnoughts and 56 Magogs!

Americans: 1003 units lost, including 238 Partisans, 152 Stealth Bombers, 50 Eightballs, 71 Drakons...

Russians: 604 units lost, including 98 Dreadnoughts, 53 Drakon, 69 Kestrels, 99 Stealth Bombers, 53 Partisans...

English: 518 units lost, including 76 Dreadnoughts, 105 Drakons, 86 Kestrels, 80 Stealth Bombers...

Spanish: 194 units lost, including 32 Drakon, 27 Kestrels, 15 Aegis Cruisers. Their time will come. :

Gosh, the AI certainly likes to build those helicopter-type units, doesn't it? I think we can safely assume that the vast majority of human casualties were sustained against us

Priorities:
1) With 198 polluted squares on the map, continued cleanup. If we can bribe some enemy Colonists as non-units, even better.

2) No more suitcase nuking... unless absolutely needed. Instead, build more Magogs and use those. Hopefully at some point our spies can begin to bribe, what with having 187,000 gold in the bank... Build more spies, too.

3) Eliminate Americans ASAP! They look to have only a dozen or so cities left in Eurasia.

4) Consolidate foothold in Spanish North America, and island-hop our way to Australia.

2028: Global warming message appears as soon as I hit enter.

Russians waste 2 Stealth Bombers attacking Brandenburg.

Americans lose 2 units attacking a Magog, we lose another Magog. Americans nuke Richmond, killing an uncertain number of units. Americans recapture Richmond. A few American Stealth Bombers are destroyed attacking Philadelphia.

English lose a few units attacking cities in Asia.

2029:

Lots of things are built. Recycling Centres are incrementally rushed in a few places. Focus is on building Mupbus in cities with a food surplus; otherwise Magogs and Spies.

Our Spy suitcase nukes Cremona. So much for that resolution. Teleporter paradrops and captures Cremona. Production in a few cases switched to Teleporters - they can capture cities that aren't connected by rail easily, and they're a bit easier (and faster) to move across gigamaps than air units would be. Cremona destroyed.

Capua (English) suitcase nuked and captured. STYOA rationalizes this... the city had about 17 units in it, and the land was polluted already.

Help me out here... if we have the Hoover Dam, why do we also have Power, Hydro and Nuke plants?

Cannae (Spanish) suitcase nuked. No reason, just because... Cannae captured yielding 3680 gold.

Americans nuke St Louis. Hey, why wasn't there an SDI built there? No other losses.

2030: Granaries sold.

Cannae (American) captured. Richmond (American) recaptured. Cunaxa (American) captured. Phoenix captured. Chicago (Women's Suffrage) captured. Crete (American) captured. Only 5 American cities remain, 4 in Europe and 1 in remote Siberia.

Spanish bribe back Cannae and Lisbon :embarassed:

2031: Genoa (American) captured. Portland (English) captured. Cannae retaken from Spanish.

2032: Spanish retake Cannae. English recapture Portland.

Lots of time spent positioning Magogs from the Far East to the Middle East. STYOM curses the GoTo command, loud and long.

Terrible battles fought on English border. Some Magogs lost, but we hold our own.

2033: Verona (American) captured. Polluted squares down to 150. Savage fighting on English border, heavily reinforced with Magogs. Spanish Magogs detroyed near Shabby Doll, Horse Feathers and Monket Business. We reinforce these towns with an airlifted Magogs, and more will be flown in next turn.

STYOM has 5 turns left, and thinks those will be 5 more productive turns.

I didn't see the too many units message even once!

STYOM

Old April 15, 2002, 09:40   #252
Julius Brenzaida
King

Nice work STYOM, keep on fighting. And great story too.
I am afraid nuking everybody is quite addictive
For the Hoover question, I think this wonder expires after some tech in the extended version,
I'm not sure earth pollution is causing pollution on alpha; we had our own pollution there
Had it not started earlier on earth
Old April 15, 2002, 10:56   #253
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

STYOM - can you build power plants - if so then Julius is right, if not the ones you have predate Hoover's or are part of the plunder from capturing the city - sell them at once!

Great game guys ...
Old April 15, 2002, 19:21   #254
Mercator
Emperor

Quote:
Help me out here... if we have the Hoover Dam, why do we also have Power, Hydro and Nuke plants?
We acquired the Hoover Dam only recently (I captured it), IIRC it's located in New York. I didn't want to sell any of the plants, because I wasn't too sure I'd be able to hold on to it.
Pretty much all plants were built before we got it.

Quote:
For the Hoover question, I think this wonder expires after some tech in the extended version,
Nope (just checked the Civilopedia).

By the way, does the Hoover Dam (or any other wonder, for that matter) have effect on all worlds, or only on the world it is located in?
Old April 16, 2002, 01:14   #255
King

Thanks for the info guys. I wasn't sure whether HD expires after Hyperentropics is discovered or something like that - or, for that matter, whether it'll work with our Home World cities. I'll try selling a couple of improvements before I sell them all, and let you know the result. I think the Hoover Dam is pretty secure now, with the Americans almost finished.

Julius, I didn't realize that AC had been polluted badly. I think you're right re: GW on Earth and AC . Nonetheless it's still pretty messed up, back home.. you'll see soon enough. Lots of dead tiles, as Thoddy mentioned.

Man, this IS addicting! I should have my turns finished pretty soon. I actually like the AI's turns better than my own, just because I'm never quite sure where the attack's coming from, and in what strength. SG, you would be proud of the English, for the defense they've put up so far. There's nothing like the suspense of having 8 Magogs in a rivered fortress, and then watching them all get knocked down deep into the red by English Magog and Eightball attacks. I was thinking that if the English had really wanted, they could have killed all those Magogs and knocked me right back out of Africa... the city defenses behind the fortress were puny by comparison. And it looked like the attacks would just keep coming... ... just like the AI, to let me off the ropes.

The Spanish have thrown some nice scares into me on their turns, as well. My own turns are mostly long "GoTo" clicking exhibitions moving Magogs along the railroads. The tension in my turns comes mainly from the race against time to clean pollution... that sun is getting really big and yellow-white

STYOM

Old April 18, 2002, 06:27   #256
Thoddy
Warlord

Quote:
STYOM
Spanish bribe back Cannae and Lisbon :embarassed:
use a double stack to prevent this and destroy surrounding RR

We are the bad boys.
Old April 19, 2002, 09:56   #257
King

re: double stack... that's been working well against the English, but the Spanish have the advantage in numbers in Central America. Even multiple units in fortresses become casualties!

Here comes the save...

Old April 19, 2002, 10:07   #258
King

Site's back up...
STYOA returns from visiting the Central American front, where fighting is heavy against the Spanish. Fortified with an indigenous drink the locals call 'T'Quilla', STYOA resumes the fight against the filthy humans.

2033:

Surprisingly ineffective AI attacks. Americans nuke Atlanta. Heavy fighting in North Africa; again, we win more than we lose.

2034:

More heavy fighting in English North Africa. Rivered fortresses are the only thing that keeps us from being chucked out of the continent.

Turin (American) captured. Magogs draw near Seattle and Naples, and to the Russian cities in the Middle East. Cannae (Russian) captured and destroyed.

Russian Stealth Bomber flies 12 squares and attacks our only uncovered Mupbu within range Otherwise, another good round (for us!) of AI attacks.

2035:

I experimented last turn with food Freights. I seldom if ever use them, normally. But then, I asked myself,

"What would Xin Yu do?"

I sent a food Freight from Belzebuth Nest to the starving city of Farichi. Population increased, and half the food box filled up (since we have Pyramids, we keep half the food box filled when a city grows). Since Farichi only has a shortage of 2 food/turn, that solves the the food crisis there. I'm going to try to build food Caravans to solve the food problem on our Homeworld. I've been sending most Mupbu to earth in order to clear pollution... the starving cities problem will never end until the pollution is gone.

Naples (American) captured. Lisbon (Spanish) liberated. Cannae (Spanish) liberated.

Russians and English sign peace treaty.

Spanish recapture Cannae and Lisbon. Man, those two towns are taking a beating.

2036:

Portland (English) liberated.

Russians destroy 2 of our Magogs north of their Middle Eastern enclave. If I wasn't busy using our Mupbu for cleanup, we'd have a railroad right into that area by now and we'd own those cities.

2037:

Seattle (Statue of Liberty) captured. American spaceship returns to Earth

American civilization DESTROYED

Final losses for Americans: 1117 units lost (52 Eightballs, 33 Magogs, 103 Cyborgs, 73 Drakons, 52 Kestrels, 166 Stealth Bombers, 50 Armor, 255 Partisans... I'd be willing to bet that the Partisan number is actually higher, but at 255 due to program limits).

Hydro Plants sold, Nuclear Plants sold (on earth). Buffalo (Hoover Dam) reinforced.

Polluted Squares down to 71.

We begin bombardment of the English cities Portsmouth, Reading, Issus, Cambridge, Richmond, Leeds, and Exeter - the aim is to deplete their units and then capture several cities at once without fear of a counterattack. If not on a river or other defensive terrain, nothing can resist a Magog attack. Nothing. None of our attackers drop below 1/2 their h.p.; almost all are still in the green.

Several food Freights are delivered. Starvation averted in a few cities - this is certainly less work than rehoming Mupbu.

Russians attack us fruitlessly in the Middle East, near their cities there. Also, the Russians have a LOT of sea units in the Indonesian area. It's going to be rough going to make a seaborne invasion work.

Spanish kill our Magogs in Central America.

English lose a few air units attacking our forces in Asia. The fact that they didn't attack in Africa suggests they're weakening.

2038:

More bombardment of English cities. Dozens of units killed with negligible losses on our side. London bombarded - another sign of English weakness; their railroads are clear, few defenders to be seen.

London (J.S. Bach) captured; 5253 gold. English government flees to Oxford. How unChurchillian.

Cunaxa, Issus, Richmond, Portsmouth, Kuibyshev, Leicester, Birmingham, Reading, Exeter, Leeds (all English) captured. Most of them don't have SDI! Many human slaves are quickly put to work rushbuilding those.

Carlisle bombarded by Magogs.

In a blind stupor from too much human liquor, STYOA reels off into retirement clutching plunder from the human lands (a Rolls-Royce from the English, season tickets to the "Yhan-Quis" from the Americans, and the ubiquitous "T'Quilla" from the Spanish), secure in the knowledge that his successors will ruthlessly smite the remaining human cities in the years to come.

City count went to 154 from 131... unit count to 510 from 342, including 84 Mupbu and 282 Magogs. The Aliens definitely have the humans on the run now.

English unit losses are up to 828. 310 units lost in 10 turns... that's bad. They're not long for this world.

Pollution on earth can probably be eliminated totally in another 2 or 3 turns.

Watch out for the Spanish in Central America. They're massing for what I assume to be an attack. We have some units in Indonesia in fortresses, which will have to be convoyed to Russian cities.

Our Magogs are spread out all over Africa, but the situation seems well in hand there. I expect some nuking though, due to the lack of SDI in many of the cities we captured.

Over to you, Julius...

STYOM

Old April 19, 2002, 10:23   #259
King

Zip didn't load...
Attached Files:
File Type: zip zz_a2038.zip (133.8 KB, 3 views)

Old April 19, 2002, 10:24   #260
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Great work STYOM
Old April 19, 2002, 16:38   #261
Julius Brenzaida
King

I have the game, but please be patient
Next to the real life, I've got the hellenistic succession game and the crusader one to play.
But as it took us some time to reach earth and pollute it, I expect you to remember that time is on our side.
Old April 20, 2002, 05:30   #262
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Let me butt in for a sec -- I know from standard extended games that global warming on Earth 'leaks' somehow to Alpha Centauri; even if you have lots of solar plants on Earth, for some reason they don't apply to the 'leaked' warming. Have you tried building solar plants on AC? It appeared to be a successful fix in my games.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old April 20, 2002, 11:20   #263
King

A ha! I suspected that GW was leaking to AC! Thanks for corroborating my hypothesis, MM

The other odd thing I noticed about this game is that normally, the negative applied to your score due to pollution is -10 per square. Do solar plants affect this figure? If not, then something's screwy with the scoring... we had -310 for pollution last time I checked, and there is WAY more pollution than 31 squares still on the board.

As for you, Julius, the first step towards overcoming an addiction (succession games) is admitting that you have a problem

STYOM

Old April 23, 2002, 10:06   #264
Julius Brenzaida
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
As for you, Julius, the first step towards overcoming an addiction (succession games) is admitting that you have a problem
STYOM
Yeah, but I am not sure it should be near enough
Old May 4, 2002, 07:41   #265
Julius Brenzaida
King

2038 What the *** has someone let me in. I hit end of turn and then the English nuke 5 cities without taking them and recapture London ! Eh that was their own people down there that they killed. Thanks for building the SDI, but one turn too late !
Not a good way to start ! Anyway, here’s my plan : there’s too much pollution to fight against, let’s attack with what we’ve got and use our money to bribe at any cost, those AIs are not in democracy are they ? Let’s build magogs and spies and kill them all. But one, by one : 1st the english, Tony B. has played enough with the atoms. We kill every defenders we can with magogs (only 30 of them left, what happened is it only the nuke losses or do we have 255+30), but don’t capture cities immediatly. The nuclear counterattacks may kill too many units, move them first and capture the cities one turn later will be our politic.
Turns will take forever but I shall keep you informed.
Old May 4, 2002, 08:06   #266
Mercator
Emperor

Quote:
... those AIs are not in democracy are they ?
AFAIK, they still are. I think the main reason for that is the large amount of cash they have (thanks to your no-limits patch ).
Old May 4, 2002, 14:15   #267
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Julius Brenzaida
2038 What the *** has someone let me in. I hit end of turn and then the English nuke 5 cities without taking them and recapture London ! Eh that was their own people down there that they killed. Thanks for building the SDI, but one turn too late !
Not a good way to start ! Anyway, here’s my plan : there’s too much pollution to fight against, let’s attack with what we’ve got and use our money to bribe at any cost, those AIs are not in democracy are they ? Let’s build magogs and spies and kill them all. But one, by one : 1st the english, Tony B. has played enough with the atoms. We kill every defenders we can with magogs (only 30 of them left, what happened is it only the nuke losses or do we have 255+30), but don’t capture cities immediatly. The nuclear counterattacks may kill too many units, move them first and capture the cities one turn later will be our politic.
Turns will take forever but I shall keep you informed.

Well, I did warn you in my log entry there'd be some nuking! Thus, I tried to keep as many Magogs out of the fallout radius as possible. I doubt we lost more than 10 Magogs to the retaliatory strikes... there were 282 at the end of my turn, so we netted 3 more, from new construction. Definitely well over 30.

And oh yes, Spies won't help, everyone's in Demo, the Americans stayed in Demo right down to when they had only 1 city left

STOP CLEANING POLLUTION??? NO WAY! Not after I spent 10 turns moving Mupbus around cleaning up the mess you guys made... with all those suitcase nukes! With 80 Mupbus you should have Asia clean in a few turns.

Of course, this is a succession game That's just my advice... of course... nothing more than advice...

STYOM

Old May 6, 2002, 17:46   #268
Julius Brenzaida
King

2039 We have 285 magogs, but they are all in democracy ! We capture the English city of Carlisles. Hell (aka as magogs) is falling on the English. We begin building an highway from Peru to North America and in the alpha continent connecting to Russia. Mbupus and dozens of Magogs on the way.
2040 We capture Canterbury, Newcastle, York, London, Liverpool, Gloucester all in Africa and rushbuild SDI’s.
Russian cities of Crete destroyed in Pakistan. Issus, Bonn and Cunaxa captured there too.
2041 We capture Hastings, Ipswich , Berwick and Brighton.
2042 Ipswich is nuked (oups thought they had SDI). Notthingham and Naples captured.
2043 Norwich, Dover and Coventry captured.
2044 Oxford, Warwick and Manchester captured. English governement flies twice ! We land in Indonesia to attack the Russians. Our transport are sunk but they’ve had time to disembark their troops.
2045 Despite all our efforts, ice melting strikes again on Alpha Centauri. The pollution counter has disappeared, maybe it can’t get worse. Russian city of Verona destroyed in Indonesia. We capture Bristol, the last english city in southern Africa.
I still want to play some turns later in the week. In a few turns both a hundred magogs shall attack the Spanish and the Russians. Our fire power is tremendous !
Old May 8, 2002, 09:19   #269
Julius Brenzaida
King

2046 Pollution warning again on Alpha. Nothing to do about it, we won’t clean Africa soon enough. Hopefully we got enough settlers to build our railroads. We also decide to build a strong navy for the Pacific. For now, the Russians rule there and our dreadnoughts are no matches.
2047 We capture the spanish cities of Cannae and Lisbon in Mexico. It’s our 1st wave of Magogs there. We capture the English city of Tula in Madagascar.
2048 We destroy the spanish city of Cordoba on Alpha Centauri and capture the Russian city of Genoa there. We capture the russian city of Kursk in Borneo.
2049 Russian nuke Kurks and take it with paratroopers. Nice tactic. We destroy another russian city in Alpha Centauri. We capture the russian city of Rostov in Australia and leave it empty as it has no SDI. We get Kazan too. We got a beach head.
2050 About 100 magogs are invading Australia, thanks to portals and a great planification. We capture Riga, Vitebsk, Yakutsk, Saint-Petersburg, Sevastopol, Minsk, Novgorod, Sverdolvsk, Odessa, Smolensk, Moscow, Kiev, Astrakhan, Krasnoyarks, Tbilisi, Vladivostok, Magnitogorsk and Krasnovdorsk. The greatest campaign I’ve ever lead. We also capture the English city of Cremona in north West Africa and the Spanish one of Crete in Texas. Both civs are should be down in the next turns.
Old May 8, 2002, 09:21   #270
Julius Brenzaida
King

Oups, sorry, I was enjoying myself too much and played one turn too many. It is my successor who should have the honor to finish them off. There is a Xaos missile in Kazan and a transport full of units near the 1 square Island of Kalilin, see the tactic ? Expect a counter attack from the spanish, they can still put a fight for a few turns. But once (in 3 or 4 turns) we complete the railroad from Peru to Mexico, about a hundred more Magogs should join the combat zone and overwhelm the Spanish. There is “a few” polluted square to clean up in Africa to improve our score. And whoever plays next should be kind enough to provide the stats of casualties before destroying the last city of each 3 AI civ or at least to put the saved game to let me do it. It has been the bloodiest war I have ever seen. But now I’m confident we’ll win it soon. The toughest might be to get to scattered cities on Alpha. Magogs with their native teleports should be quick enough, or a fleet of dreadnoughts rushbuild.