Old October 19, 2003, 02:58   #1
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 10:51
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Knesset Election for President
Ok, since the President thread has been done for a while, I shall now ask each knesset member to vote for who they want to be President. The nominees are Ben Kenobi and Conmcb25.

When the game is going, we can arrange for a Basic Law to more clearly define this process.

Knesset Members:
1. PinkyGen
2. Conmcb25
3. Ben Kenobi
4. EmuGod
5. Stalin II

I vote for my friend and ally, Concmb25.

(This isn't to say all of you aren't my friends. However, I know not all of you are my allies. )
Old October 19, 2003, 03:29   #2
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 02:51
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
Conmcb for President.
Down with the pacifists.
Old October 19, 2003, 05:03   #3
sirsnuggles
Civilization II Succession Games
Warlord

Quote:
Down with the pacifists.

Grrrrrrrr.....
Old October 19, 2003, 09:02   #4
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 06:51
This is a knesset election only right now, that may change in the future.

How long do we have to vote? Im sort of waiting for panag to come back, I want to hear his speech........

have a nice day
Old October 19, 2003, 13:11   #5
PinkyGen
Prince

Only knesset members may vote, so I ask non-knesset members to stump elsewhere.

It ends when all knesset members have voted, I am willing to give it a few days, but I'm certainly not delaying it in hopes Panag comes back. (Indeed, I hope he does not).
Old October 19, 2003, 13:18   #6
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 12:51
Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
Only knesset members may vote, so I ask non-knesset members to stump elsewhere.

It ends when all knesset members have voted, I am willing to give it a few days, but I'm certainly not delaying it in hopes Panag comes back. (Indeed, I hope he does not).
hi ,

thank you for your support pinky

have a nice day
Old October 19, 2003, 15:44   #7
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

One minute....I don't think it is right to allow someone to run for President if they already have a defined role in the knesset such as economic minister, defence minister etc. The point of the two separate roles is to give two people jobs in the knesset and it would be unfair to everyone if someone with a defined role in the knesset could take another position.
Old October 19, 2003, 16:35   #8
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by EmuGod
One minute....I don't think it is right to allow someone to run for President if they already have a defined role in the knesset such as economic minister, defence minister etc. The point of the two separate roles is to give two people jobs in the knesset and it would be unfair to everyone if someone with a defined role in the knesset could take another position.
We dont have that do we Emu?

I dont have a job, Ben doesn't have a job and panag certainly doesan't have a job, so again Im missing your point here?
Old October 19, 2003, 16:49   #9
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Nobody who is running has a current job.
Old October 19, 2003, 18:43   #10
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
Sorry. I did not see that only Kenesset members were supposed to vote.
Old October 19, 2003, 19:43   #11
EmuGod
Prince

I confused myself for a minute there between the cabinet and knesset. Also, panag is not a candidate unless one of the knesset members nominates him and I don't think any of us did that.
Old October 19, 2003, 20:40   #12
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
I confused myself for a minute there between the cabinet and knesset. Also, panag is not a candidate unless one of the knesset members nominates him and I don't think any of us did that.
I did the other day BUT he hasn't accepted yet.

You gonna vote EMU?
Old October 19, 2003, 20:41   #13
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by POTUS
Sorry. I did not see that only Kenesset members were supposed to vote.
No problem, but with this being a Demo game I think Im going to push for all of us to vote whether that is true in Israel or not. Just seems fairer that way to me.

We are gonna do a poll on this before the first 6 months (game time) is up.
Old October 19, 2003, 22:31   #14
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 05:51
/me uses the force to influence Ben Kenobi to vote.

Looks like Ben Kenobi gets a vote.
Old October 19, 2003, 23:01   #15
PinkyGen
Prince

That's two votes. I'd appreciate the other three voting.
Old October 20, 2003, 04:28   #16
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

Conmcb25 for president!!
Old October 20, 2003, 10:16   #17
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

So far its conmcb25 -2 votes
Ben Kenobi -1 vote

Emu, Im not voting until you do, Whats your vote?
Old October 20, 2003, 17:38   #18
EmuGod
Prince

After careful consideration, I've decided to vote for conmcb25 since he has been instrumental in getting the coalition together and in planning out the democracy game.
Old October 20, 2003, 18:01   #19
PinkyGen
Prince

Congradulations to our new President.

Old October 20, 2003, 18:05   #20
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

I guess I dont have to vote then, and since PinkyGen told me yesterday, I had to behave then I guess I wont vote afteralll.......
Old October 20, 2003, 18:54   #21
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
I guess I dont have to vote then, and since PinkyGen told me yesterday, I had to behave then I guess I wont vote afteralll.......
You need to set an example now.
Old October 20, 2003, 19:13   #22
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

But its SO hard!
Old October 25, 2003, 14:37   #23
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 05:51
The Harmony Party also welcomes their new President and exhorts him to be a moral example for all Israelis.

Congratualtions, Conmcb.