Old October 19, 2003, 15:15   #1
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 04:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Oct19 trade offer from Hive
Greetings Captain Makahlua,

I would like to congratulate your on your democratic ascension to the leadership of PEACE. The Central Continuing Committee has high hopes for replenishing relations with PEACE and entering into a new era of prosperity for both our factions.

In order to usher in this new era of relations the Human Hive wishes to propose a trade offer to PEACE. We wish to acquire Adaptive Economic, in order to construct the Planetary Energy Grid, in exchange we offer you Environmental Engineering. The reason for this trade would be that it benefits both factions by amalgamating our research efforts. Furthermore it weakens the grip on technological advance that the University holds, and would allow both our factions (through tech trade) to become less dependant on research factions.

May the Human Hive and PEACE exist in friendship and brotherhood for a thousand years!

Voltaire,

Chairman of the Central Continuing Committee
Old October 19, 2003, 15:20   #2
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Personally, My view is that if the Hive gets the PEG, they are very much on their way to winning this thing

The contrary view is that if we are not going to build it, Environmental Engineering is a very good tech to get-- Frankly its one of my very favorite techs to get

If this were just a straight trade, I would say go for it and make sure we rushed the PEG before them, but they have stated their desire to build the PEG as what I would call part of then deal. Obviously we could try to work a backstab on them where we complete the trade but rush the PEG but frankly I don't want our rep going crappy
Old October 19, 2003, 20:37   #3
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 11:53
I agree with JDM and all of us pirates on this. This is our SP. My inclination is to build it at L'il Accident(9 mins) and ship crawlers in. I reckon by 5 turns from now when we discover Adaptive Econ that we will have a good chance to complete.

Note interesting thing with the AI mix up yesterday, the AI choice of Planned and simple was productive re Cruiser probe and I presume other build programmes. But it did cost 95 ecs? Probably 80 in 2 turns. Then going back again would cost us another 80.

Ecol eng tech. see post in 2140-2160 thread.
Old October 21, 2003, 19:49   #4
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

What's our current state of play regarding diplomacy with the Hive. I have just noted Kody has stepped down as Ambassador but no successor appointed as yet.
Old October 21, 2003, 22:03   #5
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

And we've started producing the PEG, correct?

I say if the Hive are willing to trade after we've gotten the PEG built that we should trade it, but we shouldn't prior for the fact of diplomatic relations (and the need to be the only one with the option/possibility of building the PEG.)

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old October 22, 2003, 06:37   #6
Hercules
Deity

No we haven't started building the PEG yet. don't you ever open the turn Flameflash
Old October 22, 2003, 09:32   #7
Flubber
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
What's our current state of play regarding diplomacy with the Hive. I have just noted Kody has stepped down as Ambassador but no successor appointed as yet.
No messages recently-- I responded to this message with a note saying we would take it to our council of captains-- Unless the sentiment changes drastically here, I will refuse their trade offer and begin inquiring as to other possible trades . ..