Old October 20, 2003, 05:43   #1
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Local Time: 11:57
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Science forum:
Hi peasants,

Your beloved Caesar is giving you an opportunity to voice your opinion. We finished to research Feudalism, giving Us the opportunity to train knights and pikeman.
We give you the opportunity to voice your opinion if we shall research Concrete (5 turns), Bureaucracy (14 turns) or shipbuilding.

We decided to follow for the moment Concrete as this will allow Us in the next step to introduce the Aqueduct, giving us the possibility to increase our growths and feed you better.
The next step behind would be Agricultural Revolution, which would allow Us to get you working better with mills (sp), in other words increase your productivity. This will also allow the introduction of bigger farms. We are concerned that We might not be able to feed you.

Please voice your opinion here:
Old October 20, 2003, 11:47   #2
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 03:57
We can worry about feeding the citizens when the wars are over. If they want to eat let them join the army!!!!!

I say make the quickest path to gunpowder.
Old October 20, 2003, 11:53   #3
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 12:57
How many turns for shipbuilding? If it just one turn then take it, as it will lead us to new technologies that are also useful on the land. Otherwise go for Concrete, who needs Bureaucracy we just abollished it here.

-Martin
Old October 20, 2003, 13:21   #4
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Shipbuilding takes 3 turns. Concrede only 2 more (5).

This horrible new stuff 14 turns.
Old October 20, 2003, 13:36   #5
Gilgamensch
King

double post
Old October 20, 2003, 13:39   #6
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

So Concrete looks like the best chioce we have here, but it looks out that we are running out of advances, we were used to be able to select an advance from a list of four advances. So if next time we just have ship building and this bureaucratic stuff we should go for less Bureaucracy at least it is cheap then.

-Martin
Old October 20, 2003, 15:57   #7
Gilgamensch
King

OK, did a quick check:

After concrete, the last useful (beside the way to republic) is agricatural revolution.
Old October 20, 2003, 21:14   #8
Tamerlin
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Dear Senators,

I don't agree at all with your vision of our future. We have given the absolute power to the enlightened Gilgamensch for him to save us of a dire threat. Why should we research Shipbuilding when we have not yet reach seas to sail on? What is the point of building aqueducts when our childrens are not dying because of thirst but because of the weapons wielded by the ennemy soldiers?

Because we have rejected the old and dusty bureaucracy of our predecessors does not mean we should not strive to manage our empire more efficiently. A republic with a strong leader could lead us to new heights thanks to an increased growth, an improved production and an increased science.

More growth and production would help us build more units and overwhelm the defences of our ennemies while the increased science would make up for the longer research time.

This is why I would advise you, noble leader, to research bureaucracy.

Tamerlinus
Old November 3, 2003, 10:36   #9
Gilgamensch
King

Just if you my peasants didn't read through the turn-chats:

Our brave hoplite uncovered rolls of wisdom and found Republic and therefore as well bureaucracy.

In 820 BC Our scientist revealed the secrets of concrete.

We told the scientist to research the path of Agricultural Revolution, which is 14 turns away.
Old November 5, 2003, 06:24   #10
child of Thor
Emperor

Local Time: 10:57
Dread Emperor, it is this humble peasants notion that at the momment any science that would give our small nation an edge as we are stuck between more powerfull nations. Military concerns first,and any advances that lead that way, and with a bit of luck we may survive
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old November 5, 2003, 06:30   #11
Gilgamensch
King

My Dear CoT,

could you please precise a little bit more what you have in your mind?

Which concept of military unit are you dreaming off?
Please let us know, that we might envision Our scientist with it.

Our scientist seem to be very reluctant to come up with new ideas, so We would appreaciate any new input. I think We might consider a new form of appreciation:

New or
Old November 5, 2003, 11:05   #12
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 03:57
Here's an idea for you my Emperor throw CoT in the stockade...

I again say research anything that will put us in the path towards gunpowder.
Old November 5, 2003, 13:01   #13
child of Thor
Emperor

Local Time: 10:57
hmmm........... well brave centrifuge could lead a proto-type band of kamikaze mounted horse that breathed fire like ye dragon?

well i'm just a peasant - so i dont know much beyond good types of mud, but i had a vision of vast turnip fields and over this wonderfully fertile field, an army marched. It had weird otherworldly weapons and armour, much bigger and better than the enemy it faced.

The battle ended quickly - the strange looking army easily defeated its enemy.

And the poor turnips were ruined

Still i think we should ask our scientists for bigger and better weapons - anything will do but i guess land based inventions would be most useful for the time being.

Glad to be of service - but i better get back to my lovely mud Great Emperor
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old November 20, 2003, 07:09   #14
Gilgamensch
King

As Our scientist are fairly close to finish Agricultural Revolution (7 turns away), I would like to know what people are thinking, what Our scientist shall concentrate on next?

We suggest that they shall research sea-fearing (?) as dreams reveal, thank you Our muddy peasant CoT, that Our Empire might get better military units, which will enable Us to defend us better against those babarian hordes around us.

Voice your opinion please:
Old November 20, 2003, 12:38   #15
Tamerlin
King

Noble leader,

The problem is I don't have the least of an idea about the choices the auguries will propose us after we finished the Agricultural Revolution. Though we don't have any seas to sail I think we should go for Sea-faring as we will need this knowledge to access new technologies and new weapons.