Old January 8, 2004, 12:10   #31
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 11:58
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Heres my opinion WAIT!!! you have been warned, wished I had

It is a great idea and will perhaps one day become a very good game, but at the moment it needs severe patching and a manual of some use. That being said these things are supposed to be on the way, but already several promises seem to have not been delivered on.

I will keep my copy and wait and see but for now its just so full of bugs I'd say its unplayable.

If I had anything better to say I would have posted sooner but I was waiting to see what the first patch provides. As soon as it does arrive I'll let you know if my posistion has changed any
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old January 14, 2004, 07:08   #32
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Another week passes and still no word of when a patch will be released for this game.

Save your money for now, its virtually unplayable as it is!
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old January 14, 2004, 07:31   #33
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Sadly, this no longer surprises me.
Old January 14, 2004, 09:46   #34
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 10:58
Doesn't even start for me.

Good thing I didn't buy it.

Do It Ourselves
Old February 15, 2004, 21:04   #35
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 04:58
Apparently the patch is out, did it make the game playable?
Old February 15, 2004, 22:41   #36
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 05:58
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
It is a great idea and will perhaps one day become a very good game, but at the moment it needs severe patching and a manual of some use. That being said these things are supposed to be on the way, but already several promises seem to have not been delivered on.
Apparently they didn't take just a designer from Paradox. (though paradox games aren't unplayable from release at least)
Old February 16, 2004, 04:11   #37
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Sorry Guys for not getting back to you as promised,

Ive been very busy playing some conquests PBEM's.

They have released a first patch which does clear up quite a lot of the release bugs. Their is a second patch in the works, though some foreign language versions are still waiting for patch one to arrive.

their is a new online manual which can be downloaded, which is fine if you have internet with fast speed, as it quite a size. A link for this is onthe games offial site. I believe there are many typos in this and they are looking for feedback from English speakers.

A grand campaign mode was released a few weeks ago. You can play either a strtegic mode or political mode game for the entire timeline of the Roman period now, which is much more fun than the original boxed games scenarios, that only lasted for 10 or 20 years.

Is the game worth buying, for me yes as I love Roman history, and I enjoyed the EU series.

The game is ground breaking in what it attempts to do, and will I think open up whole new game designs for the future. However it still needs patching and should not have been released for at least another 6 months of beta tests.

If you are mad keen on Roman history, then buy it! otherwise keep an eye on those bargain bins some time later this year.
Old February 16, 2004, 04:15   #38
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

few Pax links

http://dreamcatcherinteractive.com/forums/

http://forum.antikgames.com/index.php?s=

http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/dci...riptionUk.html
Old February 16, 2004, 10:40   #39
Grumbold
Emperor

Looks like it could well be worth a go if patch 1.2 irons out the remaining foibles.
Old February 16, 2004, 20:33   #40
JCG
Prince

Local Time: 05:58
This is a game that I'd probably love once I got to know it better, being EU-inclined and all that....but right now, the interface seems just a bit too "uncomfortable" for my tastes (some windows are huge, others are barely visible)...not to mention that it has crashed a couple of times while saving.

That said, the level of detail and the political model is so promising, that I guess that I'll give the new manual a long read while waiting for 1.02....
Old February 23, 2004, 23:19   #41
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 03:58
faux shizzle! The game looke fun reminds me of the hugegantically awesome ceasar III