Old October 20, 2003, 21:26   #1
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 04:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
HYPERSMAC turn reporting and discussion thread
Visit The Recreation Commons

Your password (as the University) is research and you'll start with Planetary Networks as your free tech
Old October 21, 2003, 00:21   #2
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Re: HYPERSMAC turn reporting and discussion thread
Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie
Visit The Recreation Commons

Your password (as the University) is research and you'll start with Planetary Networks as your free tech

One would think that with all the creative effort you put into making scenarios, you'd be a bit more original with the passwords.
Old October 21, 2003, 01:21   #3
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

LOL - it's a fine line between getting something that everyone can remember (thereby linking it somehow to the faction) and having to look up this thread every two or three days to find out what it is

And, btw, I have managed to get the scenario start where you get to choose your own free tech (and unfortunately Plan Nets isn't on the list of choices)
Old October 21, 2003, 16:56   #4
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 06:00
Quote:
And, btw, I have managed to get the scenario start where you get to choose your own free tech (and unfortunately Plan Nets isn't on the list of choices)
Bloody computers.
Old October 21, 2003, 22:02   #5
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 05:00
Crud... oh well, thanks for the freedom of choice now, Goog.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old October 22, 2003, 21:13   #6
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 06:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Googlie
Googlie:
Might one inquire exactly how you are dealing with the University in your scenarios lately - do you have a new method that lets the player choose their own second tech (and get it right away, like in a 'normal' start and rechoose the next one?) instead of having to kludge it up, like asking them in advance and putting it in for them or just hoping it works out? If you do have a good method of getting their second choice thing done, though, I would be interested in trying it out - if you don't feel like posting it here, please email me with it. As to your specific problem here, if you move the University around in the turn order, the selection will likely be different (to simplify a little to avoid a lengthy digresssion, there can be as many as 3 different offerings, each one excluding from the possible offerings the techs from 3 roughly equal-sized groups of techs).

Right now I'm setting one up with 2 copies of the University doubling my fun - Aside from them getting different choices for their second techs, it is toying with me - if I give them the 2 techs in the editor, I end up having to make the 3rd tech choice for them in the password selection round and they already have it when they would be seeing the turn for the first time; OTOH, with only giving them one tech and selecting the 2nd for them it perversely doesn't prompt them for the 3rd tech choice til the turn following their initial view of it (it has already produced the second tech, it just doesn't ask about the third until it has registered a turn worth of accumulated tech production; perhaps that is the 'normal' way, but by contrast with the other version, it seems like they are getting shorted in the tech production department).
Old October 27, 2003, 15:49   #7
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 05:00
Any further word?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...