Old October 1, 2000, 05:49   #1
Maud'Dib

Mammoth Scenario
This scenario that comes with MGE from the BestOfNet2 seems to have a major flaw, it crashes repeatedly between turns 2 & 6.
Has anyone else experienced this problem??? If so, what did you do to fix it???
If not, where do I turn for help???

------------------
"And his word shall carry
death eternal to those who
stand against righteousness."

Old October 1, 2000, 11:48   #2
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 07:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I have the same problem, and I think it is related to MGE in some way. A friend of mine had it on FW, and it ran fine.
Old October 1, 2000, 13:43   #3
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 00:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Mammoth has 2 major flaws, which is too bad, because otherwise it's a neat scenario. First, there's a technical error: some terrorist (barbarian) units are given incorrect coordinates in the events text. The result is that they exist in the "other dimension." This may be the cause of the game crashing.

BTW, Giant Squid did some excellent work on this nearly a year ago. You can look it up in the old forum threads. He even did a mini-scenario to illustrate the problems and possibilities.

Second, there is a big design problem, also involving the terrorists. They appear on 2 islands, one in the north and one in the south. The designer gives them lots of transports, assuming that the high powered terrorist units will get on the boats and attack the civs on the giant continent. But they don't. They just stay on the islands and keep building up. So they don't pose any threat, the opposite of the designer's intention.

I can suggest a couple of things. Re-do the events text to have the terrorist units appear on several remote areas of the large continent. Or have the events text create land bridges to the continent at some suitable time. You'll still have to fix the coordinates of the units appearing on the northern island in any event.

Old October 3, 2000, 04:23   #4
Maud'Dib

Thanks.

To anyone's knowledge, did anyone ever redesign the scenario so it works (especially for those like me who have MGE).
I do agree it is a great scenario from what I have examined.

------------------
"And his word shall carry
death eternal to those who
stand against righteousness."