View Poll Results: How much do you spend on food in a month?
$80-$120 4 11.76%
$120-$160 6 17.65%
$160-$200 6 17.65%
$200-$240 6 17.65%
$240-$280 2 5.88%
$280-$320 1 2.94%
$320-$360 3 8.82%
$360-$400 2 5.88%
Not on this range 4 11.76%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 23, 2003, 03:57   #31
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 06:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'm probably in the $280-320 range, as I consciously try to stay around $10 a day. If I'm not working a lot of overtime, I try to force it down to less than $5, which involves using a lot of rice and dried beans.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old October 23, 2003, 07:35   #32
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 13:05
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnT

You spend $2 per meal, 2 meals a day and after 30 days you're looking at $120.00. Me thinks you aren't capturing all your food costs.
Maybe he gets his food from garbage. Some people do it around here. They are not like homeless or anything, they just protest against the fact that there is millions of euros worth of perfectly eatable food thrown out just because their best before date has passed

- Paul Valery
Old October 23, 2003, 08:44   #33
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 07:05
You know, the true downfall of Western Civilization will be caused by busy-bodies with too much time on their hands and idiotic anger in their hearts.

In short: how moronic!
Old October 23, 2003, 08:54   #34
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 13:05
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnT
You spend $2 per meal, 2 meals a day and after 30 days you're looking at $120.00. Me thinks you aren't capturing all your food costs.
I just did a little miscalculation (From DK to Dollars)

I believe the number will then be around $120-$140 per month, per person
Old October 23, 2003, 09:01   #35
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 14:05
Well after rent and internet connection I have 70 euros left. From that I pay everything, including food and phone bill. Yes, it is frigging difficult. Mind you food is not exactly cheap here. So, I'd say 60 euros. I need a job BADLY. Yes, I'm POOR.

I'm also seriously thinking about that garbage thing as laurentius mentioned. It's cold here already, so I figure there must be something I could use (cold=eatable for longer time, natures own fridge )
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old October 23, 2003, 09:03   #36
Combat Ingrid
Prince

Local Time: 20:05
I can't really estimate how much I spend on food, but at least I know I spend almost €100/month on icecream. I know it's too much, but it's so good!
Old October 23, 2003, 09:09   #37
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 14:05
So that leaves 2 euros per meal if you eat once a day. From that I eat at school which is ~2.5 euros but it's good food. But I can't afford eating there everyday really, so I have to skip it every now and then. And sure you don't get anything with 2 euros, so you need to be creative. But I don't complain about this one too much, it's better than nothing, and I don't die from hunger. Naturally it is frustrating that you can't buy anything, no clothes, no booze, no ****ing nothing. But then again it's a challenge too. So I like to think it as challenge. Else I get depressed

and everyone who considers me as a rich spoiled kid (like some people do make that mistake) can suck on my balls, I'm below all possible poverty lines and still making it. From this I can't understand how people who live alone and are on welfare in the same area as me (same rent, I'm not in student housing) are still not making anything.. I guess it's all that beer and booze they spend their money on. Since they get at least 2 times what I am, they truly must be losers, or at least some of them. They don't invest themselves, they invest in drinking and unnecessary things. And wait for something to happen, like the country owes them something, which is the cornerstone of these peoples reason of failing. Naturally this doesn't mean all, since many have to support family, and that's very difficult even on welfare, so they are not losers by default. But this is good, without this support I'd be in deep doodoo so I'm grateful for every cent I get. But I need to get a job, even though I can manage with this, it's not exactly a walk in the park.

Donations are payable by moneyorder
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Last edited by Pekka; October 23, 2003 at 09:30.
Old October 24, 2003, 01:54   #38
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 04:05
I try to keep mine to around $1 per meal. But actually it is slightly over that amount.