ahh but under zylka they would have conquered the world LOL
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old December 16, 2003, 11:27   #273
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 11:08
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yeah. I would have at least put up proper follow through methods and further routed your pathetic civ, Raz - meanwhile Deity was happy for status quo peace with ME, but when the old guy came back..

I just feel really dissapointed and insulted, is all.. all my interest and work in this game thrown out the window simply because "he wanted to" or didn't have the common sense how to work otherwise. Oh well - I still had fun, just didn't want to see my baby crushed by incompetence and your guys' appropriation of such. Have fun for the rest of the game, everyone
Old December 16, 2003, 12:33   #274
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 21:08
your opinion of yor abilitys out weighs relaity.. LOL.....

As i said your attack force was killed my first turn 2nd wave of forces was beign targeted when winzity signed peace.... you were to ofar back with 2nd wave of offensive units to do any damage..

Yuo left lunde undefended and it was taken and that caused a few units to die instantly as they were supported from there
Old December 16, 2003, 12:38   #275
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 07:08
I missed the whole damn war.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old December 16, 2003, 16:01   #276
Zylka
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Rasputin

As i said your attack force was killed my first turn 2nd wave of forces was beign targeted when winzity signed peace.... you were to ofar back with 2nd wave of offensive units to do any damage..

Yuo left lunde undefended and it was taken and that caused a few units to die instantly as they were supported from there
You couldn't have physically taken Lunde without it's second turn re-defense and my proper destructive counter. I'm not willing to play games outside of the game here, Raz - if you're ever willing to do those few turns with me at the helm instead we can report the outcome to the audience and confirm "reality". Now stop being a spell-checkerless, panic "LOL" using, poor civ building hack of a man.
Old December 16, 2003, 17:24   #277
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

anytime you loser... you had no counter attack force within moving sdistnac eof the city, the rest were back bout 4-5 squares... my cavlalry divsions made mince meat fo toyr front line.... and it always a good move to leave a city empty by moving your defneders out... LOL
Old December 16, 2003, 17:58   #278
Zylka
King

Ok Raz - I just looked at the map where your cavalry were to leave off making "mince meat fo toyr". You had ONE cavalry and A crusader, up against my 5 cavalry, + advancing riflemen, storm troopers, cannons, etc. You simply could NOT have taken Lunde that turn by straight ZOC rules, at which point after it was Winzity playing. Deity seems to have some units nearby which may have been turned to you after he told me "plans changed" when Winzity was back in control (in short - even D knows what a faltering idiot you are against a real player)

In short, your views here really do reflect the overall quality of your civ, as usual. If you want to re-do these turns, let's simply wipe the rest of the civs out to control AI, and go for it. Come on, b*tch - no running away or being saved by the bell this time. You're mine.
Old December 16, 2003, 18:34   #279
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Lets be civil folks...

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old December 16, 2003, 18:48   #280
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 13:08
After checking the 1120 save I can say that the only way Raz could have captured Lunde on the next turn is if he had killed the doublestacked units on the hill with the stormtrooper inside the city witch is highly unlikely.

There is off course an easyer way to do this but I guess unit-teleporting is forbidden in this game?
Old December 17, 2003, 01:41   #281
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Ok there is a bug in the saved game, if you load it and try to play my turn only it appears my turn finsihed, when in fact if you load it and play MP serbs first then egypt gets a turn . Which is how it should be. game saved by Ljube on serbs turn.

ok then rush buying cavalry while serbs moving created 1 extra cavalry in holy lands and one already east of town , one took out the stormtrooper / rifleman in hills the other entered an empty lunde. south of lunde, a rush built diplo bought his diplo and hence bout his amry there, then using that army and my new Bribed Cavalry was able to wipe out what was left of his attack force, remebereing that any units homed to lunde were killed when that city was taken ...

Here you can see the Tartar Attack army in place and the intitial Egpytians.

The 2nd wave of Tartar soldiers no where to be seen becuase they 4 squares away east, no retaking lunde that turn.

The beauty of dilpo games is that it not about the warfare, it about diplomacy... The Egyptians utilised what they had and what I am good at to get what i wanted. You may be good at duels and war and stuff, but you just proved you cant play diplo by attacking an enemy you knew not who he was allied with or friendly with. or his ability to get his friends to activate to counter and deficiencys. I never claim to be best civ2 player but i sure as hell am a lot better at playing diplo than you, the result of all this is my proof.

So no i wont take you on with other nations as AI, but if you want to try and do better with the other same players as humans go for it. I can out negotiate you in diplo anytime....
Old December 17, 2003, 04:22   #282
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 23:08
Zylka and atawa have got it wrong.

NONE of my troops went to Raz. All my forces were entirely at war with Serbs.

The Start of the session was on the Serbs turn as Raz said; and he had time to rush buy BEFORE his turn and even sell improvements if necessary. The NEW vet Storm in Holy Lands EASILY beats the Zylka stack. THEN Raz cavalry takes the undefended Lunde (which apparently destroyed supported units from Lunde...)

I don't think Raz is an idiot Zylka. Don't speak for me. Your post above is not clear to me so I'll hold back until I understand better what you are trying to say (am I the old man you refer to?)

And what are you implying atawa?

Last edited by deity; December 17, 2003 at 08:40.
Old December 17, 2003, 04:30   #283
deity
Emperor

Another amazing thing in all this is the good sportsmanship shown by Raz.

One week his civ is subbed by Zylka.

Zylka then leaks info about Raz's plans to other players (not necesarily a problem - I illustrated this leak in Lizards visions).

Zylka the next week subs for Tartars and attacks the civ he was subbing for in the previous week; with inside knowldege of that civ.

Not once has Raz threatened unfair play.
I've seen bigger name players quit games when things like this happened and that includes you Zylka.

Raz is a brilliant diplo player. He's used me well in this circumstance but I know that later in the game things could be diferent.

I think you guys should apologise.
Old December 17, 2003, 04:31   #284
deity
Emperor

BTW, it's important that you look at the saves with the modpak because of the special units in this game, like the 7/5/1 Storm Trooper I referred to.
Old December 17, 2003, 04:36   #285
deity
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by atawa
After checking the 1120 save I can say that the only way Raz could have captured Lunde on the next turn is if he had killed the doublestacked units on the hill with the stormtrooper inside the city witch is highly unlikely.

There is off course an easyer way to do this but I guess unit-teleporting is forbidden in this game?
There are a few ways Raz could have done this.

1) See above posts;

2) Also, he could have bribed the Tartar diplo and then bribed the Tartar cavalry East of Lunde.

Remember, by the time Raz turn came around after Serbs played he would have had an extra unit in each of Holy Lands, Tutankhamen and Buffalo City. My choice would have been a diplo in Tut; a Storm Trooper in Holy and a Cavalry in Buffalo.
Old December 17, 2003, 08:45   #286
deity
Emperor

BTW What the hell is unit teleporting? If you mean gifting units then this game is rife with unit gifting - Serbs being the main perpetrators In fact those Tartar cavalry you see are probably gifted by Serbs.

This game allows aliances, unit and city gifting. Units can't move twice on the same turn and cities cannot contain Wonders.
Old December 17, 2003, 13:21   #287
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Quote:
Originally posted by deity
Zylka and atawa have got it wrong.

NONE of my troops went to Raz. All my forces were entirely at war with Serbs.

The Start of the session was on the Serbs turn as Raz said; and he had time to rush buy BEFORE his turn and even sell improvements if necessary. The NEW vet Storm in Holy Lands EASILY beats the Zylka stack. THEN Raz cavalry takes the undefended Lunde (which apparently destroyed supported units from Lunde...)
I forgot he could rushbuy before his turn, with either another vet stormtrooper or cav build he should have destroyed the doublestacked unit on the hill. To defeat it easily he should have 2 units though, not 1.

Quote:
And what are you implying atawa?
Dont put words in my mouth mate
Old December 17, 2003, 13:25   #288
atawa
King

Quote:
I think you guys should apologise.
I sincirely appologize for the fact I overlooked the ability to rushbuy units before his turn.
Old December 17, 2003, 13:28   #289
atawa
King

Quote:
BTW, it's important that you look at the saves with the modpak because of the special units in this game, like the 7/5/1 Storm Trooper I referred to.
Vet stormtrooper against stormtrooper on a hill is a big maybe, not a sure thing at all.

Btw, I didnt know unitbribe was allowed in this game.
Old December 17, 2003, 18:16   #290
Zylka
King

No one owes Raz an apology. I might if this hadn't first been pushed over on to a personal level a la "lOL u r so stupid U now find out why never atT aack wiotu justifcation , loser". And the attack on Egypt wouldn't have happened if I hadn't caught on to his manipulations of MYSELF, so fair is fair.

By the way: you well know I quit that game because it was initially "confirmed" by several (respected) others that the only way the specific happening was possible was by map peaking between sessions. I find it insulting to insinuate otherwise, when I still hold you with high regard - especially in this game.

Last edited by Zylka; December 17, 2003 at 18:43.
Old December 17, 2003, 18:42   #291
deity
Emperor

Quote:

I forgot he could rushbuy before his turn, with either another vet stormtrooper or cav build he should have destroyed the doublestacked unit on the hill. To defeat it easily he should have 2 units though, not 1.

Dont put words in my mouth mate
OK. But I just thought you guys came in a bit quick making judgements without checking facts.

Reading back over the posts it looks to me as though Zylka got personal before Raz did.

But let's chill out LOL LOL

It's great seeing so much interest in the game.

BTW, I think Raz said he had at least one unit already in Holy Lands, plus the rush build new one plus the cavalry on the hill. Play the save online with someone as Serbs to hold and I'm sure Raz easily wins those battles.
Old December 17, 2003, 18:46   #292
Zylka
King

Quote:
Reading back over the posts it looks to me as though Zylka got personal before Raz did.
Glad to see a lack of bias there D. Where in this situation does it get personal or goading before these?

Quote:
ahh but under zylka they would have conquered the world LOL

Old December 17, 2003, 18:47   #293
deity
Emperor

Quote:

Vet stormtrooper against stormtrooper on a hill is a big maybe, not a sure thing at all.

Btw, I didnt know unitbribe was allowed in this game.

Tartar Storm rife is not fortified on the hill.. see above and play the save with someone. Give us a score of wins and losses out of 10 attempts...?

Unit bribe is generally allowed in all games I've been involved in EXCEPT those hosted by Horse!

All previous diplos allowed unit bribe.
Old December 17, 2003, 18:48   #294
Zylka
King

Quote:

BTW, I think Raz said he had at least one unit already in Holy Lands, plus the rush build new one plus the cavalry on the hill. Play the save online with someone as Serbs to hold and I'm sure Raz easily wins those battles.
Sure, I think he had a statistical chance now of 66% taking lunde with those argued forces. That wipes out a dip a near destroyed canon on top. Even after that, he was meat for my grinder - especially comparing civs
Old December 17, 2003, 18:50   #295
Zylka
King

Quote:
All previous diplos allowed unit bribe.
but the said bribe didn't happen, and is therefore worth nothing in "what if" value
Old December 17, 2003, 18:52   #296
deity
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Zylka

Glad to see a lack of bias there D. Where in this situation does it get personal or goading before these?
I think that is pretty tame. Goading yes, personal no.

I'm just annoyed and biased because the facts weren't reported correctly. This caused Raz to get upset cos it looked like his move was being seriously questioned. Yet, he'd worked out a good military response to your initial attack. Give him some credit and let's chill out please. ALL of us.
Old December 17, 2003, 19:00   #297
Zylka
King

Hey, I'm pretty annoyed and quite insulted too. Don't make your boy out to be some innocent victim of this spoken word. In any case - have a good rest of the game, guys. I really do hope you're ready and considering the next Eurodip where we can keep such heat in the game.
Old December 17, 2003, 21:49   #298
deity
Emperor

Quote:
Sure, I think he had a statistical chance now of 66% taking lunde with those argued forces. That wipes out a dip a near destroyed canon on top. Even after that, he was meat for my grinder - especially comparing civs
Meat for the grinder! LOL! You had Serb forces and Raz had none of mine but if he did, do you know that I had 8 units in that fort south of Buffalo City?

Anyway, I like playing with folks who have attitude (not personal though) and as far as I'm concerned you're still welcome to sub in this game and I hope we get that other diplo going too. Eurodip sounds cool Zylka.
Old December 17, 2003, 22:47   #299
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Quote:

but the said bribe didn't happen, and is therefore worth nothing in "what if" value
Umm bribe did occur..... Had to sell all my temples in land to get money to rush build and bribe,,, also used money so kindly given by tartars to buy a city.

i have redone the attack on the stacki nhills 20 times and every time the vet cavlary in holylands kills the unfortified storm trooper in the hills.

No "map peaking" betwen sessions was necesssary as i had knowledge of the main attack wave fro mtheir location around my detroyed city of ?Eatrern Mount, and then find the second wave after peace signed and winzity confirmed his troop locations with me for peace agreement, no tartar unit was close enough to lunde to retake it. all i had to do was keep buying units each turn to hold back the tartars, and with serbs under attack from azande i knew no more units coming from them , my plan was to take out the first wave, take losses form 2nd wave when it arrived and hit back with my reserves to be built. with indians mobilising i knew that they could cut of your supply through asia, so i had no concerns for a major attack, my unit numbers were similar to yours, with nearly al lcitys defended by 2 stormtroopers and building cavalry, all vet i should add. i was asked to send all my cavalry to india and didnt i only sent one to fool the world. I infomred india of the plan to attack him and he defended himself, once the axis powers saw this they turned on me , which was probalby their plan all along based on information of weak mid east... but they foolishly attacked eastern mount first instead of mid east. personal attacks started in icq and as i have stated often you can say what you want in the game in character but dont get personal.... i apologise for lowering mysle fto that standard, but as deity says the whole war would not have occured if zylka didnt know my unit set up in mideast...

but i prepared myself from turn one to defend and by the attack turn i had become only 2nd to deity in troops ..

well i wont repsond anymore, the outcomes speak for themsleves and i know that once again the best diplo players will be in the top 4 positons at the end. see hotw2 for what i managed when i took over a pathetic israel from dimlby and conquered USA and north africa.....
Old December 17, 2003, 23:37   #300
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

Cut it out, all of you.

This kind of out of character chest thumping should be reserved for mindless duels, not in a Diplogame. You all want to compare penis lengths do it elsewhere, don't f*ck up this game.

If you all want to talk smack, make some brilliant posts in the STORY THREAD. With all the drama and war and ill feelings there has been almost nothing posted in the story thread this week.

Closed Thread