Old October 24, 2003, 08:31   #1
Harried&Tired
Settler

Local Time: 11:11
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Communications Failure
I just started playing SMAC again recently and I've had a bug pop up. Santiago declared Vendetta on me so I took one of her cities. As soon as one of my units approached one of her other cities the communications box pops up saying she'd like to talk to me. I hit ok, figuring I'd give her city back for a truce. But when I hit OK the communications box just pops up again. This happens about 3 times then Santiago says 'fine, I'll wipe the planet with you ' or something along those lines. This has happened about five or six times in this game now.

I remember this happening occasionally when I used to play. Anybody know if there's a way around this? I'm running SMAC with version 4.0. Nothing tweaked or anything.

I'd really like to get Santiago off my back since I'm sharing a continent with Lal who's being very prickly and Miriam is running amok on a fair sized continent and has had a long running hot/cold war with me for a while.
Thanks

My communications with Santiago have finally opened up (after she tried hitting me with 2 PB's). Oh, and I could talk to anybody else, just not the Spartans.

Last edited by Harried&Tired; October 24, 2003 at 09:08.
Old October 24, 2003, 09:50   #2
swillwater
Chieftain

Happens to me all the time, usually with the Hive, since they get tired of me constantly running democracy.

I have always interepreted it as follows: that relations between you and the other faction have got so bad, that you have no choice but to ignore their transmission.
Old October 25, 2003, 00:29   #3
gwillybj
Prince

Local Time: 07:11
Location: Eurytion Mining Camp: 100°C dayside, 100°F nightside.
I see that all the time. The multiple pop-ups always end with them declaring Vendetta, and my attempts to initiate dialog are ignored for several turns after.
Old October 26, 2003, 23:54   #4
Ancyrean
Chieftain

Local Time: 20:11
This happens to me all the time too.

I know it's just a bug, but I like to imagine this anomaly of three consecutive incoming communications pop ups as some kinda sign of "AI outrage" at my unstoppable takeover of its bases...Kind of like banging on the door and shouting out loud instead of ringing the bell
Old October 27, 2003, 08:35   #5
Harried&Tired
Settler

Thanks guys, at least I'm not alone with this bug. Like I mentioned I can talk to her now but she wants an obscene amount of money to end the bloodshed. I was hoping for a military win this game but I'm tired of this so I'll just go for transendence .