Old October 9, 2003, 07:17   #151
Arthedain
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

Local Time: 10:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
2. POTUS, Arthedrain, what positions are you thinking of? Both of you can work together on the paper if you wish. However, I urge both of you not underestimate your own abilities. If you wish to be a front commander, then state it so, we will need them.
I'm not underestimating myself, I just dunno what position I can take I'm just underestimating myself when it comes to being a front commander hehe..
Old October 9, 2003, 09:54   #152
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 04:36
Quote:
Originally posted by Arthedain

I'm not underestimating myself, I just dunno what position I can take I'm just underestimating myself when it comes to being a front commander hehe..
Well with only around 12 people active everyone will probably have something to do.

I wouldn't worry about how good you think you are at CIV II.

There will be all the rest of us to rely upon for advice.

I would play the scenario at least once in SP mode to get the feel for it. That will get your more than enough background to play.

We just need to know if you want to be a front commander and actually control some of the troops or whether you would want to be a minister and control the economy or decide what units we are going to build or just work on the news paper.

Until Pinky Knows what your preference is he really cant make sure you get into the right job.

Look at the Government thread and see what positions we decided upon and what interests you.

Then post them here. It may chage in 6 months anyway so try out a few different things to do.

I only did SP in Red Front twice and played several positions in that Demo game with no problem.

So my recommendation is to just jump in and do something and have fun!

Oh and I almost forgot:

hi,

have a nice day
Old October 9, 2003, 12:44   #153
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 08:36
Conmcb and El Awerence

Looks like we'll be having two other minister spots besides PM as well. Steve, you are in the knesset, so can only be a minister. El Awrence, you could decide to be either a minister or apply for the military (and chief of staff is still open), but I would like to know soon so I can offer the other minister spot down the list to either Arthedrain or POTUS.

(originally, a PM, but El, your mailbox is fun and I want to move on).
Old October 9, 2003, 13:25   #154
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 05:36
My mailbox is fun? WTF? Send me an email in my sig

I'll apply for the military in this one.
Old October 9, 2003, 14:56   #155
PinkyGen
Prince

K. Arthedrain, you want a post now?

El, you want just a front, or try for Chief of Staff. (So far I have not seen anybody except Kenobi, and he's not getting approved if he is only willing to use bribery).

Last edited by PinkyGen; October 9, 2003 at 15:09.
Old October 9, 2003, 15:55   #156
Dr. Nick
Deity

Hmm, I could go for Chief of Staff. I'd prefer to fight, but I will go where the party *cough* Israel will need me!

Old October 9, 2003, 16:26   #157
Arthedain
staff

I can be a minister if there's a spot to fill. I think I will wait with being a front commander.
Old October 9, 2003, 16:27   #158
PinkyGen
Prince

We'll see who else applies, but if its nothing but peaceniks...
Old October 9, 2003, 16:44   #159
Arthedain
staff

How can I make the words "One Israel party" in my sig link to this thread?
Old October 9, 2003, 16:51   #160
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
What I do is this:

Before you do anything get the URL of the thread you want to link to copied. Its at the top of the web page

Go to any thread

Hit reply

in the reply there is an htpp command on the grey buttons

When you hit that reply press the htpp button.

It will ask you for the title and then the url.

Copy that, back out of reply (so you dont actually do a reply) , go to control panel and paste in your sig
Old October 9, 2003, 16:55   #161
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
I usually open a page, as if I am writing a post. Then I use the http:// button , and create a link like so

Then I copy and paste into my signature.

As for our government, here is how it's shaping up.
One Israel:
PinkyGen: PM
Conmcb25: Defense
Arthedrain: Econ.
El Awrence: Chief of Staff. El, if you really don't want it, then you can hand it over to someone provided they aren't a hippie candidate. I believe Centre is expecting two positions on the front, I trust you to select for the other fronts besides what Centre wants.

Centre:
Stalin II: Immigration.
Emu: President.

There is a possibility that Emu and Conmcb25 may switch posts, Emu originally requested President, but it is my personal belief Defense is a more powerful position, and rather than risk letting Centre get disapointed with the arrangement, offered him Defense. Emu has yet to respond, and until he does, I assume he still wants President. If he wants Defense Minister, let him have it.

And as I said, Conmcb25 is in charge when I am vacation.
Old October 9, 2003, 16:59   #162
Arthedain
staff

Thanks both of you

edit: Never mind, I already knew the answer to that question

Last edited by Arthedain; October 9, 2003 at 17:04.
Old October 9, 2003, 19:32   #163
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 00:36
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
I will do anything. If El doesn't want to be chief of staff, I would willingly serve as it if no one else wants to.
Old October 9, 2003, 19:34   #164
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by POTUS
I will do anything. If El doesn't want to be chief of staff, I would willingly serve as it if no one else wants to.
Put your name in the hat to be a front commander.

Get em quick before we have to give them away to the Hippies!

Disclaimer: The above was said purely in jest! (The Hippie part)
Old October 9, 2003, 22:27   #165
Dr. Nick
Deity

I'll be chief of staff... it allows me to forcibly relocate Arab labour back to our factories, correct?

Old October 9, 2003, 22:36   #166
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
I'll be chief of staff... it allows me to forcibly relocate Arab labour back to our factories, correct?

It allows you to satisfy this "Strategic Intent":

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
I want to keep the post non-political, but the General should be willing to agree with the following concepts.

1. Support offensive action so all of our cities will be linked together, and not be seperated by Arab territory.
We need to relieve some of our far off settlements. While we should not defend these places at all costs, we should make attempts to open road routes so we can send reinforcements. Additionally, some of our larger towns in the Galilee are cut off by Arab towns.
2. Be willing to expand our defensive perimeter.
3. Maintain our control of West Jerusalem, and have a plan to allow access to the holy Old City once more by capture of East Jerusalem.
4. In addition to the above 3 reasons to capture Arab cities, be willing to capture or bribe Arab cities for the purposes of using their infrastructure to aid our economy and production.
5. Be mindful that in 5-6 turns, the British leave, and we must be prepared to resist the full fury of the Arab attack.

Obviously, this will involve coordinating with front commander, but the Chief of Staff will select front commanders, but be amendable to suggestions from above. (For example, Yaroslav has already told me he wants the Syrian front, and other people have expressed interest in the military as well).

Also note that I have left "specific" military operations out of it, I only set guidelines. You are in charge of the specifics, along with front commanders. (And believe me, we got in a fight in Red Front over this).
So dont get to zealous, dont forget Im going to be Defense Minister in all probability.............

So if you get to out of hand then:
Old October 14, 2003, 15:58   #167
PinkyGen
Prince

Well, I'm back from vacation, and as usual, Centre is being difficult.

I notice nothing has been done on a party paper. I thought people wanted it, so we may get our message out to the party faithful and to the masses at large. Do I need to appoint somebody to head it, or can you "writers" get together to work something out.
Old October 20, 2003, 23:50   #168
Pap1723
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 02:36
I would like to be in One Israel if there is an opening. I've been reading this thread and it looks real interesting.

Pap
Old October 20, 2003, 23:55   #169
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Welcome Pap!

Good to see you here old buddy.

We will stay in touch and Ill let you know when we need you!
Old October 21, 2003, 00:03   #170
PinkyGen
Prince

Welcome aboard Pap. We've given out most positions, but you are welcome to take on any party responsibilities if you wish.

And remember to vote.
Old October 21, 2003, 00:06   #171
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 03:36
I'd like to register with the OIP.
Old October 21, 2003, 00:10   #172
PinkyGen
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871
I'd like to register with the OIP.
Welcome to the club. You're M1 rifle and Menachem Begin's "Guide to Arab Hunting" is in the mail.
Old October 21, 2003, 00:43   #173
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Welcome Darius! Its about time some of conservative friends came out of the woodwork!
Old October 21, 2003, 10:19   #174
Dr. Nick
Deity

Wilkommen to you all!
Old October 21, 2003, 10:46   #175
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Hey POTUS, what is the deal between you and asaz989? How did you guys meet? What made you two join Apooy at about the same time?

Just wondering

BTW is asaz989 ever comming back?
Old October 21, 2003, 12:08   #176
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:36
Sorry for entering in your thread, but I'd like to give a warm welcome to my buddys Pap and Darius!
Old October 21, 2003, 12:10   #177
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by yaroslav
Sorry for entering in your thread, but I'd like to give a warm welcome to my buddys Pap and Darius!
Yaro as the official "Party Hack" for One Israel, I can honestly say you are always welcome here!

And if you ever want to jump parties just let us know
Old October 21, 2003, 18:26   #178
POTUS
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusMacCivilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 00:36
Location: How could I possibly not have a Mozambican flag, I mean, what other country has an AK-47 on their flag?
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Hey POTUS, what is the deal between you and asaz989? How did you guys meet?
We go to the same school and are practically neighbors.

Quote:
What made you two join Apooy at about the same time?
I discovered this site, thought it was cool, and convinced Asa to join.

Quote:
BTW is asaz989 ever comming back?
He checks in once in a while. He probably will pay more attention around the next election for Knesset.
Old October 21, 2003, 18:47   #179
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Hey POTUS, this is actually kind of neat. I had a feeling it was something like this. And I was quite frankly dying to hear the story! Welcome both of you to Apoly!

I see you two are also in a PBEM now, so enjoy that as well. PBEM is my first love but these demo games can be fun too!
Old October 29, 2003, 14:51   #180
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

does the party have any plans for the next month , .....

have a nice day